Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Episode Discussion Thread: Anna Kendrick/Pharrell (4/5/14)

Royce7815

[1]Mar 19, 2014
    • level: 3

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/03/19/louis-ck-anna-kendrick-seth-rogen-to-host-saturday-night-live/6617269/

I'm pretty "Happy" with this, ha ha ha

Edited on 03/19/2014 6:12pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JustinRAn

[2]Mar 19, 2014
    • level: 12
    About time.

HelloStuart

[3]Mar 19, 2014
    • level: 63
    It's not clear what Anna is promoting, but I'm happy to see her host.

Also, it took ten years to bring back Pharrell?!

JM5000

[4]Mar 19, 2014
    • level: 7

HelloStuart wrote:
    It's not clear what Anna is promoting, but I'm happy to see her host. Also, it took ten years to bring back Pharrell?!

Took him ten years to break back out into the limelight...He's pretty much the only good thing to come out of pop music in the last year...

HelloStuart

[5]Mar 19, 2014
    JM5000 wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    It's not clear what Anna is promoting, but I'm happy to see her host. Also, it took ten years to bring back Pharrell?!

Took him ten years to break back out into the limelight...He's pretty much the only good thing to come out of pop music in the last year...

True that. Plus, he guest starred on two #1 hits, and "Happy" is on the verge of #1 in its own right.

JM5000

[6]Mar 19, 2014

HelloStuart wrote:
    JM5000 wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:

True that. Plus, he guest starred on two #1 hits, and "Happy" is on the verge of #1 in its own right.

"Happy" is already #1 on the Billboard chart...I actually find it easy to forget that he had anything to do with "Blurred Lines", but I do know that its runner-up for several weeks, that awesome Daft Punk single, deserved much better than it got...But oh well, DP had the last laugh when they took home all the big awards...Of course, Pharrell was a major contributor to Get Lucky's awesomeness...In this past year, he has really grown on me as an artist...

avmon

[7]Mar 20, 2014
    • level: 16

JM5000 wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    JM5000 wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:

"Happy" is already #1 on the Billboard chart...I actually find it easy to forget that he had anything to do with "Blurred Lines", but I do know that its runner-up for several weeks, that awesome Daft Punk single, deserved much better than it got...But oh well, DP had the last laugh when they took home all the big awards...Of course, Pharrell was a major contributor to Get Lucky's awesomeness...In this past year, he has really grown on me as an artist...

While I like the song, what was really awesome about "Get Lucky" was Stephen Colbert's dancing to the entire recording of it all over the stage and various TV shows because he couldn't get Daft Punk on his show. Ah, the creative mind when a glitch comes...

Edited on 03/20/2014 8:12am

JM5000

[8]Mar 20, 2014

avmon wrote:

JM5000 wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    JM5000 wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:

While I like the song, what was really awesome about "Get Lucky" was Stephen Colbert's dancing to the entire recording of it all over the stage and various TV shows because he couldn't get Daft Punk on his show. Ah, the creative mind when a glitch comes...

Funny guy...It would be awesome if he could host, but I dunno...

JustinRAn

[9]Mar 21, 2014
    • level: 12
    Sounds like a great time to pull Aidy's Rebel Wilson back out.

HelloStuart

[10]Apr 3, 2014

Tuesday promo time!

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/snl-promo-anna-kendrick/2769498

JM5000

[11]Apr 5, 2014

Episode Predictions:

Monologue: A performance of "The Cup Song" sounds reasonable enough...Maybe Pharrell can perform it with her...

First Musical Performance: After last week, I can never be too sure...But still, #1 on the Billboard charts for several weeks, still #1 today, everyone's rocking out to it...If he doesn't perform "Happy" first, chances are there will be a sh**storm.

Second Musical Performance: It could be "Marilyn Monroe", it could be "Come Get it Bae", it could even be an unplugged version of "Get Lucky"...Of course, it could just be another random track from his album, but I figured Pharrell is better than that...Only time will tell...

Needless to say, I don't have much to predict this week...I still can't remember any exciting stories that happened over the week, and the host isn't someone I find much easy material with...Not to say I won't give her a chance though...

danharr

[12]Apr 5, 2014
    • level: 45

Gm testimony was somewhat humorous I laughed a few times. Another singing monologue intro what a surprise...

Royce7815

[13]Apr 5, 2014
    danharr wrote:

Gm testimony was somewhat humorous I laughed a few times. Another singing monologue intro what a surprise...

maybe Lorne should look into an SNL broadway musical based on its history I'd go see that.

danharr

[14]Apr 5, 2014

Fox and Friends was fun. Dongs not funny sounded better in a writers head than in real life.

danharr

[15]Apr 5, 2014

Little Mermaid was funny and Anna Kendrick's boobs helped greatly... Couple that couldn't make the love connection was so uncomfortable it was funny.

Royce7815

[16]Apr 5, 2014

Okay our first little banter between Colin and Cecily alright were getting there. lol

danharr

[17]Apr 5, 2014

Wtf they brought back the French tv show of crazy spontaneous dancing. Well it warranted a few insane chuckles from me.

danharr

[18]Apr 5, 2014

Maybe it's the Jim Beam Black but I was happy to see Booker T Washington high school back. Especially Jay Pharaohs exasperated principal I say attention teachers and students in his voice when I need a laugh.

danharr

[19]Apr 5, 2014

Big Joe who couldn't lift a rock was our throwaway sketch of the night but it was so nuts I had to laugh.

danharr

[20]Apr 5, 2014

Okay the Pharrell audition sucked monkey taint... March madness white guys was fun in that a-typical stereotypical way.