What Changes would you like to See:

-Jenny, Nasim, and Abby Upgraded and Bobby Fired

- Update Tighter with More Jokes and Less Characters

- Jenny Being a CoHost on Update

- Less Digital Shorts and More Commercials

- Less Gay Jokes

- More Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh Sketches

- Less, Un-Needed Cameos

1- I'm getting tired of Blackface / Men in Drag Sketches. I'm fine if Kenan does drag cause he's barely on the show anyway. If the Guy is dressed like a girl, you can only repeat the joke so many times.

2- OK I GET IT Everyone; I'm the only one in the World that would rather get run over by a train then see a Kristen Wiig- Best of. So what I'd like to see is see her get the first BIG 30-40 minutes (10:30-11:10ct) and then give the Remaining 50-60 minutes to give the Other Woman SCREEN time and Good Sketches so they can shine in their own right.

3- Sorry, Fred does not do Obama; He's had 24 chances to get it right and he's failed at least 18x. I Don't care if they get Darrell to do it; I Care about doing the Impression Justice. Is it just me or does he act / sound like he's being forced to do it recently (Jon Hamm 2 Episode, Zack G., Steve Martin 15); I'm just saying if he's tired of doing it and we're tired of seeing it, then Why not Change it?

4- Can we please stop the 1 Joke bits. This season has been full of it and personally I'm tired of them. ESPN to WUWT to Alec's Episode and more I've Probably Mentally Blocked out

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BaronOne

[2]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 15

Bobby FIRED?!? No.

I'd like to see the cast stay the same.

As for one-joke sketches, I'm sorry. You can't expect a 90-minute comedy show that does 22 episodes a year to not have at least some one-joke sketches.

Like it or not, Kristen will continue her dominance and I, for one, will continue to thoroughly enjoy one of the best female castmembers that has been on this show. Granted, a couple of her characters are pointless but she is still super-talented and is gonna be one of the bigger stars to come out of the show, methinks.

HelloStuart

[3]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 63
    Hey Justin, remember what I said about repeating yourself? You gotta keep that in check, pal.

Brendan makes a point; SNL has always had one-joke sketches. You can't expect perfection every night. Even the best episodes have at least one clunker sketch.

Pulch23

[4]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 7

I would like to see two or three new pesons join the cast. All male like they did for Ferrell's final season.

HelloStuart

[5]Jun 1, 2010
    Pulch23 wrote:

I would like to see two or three new persons join the cast. All male like they did for Ferrell's final season.

Amy Poehler is a dude?

Pulch23

[6]Jun 3, 2010
    Amy Pohlio was not new that season, she joined the year before.

HelloStuart

[7]Jun 3, 2010
    Pulch23 wrote:

Dude, I watched Year 27 when it first aired. Amy started the year as a featured player and was promoted to repertory after the Winter Olympics. 2001-02 was her first season.

Pulch23

[8]Jun 4, 2010
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Pulch23 wrote:

Dude, I watched Year 27 when it first aired. Amy started the year as a featured player and was promoted to repertory after the Winter Olympics. 2001-02 was her first season.

Sorry, Tina Fey Was The Person Who Joined That Season. I Should Have Never Question Your Greatest HelloStuart.

whoaitsconner

[9]Jun 4, 2010
    • level: 21
    All these suggestions are pretty ridiculous.

Bobby is definitely never going to be fired.

And, like everyone else said: One joke premises are going to be here forever. even in SNL's "Golden Days", there were one joke premises.

HelloStuart

[10]Jun 5, 2010
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    All these suggestions are pretty ridiculous.

Bobby is definitely never going to be fired.

And, like everyone else said: One joke premises are going to be here forever. even in SNL's "Golden Days", there were one joke premises.

And even so, just because a sketch is strung along on one joke doesn't mean it won't be funny. Look at the famed "Behind The Music" sketch with Gene Frenkle.

thecomedianky

[11]Jun 5, 2010
    • level: 19
    i read an interview with KW. She has, I think, two years remaining on her contract. I'm not sure who is leaving following this past season.

At one time, they auditioned Donald Glover for Obama but apparently, it didn't work out.

Kenan has been on since 2003. That makes seven seasons, I think. She should be leaving soon, one would think.

JustinRAn

[12]Jun 6, 2010
    • level: 12
    ^ They never Auditioned Donald Glover. He said so on His Facebook Page.

When I Mean "1 Joke Bits," I'm Talking about "What Up With That" and "ESPN Classics". Can someone Explain to me the Popularity of those Bits?

algetrig91

[13]Jun 6, 2010
    • level: 34
    What's Up With That seems to be done alot since everybody's in it. This cast has a lot of sketches where everybody's in them these past two years, because that's probably more fun than a sketch with one cast member and a host.

HelloStuart

[14]Jun 6, 2010
    algetrig91 wrote:
    What Up With That seems to be done alot since everybody's in it. This cast has a lot of sketches where everybody's in them these past two years, because that's probably more fun than a sketch with one cast member and a host.

I think they're just having fun in general. It's so silly, and the energy just radiates...

JustinRAn

[15]Jun 8, 2010
    ^ Fine, What about ESPN Classics?

JustinRAn

[16]Jun 26, 2010
    About 19 Days Later, Nobody can Explain why they keep Doing ESPN Classics.

HelloStuart

[17]Jun 27, 2010
    JustinRAn wrote:
    About 19 days later, nobody can explain why they keep doing ESPN Classic.

I'll say it again, Justin: if you judge SNL simply on recurring sketches and characters, you'd never enjoy the show. Even the exhalted original cast years had Emily Litella and The Widettes.

JustinRAn

[18]Jun 27, 2010
    OK? Why do they keep doing ESPN Then?

What is the Appeal of "Sex Jokes?"
    Didn't Martin Lawrence get Banned from Hosting for doing the Exact Same Thing, Which led to (From Wikipedia)--

"The monologue in the syndication reruns is edited to remove Lawrence's comments about the decline in feminine hygiene, and is replaced with a graphic explaining the comments and how it almost cost everyone at SNL their jobs. Martin Lawrence was consequently banned from appearing on the show again"

Hennes81

[19]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 5

My best guess would be: This was 1993 and not 2010. Maybe there are things which couldn't be done in that time and nowadays noone is freaked out about it.

Of course I'm not an insider of the american culture but whats the big deal about it? Of course we can argue about those skits skits being funny or not (the audience's reaction was always good) but to think some children might be disturbed after watching a ESPN skit is just not realistic. And as long as they avoid using the "bad" words there shouldn't be too much problems.

Personally I liked it the first installment but the repetition of it didn't help very much (just look at "Whats up with that").

HelloStuart

[20]Jun 29, 2010
    Hennes81 wrote:

My best guess would be: This was 1993 and not 2010. Maybe there are things which couldn't be done in that time and nowadays no one is freaked out about it.

Actually, that's exactly way. Comparing standards and practices from the early '90s to now is like apples and oranges. In some ways it's stricter, and in other ways it has loosened up. (Keep in mind that there used to be a time when "The Simpsons" was a highly controversial TV series.)