A Saturday Night Live Community
Saturday 11:30 PM on NBC

OKAY, SO WHO'S LEFT? NEWS

... Funny guy Fred Armisen has confirmed that he is not returning to Saturday Night Live, ending speculation about his future with the show. According to Armisen, he left a while back but just didn't want to make a big deal out of it. He'll continue to put in more work on his IFC series Portlandia and seemed to indicate that he'll eventually do the typical SNL homecoming and host like all good former players do. [Splitsider]

BUSINESS TIME

... Zooey Deschanel: "Hey grrrrrrrrl! What'cha doin'?" Girl: "Watching New Girl reruns on Netflix, now stop singing at me!" Season 1 of the Fox comedy is now available on Netflix's streaming video service, in case you want to relive those early episodes where Winston didn't have much to do as opposed to those later episodes where Winston didn't have much to do.  [Variety]

... If watching a goofy girl in glasses play the ukelele isn't your thing, perhaps something a tad bit darker? HBO is posting one season of The Sopranos per month on its On Demand feed starting with Season 1 in July. Honor recently deceased star James Gandolfini by binge-watching until your eyes bleed. [HBO via press release]

... Lifetime's original movie Anna Nicole, a biopic of America's sweetheart Anna Nicole Smith, drew 3.3 million viewers on Saturday night. Showtime's debut of Ray Donovan set a network high for a series premiere, with 1.35 million viewers on Sunday night. Therefore, if we ignore the fact that Showtime is a pay cable network that most people don't have while Lifetime is all over the place, America likes Anna Nicole Smith more than some guy named Ray Donovan. I reviewed Ray Donovan for this lovely site. I didn't review Anna Nicole, but I can only assume it was amazing. [Lifetime via press release / Showtime via press release]

... ABC has ordered a fourth season of Extreme Weight Loss, a docu-drama that follows the systematic obliteration of fat cells in those with a larger carriage. Thirteen two-hour episodes have been requested. Season 3 is currently airing on Tuesday nights. I like to watch from underneath a fort made out of the night's Taco Bell wrappers. [ABC via press release]

... NBC won the big The Bible sequel sweepstakes. The network and producer Mark Burnett will team up on a follow-up of History Channel's enormously popular The Bible miniseries. A.D.: Beyond the Bible will catch us up on what's going on with Jesus after the events of the original series. I didn't see the final hour of The Bible but I can only assume Jesus is up to his ol' hijinks again! [NBC via press release]

... NBC is developing a new sketch-comedy series starring young fairly unknown talent that it hopes will go on to star in new series for the network. Gee, why haven't they thought of doing that before? [THR]

... Fox is reportedly interested in picking up the John Mulaney pilot that NBC rejected. Fox has asked for a script from hot comic, with the chance at a quick six-episode pickup if they like what they see. NBC's version of the comedy was a multi-camera series loosely based on Mulaney's life, starring Mulaney as the writer for a game show hosted by a character played by Martin Short. Presumably, a lot of that would stick around on Fox's version. [Deadline Hollywood]

CASTING NEWS

... Glee's Jayma Mays is replacing Mary Elizabeth Ellis in the upcoming CBS comedy The Millers (Mays will still be available to drop by Glee). Mays will play a character named Debbie, the sister of Will Arnett's character. The show's cast also includes Emmy-winner Margo Martindale, who farts for laughs. Just a suggestion: Drop the boring name The Millers in favor of Farts for Laughs. I'd watch a show called Farts for Laughs, but I will not watch a show called The Millers. I have no dignity. [TV Line]

... More Glee casting news: After demoting five cast members last week, the Fox musical comedy drama (comedramical) has promoted five others to regular status. Melissa Benoist (Marley), Jacob Artist (Jake), Becca Tobin (Kitty), and Glee Project participants Blake Jenner and Alex Newell will all get a lot more camera time next season. [THR]

... ABC Family's Switched at Birth has brought on Mallrats and Chasing Amy actress Joey Lauren Adams to help out with Season 2. Adams will play Nikki's mother in a pair of episodes scheduled for early August. [TV Line]

... Revolution has added Gossip Girl's Patrick Heusinger to its cast for a recurring role in Season 2. He'll play a guy named Adam who is described as a handsome 30-something. No word on whether or not his character punches Charlie in the face, but there's a good chance he will. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Ben Rappaport (Outsourced) is joining CBS's The Good Wife in a recurring role next season. The actor will play a four-year associate at Lockhart-Gardner. Now when you watch The Good Wife, you can impress your friends by saying, "Hey! It's that guy from Outsourced!" [Deadline Hollywood]

SUPER IMPORTANT TV NEWS

... The Big Bang Theory's Kaley Cuoco MIGHT be dating Man of Steel star Henry Cavill. Who's the huge nerd NOW, Kaley? [US Magazine]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/17/2014

Season 39 : Episode 22

30 Comments
Follow this Show
Members