Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Do not post info from Wikipedia or Twitter!!!

whoaitsconner

[81]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 21
    For SNL standards, IMBd isn't that reliable neither. But then again, they don't start host/musical guest rumors.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[82]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 63
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    For SNL standards, IMBd isn't that reliable neither. But then again, they don't start host/musical guest rumors.

The IMDb episode guides are relatively new. If you want a complete SNL guide, your best shot is here, then Saturday Net, SNL Archives, or SNL Transcripts.

algetrig91

[83]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 34
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

The IMDb episode guides are relatively new. If you want a complete SNL guide, your best shot is here, then Saturday Net, SNL Archives, or SNL Transcripts.

SNL Archives and SNL Transcripts would be a great guide if they combined. Though they're both a little thin in the Ebersol years, the two sites are great for information.

HelloStuart

[84]Mar 29, 2008
    algetrig91 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

SNL Archives and SNL Transcripts would be a great guide if they combined. Though they're both a little thin in the Ebersol years, the two sites are great for information.

Well, everything was a little thin in the Ebersol years...

whoaitsconner

[85]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 21

HelloStuart wrote:
    algetrig91 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

When Lorne leaves this time around, do you think the show can still keep? I mean, the difference between this time and last time is back in the 70s he was doing everything himself as far as producing. This time around, he has Marci and Steve who have probably learned the ropes by now.

Edited on 03/29/2008 9:28am

HelloStuart

[86]Mar 29, 2008
    whoaitsconner wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    algetrig91 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

When Lorne leaves this time around, do you think the show can still keep? I mean, the difference between this time and last time is back in the 70s he was doing everything himself as far as producing. This time around, he has Marci and Steve who have probably learned the ropes by now.

"Probably learned?" Oh no, they're quite seasoned, Conner. It is hard to imagine SNL with Lorne, but that time will come eventually and I'm sure the show will be in safe hands.

cleospal9

[87]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 13
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    algetrig91 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

"Probably learned?" Oh no, they're quite seasoned, Conner. It is hard to imagine SNL with Lorne, but that time will come eventually and I'm sure the show will be in safe hands.

Yep, that young punk will ruin everything when he finally gets his hands on the show.

mp34mp

[88]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 16
    cleospal9 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    algetrig91 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

Yep, that young punk will ruin everything when he finally gets his hands on the show.

Actually I think Lorne has gone senile and has lost his touch over the years.

HelloStuart

[89]Mar 29, 2008
    mp34mp wrote:
    cleospal9 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    algetrig91 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

Actually I think Lorne has gone senile and has lost his touch over the years.

I wouldn't say it's all his fault, though. Lorne hasn't really been all that hands-on since the late 70s. For much of the late 80s and early 90s, Jim Downey ran the rehearsals but Lorne had the final say on sketches.

bry456

[90]Mar 31, 2008
    • level: 19
    HelloStuart wrote:

I wouldn't say it's all his fault, though. Lorne hasn't really been all that hands-on since the late 70s. For much of the late 80s and early 90s, Jim Downey ran the rehearsals but Lorne had the final say on sketches.

So Steve and Marci (ironic 'Married with Children' reference) run the rehearsals now?

HelloStuart

[91]Mar 31, 2008
    bry456 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:

So Steve and Marci (ironic 'Married with Children' reference) run the rehearsals now?

Steve does; Marci's more involved with casting and booking guests.

freeursoul28

[93]Jun 29, 2009
    • level: 1
    I concur

bry456

[94]Dec 12, 2009

I would like to add Twitter to the list of NON-credible sources.

The following are considered proven credible sources: nbcumv.com, nbc.com, snljamie, ew.com

Edited on 12/12/2009 7:38am
    Edited 2 total times.

HelloStuart

[95]Dec 12, 2009
    bry456 wrote:

The following are considered proven credible sources: nbcumv.com, nbc.com, snljamie, ew.com

I second. Anyone else care to comment?

thecomedianky

[96]Dec 12, 2009
    HelloStuart wrote:
    bry456 wrote:

i third. is there a call for acclamation.

TheDiamondDog

[97]Dec 14, 2009
    • level: 61
    thecomedianky wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    bry456 wrote:

Unless it comes from a star's official twitter account, I say twitter can't be trusted for SNL facts.

Hennes81

[98]Dec 15, 2009
    • level: 5
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    thecomedianky wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    bry456 wrote:

Unless it comes from a star's official twitter account, I say twitter can't be trusted for SNL facts.

Maybe we could start a thread for future hosts in which those rumors can be posted. The official EDTs can still be started after some names were confirmed by a trusted source.

HelloStuart

[99]Dec 15, 2009
    Hennes81 wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    thecomedianky wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    bry456 wrote:

Maybe we could start a thread for future hosts in which those rumors can be posted. The official EDTs can still be started after some names were confirmed by a trusted source.

I think our current system is a lot less confusing.

Hennes81

[100]Oct 17, 2013
    • level: 5

TheDiamondDog wrote:
    bry456 wrote:

Since SNL is posting some information on Twitter first (like they did yesterday) shouldn't it be logical to allow official Twitter channels (like @nbcsnl)?

I'm just asking because the rule of "no twitter" (in general) makes no sense to me, when new information are published there initially.