Sanford and Son

Ebenezer Sanford

Aired Unknown Dec 12, 1975 on NBC

6.9
  • Christmas Review #54

Fred is a Scrooge-like miser during the Christmas season and his friends try to get him to join into the Christmas spirit, but he rejects the attempts. After being accused of a being a Scrooge, Fred falls asleep and dreams up "A Christmas Carol." Now it is up to the spirits to take on the challenge that his friends failed at. I thought that this was an excellent Christmas episode of "Sanford and Son". It was a hilarious Christmas episode with a well written "A Christmas Carol" storyline. Now, usually the christmas carol-type episodes of tv shows are emotional but this one wasn't really emotional. The only part that was maybe a little sad was the part with the Ghost of Christmas Future when it showed Fred being alone and having nobody with him. It was very nice to see Fred as a younger kid and his mom when he was wit the Ghost of Christmas Past. Lamont playing all Ghost of Christmas Past, Present, and Future was very funny. It was hilarious when Fred said "What are you supposed to be?... the statue of Liberatchi". Fred said a lot of lines in this Christmas episode that really cracked me up so most of the humor came from Fred. The closing bit of the episode with Fred Christmas caroling was very nice and it was also nice that we gave that boy 20 dollars instead of 10 dollars and that he met his parents. Overall, an excellent Christmas episode of "Sanford and Son"... it wasn't really emotional like I hoped it would be but it was sure hilarious. 10/10