Sanctuary

Sanctuary for All (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Oct 03, 2008 on Syfy

• Dr. Zimmerman who is a Forensic Psychiatrist is recruited by Dr. Helen Magnus the leader of a place that is a Sanctuary for Abnormals. Things that we might say go bump in the night. He's recruited for his capability to see past the mundane in the world.

I saw this in its original airing a year ago and just re-watched it for the first time on DVD. This is a wonderful show using ground breaking technology. The green screen effects are quite good. My only complaint from a technological basis is the low light photography. It almost seems at times they are filming with as little light as possible to avoid the viewer seeing things they want to hide. At least that is the impression. If not for that fact I would probably give this a full point higher rating.

The characters in this show are very compelling right from the start. Helen is a enigma at best and I was fascinated by her and what she was from the standpoint of a doctor. Will seems to be a brave and vulnerable guy all at the same time. We don't really get to meet Angela that much but it is obvious she is a wise cracking take no prisoners kind of gal. Put this together with the wonders of the Sanctuary and you have very appealing chemistry.

I was drawn in by this two part episode and still watch the show today. That should say enough. The CGI and green screen effects do get better through the many episodes up to this year. Enjoy! Thanks for reading...
MNT