Saturday Night Live

Emma Stone/Kings of Leon

Aired Saturday 11:30 PM Oct 23, 2010 on NBC

• They call it Trampolining...

Well, after a week off, we return with host Emma Stone and musical guest Kings of Leon. Hopefully the writers were rejuvenated in that one week break. Emma Stone seem's like a good actress, and I've read that she's really excited to host, so I am hoping it will be good. I'm also excited to see Kings of Leon back too.

Reid Rally: Seeing Paul Brittain as Harry Reid was interesting, and this was a decent enough cold opening. Doesn't beat the hilarious Gloria Alred opening, but, still.

Monologue: This was a good idea for a monologue. I loved all the ways they were trying to get her to kiss them, and seeing Taran and Bobby and Michael Cera and Jonah Hill, respectively, was hilarious.

Baby Spanx: This was a pretty funny commercial, since products are getting this ridiculous to have people become thin (not babies of course).

Dream Home Extreme: This character appeared about 3 years ago with Brian Williams as the host, but I don't mind seeing it back. Kristen knows how to play this crazy character very well.

Channel 9 News: This was a great depiction of how ridiculous local news is becoming with all these "investigations" and "follow-ups" of teen "problems" and "trends". The more and more ridiculous teen trends got more, and more hilarious. I loved Emma's facial expressions to the stupidity of the reports.

I Broke My Arm: This was a hilarious digital short. When Emma came out in the Stephen Hawking-like Wheel Chair, I laughed so hard. It was great.

The View: I enjoyed Emma's impression of Lindsay Lohan. The sketch was pretty well written, and was better than past View sketches.

Wrangler Open Fly Jeans: This was a great way to parody Brett Favre's recent misconduct with the NFL. It was a pretty funny commercial.

Musical Performance: Kings of Leon performs "Radioactive" which was a great performance by a good band.

Weekend Update: The jokes tonight were good, and Bill as Stefon was alright. Kenan as Jimmy McMillan was really good, and I laughed everytime he said "The Rent is too D*mn High!" It was nice to see John Mulaney's commentary back, also.

Paris Dancing: Much like the Anne Hathaway sketch back in 2008, this takes on a boy and a girl dancing to a very French song. I liked this sketch a lot just because of the silly nature of the sketch.

My Brother Knows Everything: This was a good parody featuring Nasim. Both she and Emma were great in this sketch as the annoying sisters. I loved the cut-away to Andy's previously recorded karate video.

Ed Vincent's Sex Symposium: This was such a raunchy commercial, that it was actually really funny. The motions they cut to him doing were really hilarious, and I thought this was a good way to feature Paul.

Musical Performance: Kings of Leon performs "Pryo"

Googie Rene's Partially Damaged Halloween Costumes: This was a weird choice for a return of a recurring character. This aired originally from the Anna Faris episode 2 years ago, and it was not too thrilling to see it again. But, it was okay, I guess.

The show tonight was a good return. Both the sketches were funny, and Kings of Leon were really good. Emma Stone was a really good host, and I hope to see her host again.

Next week: Jon Hamm returns to host his 3rd episode, and his 2nd Halloween episode, with musical guest Rihanna.