Sanford and Son

Committee Man

Aired Unknown Nov 12, 1976 on NBC

5.9
  • Fred becomes a member of the Mayors committee and is bribed by a unscrupulous businessman. Fred has to decide whether to do the right thing or yield to temptation and take the money.

5.2
    This is a typical, uninspired episode from the sixth and final season which, by the way, fell completely out of the Nielsen television ratings top ten. Most of the jokes that are presented fall flat. The writing just does not measure up as compared to earlier seasons. I found myself entertained more by Fred’s character than the actual plot. I could manage only one chuckle for this episode and that was for Fred’s ill fitting, second hand business suit. Fritzi Burr appears again as Fred’s main antagonist in this episode. As usual, the name calling and insults are pretty unoriginal as Fred calls her a “bulldog” and “Trigger” (the wonder horse). Sosimo Hernandez appears as another recycled character (see episode 53: Fred Sanford, Legal Eagle) with his forgettable catch phrase, “I did no that”. It is easy to see with this episode that the show was pretty much done and was running on fumes. Despite the poor writing and acting that was displayed throughout the sixth season, I cannot give any Sanford and Son episode a really low rating, but the majority from this season are definitely in the bottom rung.
TVONE