Saturday Night Live

Daniel Radcliffe/Lana Del Rey

Aired Saturday 11:30 PM Jan 14, 2012 on NBC

• Not as terrible as I thought

After the sports centered show last week (which might have been fun for sports fans), I did not expect much from this week's installment. But Danial Radcliffe turned out to be a fun host and a good sport in the poorly written material he was left to deal with.

Mitt Romney opening: totally meh. Monologue was fun, making fun of the Harry Potter potential.

Ricky hosting .. I like Sudaki's RG impression .. but it is a bit overdone here.

Tagert Lady .. one of the many KW characters i totally loathe. But this was one of the less annoying sketches .. DR helped.

You can do anything. Not that funny .. rather sadly true. over self awareness and youtubism .. nice one, just not that funny.

Spin the bottle ... kinda funny, but not really.

Delaware Fellas .. yawn ..

Hogwarts 2020. probably the best sketch this evening .. but not that great

I do not review the musical guests, because i mainly have no clue who they are.

Weekend update .. also a tad weak this time. But i liked Kim Jong Un's friends. But not very likely we see them again. DR as Casey Anthoney's dog was pretty funny too and very well delivered.

X27B theater ... kinda fun .. but rather meh

Glenda Okones .. I cannot say much about that as I only watch US TV very selectively and have never seen any of the real ads .. KW is doing a fun impression (of something i have no comparison to) and doing it as a 3 part installment.. well .. meh

As much as I like Jay Pharaoh and his impressions .. giving him a whole sketch just to repeat them? Very lame ... that was probably the worst sketch of the night. But I still have to say that JP has those impressions down.

Questionaire .. KW with her usual schtick can really be annoying. DR played along very well.

Headz up. That was kinda fun. Makes me realize that Vanessa Bayer is one of my new favs.

• Daniel Radcliffe Hosts

Not a terrible show tonight, but there was nothing particularly memorable about any of the sketches. I suppose the Harry Potter 10 years later was mildly clever, and Kristen Wiig playing the conservative interviewer asking Daniel questions worked, but they just did not have any material here.

Did someone from the recent IAW Awards badmouth SNL because that's the only explanation I can think of for that sketch mocking internet personalities. And a talk show just so Jay Pharaoh can do his impressions?

Not bad by SNL standards, but still not that great.
VH1CL