Saturday Night Live

Emma Stone/Kings of Leon

Aired Saturday 11:30 PM Oct 23, 2010 on NBC

7.7
  • SNL is now just routine it's not even funny. The cast seems to just show up and expect the comedy to just happen. Armisen as Obama again? Really?! Everything that followed was not funny. Although Kings of Leon rocked.

SNL has fallen into a predictable rut. It happens every now and then where they make passable sketches that aren't really funny, but just fill 90 minutes of airtime. This episode was more filler, less funny. Although I like Emma Stone, she really was underutlized. From the opening sketch (Armisen as Obama again?!, esepcially when Jay Pharaoh is standing right BEHIND him!) to the end, I don't think I laughed once. Kristen's Extreme Home Makeover parody was a complete dud, a composite of Kristen's overused characters. Weekend Updated was not funny, Kenan was predictable as always. Didn't the real Jimmy McMillan speak in rap and rhyme? Was that too hard to parody? Although I find John Mullaney charming. Maybe he can replace Seth Myers at the anchor desk. That dude is past his prime.
    Digital Short was another miss. Seems Sandberg's approach is like cooking spaghetti, throw enough of it against the wall and something's bound to stick. This one didn't.
    The rest of the ep was completely unmemorable and not very entertaining.
COMEDY