Saturday Night Darren and Brose

(ended 2004)

Saturday Night Darren and Brose Fan Reviews (1)

7.2
  • Late night comedy talk show from comics Darren and Brose filmed in front of a live studio audience. The format featured Darren as host, Brose as side-kick, a house band, skits, celebrity interviews and audience particpation segments.

I'm one of these few people who actually include Channel 31 in my channel surfing ritual, and over the years have generally been disappointed. Chartbusting 80s is quite a good show but the host is sometimes a bit hard to watch, there's a good hockey show which is on, and Hamish and Andy had a funny show on briefly before going commercial. In my opinion although it wasn't on TV for very long this talk show is the best show I've seen on Channel 31. The show was not very original in look with it's Letterman style set, but why fix a format that isn't broke? Instead this show was consistently funny, had good skits, high quality guests, and did interesting things. So although it was vintage in look this show was oddly a very refreshing change. I really don't want to fork out for Foxtel, but right now 7, 9 and 10 aren't doing their job.