Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Episode Discussion Thread: Anne Hathaway/Rihanna (11/10/12)

JustinRAn

[1]Oct 31, 2012
    • level: 12

Catwoman strikes back!

Edited on 11/02/2012 6:41am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JustinRAn

[2]Oct 31, 2012
    Sorry, Forgot the Link
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/10/31/saturday-night-live-sweeps-into-november-starting-november-3-with-host-louis-ck-and-musical-guest-fun/155526/

6 Degrees Of SNL:

She was in Valentines Day with Jessica Biel who was in New Years Eve with Seth Meyers.

Royce7815

[4]Oct 31, 2012
    • level: 4

I'm surprised they asked rihanna back

JustinRAn

[5]Oct 31, 2012
    Anyone wanna place Bets on Shy Ronnie 4?

Royce7815

[6]Oct 31, 2012

I don't know, because they didn't do it last time and wouldn't it be 3 though?

danharr

[8]Oct 31, 2012
    • level: 45

So every time certain people release an album they are back on the show total suck.

Hennes81

[9]Nov 1, 2012
    • level: 6

She is known and popular worldwide; she is dropping a new album every year and she is willing to participate in comedy segments. Sounds like a simple formula to be asked back again and again.

Edited on 11/02/2012 3:55pm
    Edited 2 total times.

HelloStuart

[10]Nov 2, 2012
    • level: 63
    Also, it should be noted that Rihanna is the first musical guest in SNL history to appear four seasons in a row.

Hey, at least Anne is back.

JM5000

[11]Nov 2, 2012
    • level: 8

HelloStuart wrote:
    Also, it should be noted that Rihanna is the first musical guest in SNL history to appear four seasons in a row. Hey, at least Anne is back.

Yeah, that's good...But I was kinda hoping they would have saved Hathaway for the Christmas episode, because I think it would have done her better justice. (She's up there with Jon Hamm as one of SNL's more recent breakout hosts, she was in Dark Knight Rises and she's gonna be in Les Miserables, which comes out on Christmas...) I really wish this show didn't always have to hype popularity over culture (I'm still waiting for Bieber's inevitable show).

And I'm sorry, but enough with Rihanna already! I mean, I don't hate her...She's an okay singer, her songs can be catchy, her performances can be fun...But is she really so great that she should be brought back for every single album she releases!? If that's the case, then she's gonna be on every season for the next decade or so...Same goes for Maroon 5; Just because they have a highly praised album doesn't mean they HAVE to be back on the show for the second season in a row, especially since their last performance was a bit of a mixed bag...I have my fingers crossed for no Kanye (but that sounds like a long shot since each of his appearances get more elaborate than the last and there aren't many other rappers the producers would really want these days...)

Woodstein

[12]Nov 2, 2012
    • level: 14
    There are lots of musical acts who seem to show up every time they have a new project (Foo Fighters, Beck, Paul Simon, and so on), but they haven't released albums in rapid succession like this. Rihanna was decent during her first two appearances, but her performance back in May just might have been the worst of that season.

Anne's first two episodes as host were among the best of their respective seasons as far as I am concerned, so I'm glad she's coming back. However, I wonder if the show will be in some post-election malaise that lasts for the next few months like it seemed like they were after the 2008 race.

JM5000

[13]Nov 2, 2012

Woodstein wrote:
    Rihanna was decent during her first two appearances, but her performance back in May just might have been the worst of that season.

Lana Del Rey? Sleigh Bells? One Direction? But yeah, it was pretty irresponsible of her not to show up for dress rehearsals, so that should be reason enough to ignore her for at least a little while...

HelloStuart

[14]Nov 2, 2012
    • level: 63
    JM5000 wrote:

Woodstein wrote:
    Rihanna was decent during her first two appearances, but her performance back in May just might have been the worst of that season.

Lana Del Rey? Sleigh Bells? One Direction? But yeah, it was pretty irresponsible of her not to show up for dress rehearsals, so that should be reason enough to ignore her for at least a little while...

If we're talking weak/forgettable musical performances in Year 37, I'd sub out Sleigh Bells in that post for Karmin.

JM5000

[15]Nov 3, 2012

HelloStuart wrote:
    JM5000 wrote:

Woodstein wrote:

If we're talking weak/forgettable musical performances in Year 37, I'd sub out Sleigh Bells in that post for Karmin.

Sleigh Bells was WAY worse than Karmin...At least Karmin had some decent rapping and dance choreography (not that they were that good, but still...)

Ruckhappy

[16]Nov 3, 2012
    • level: 9

I can't believe they brought back Rihanna after she blew off performing at dress the last time. That's supposed to be an utter SNL no-no.

There have been rumors going around that she's OD'd a couple of times in the past few months but it's been hushed up. There was also a rumor that the reasons she flaked at dress last time was because she was strung out.

TheDiamondDog

[18]Nov 3, 2012
    • level: 61

There are 3 Rihanna songs I like, and I only got into them this year. And they are all from like 2010 and before. Disturbia, Hard, and Rude Boy. Her songs aren't very good. And she seems to be getting more desperate for attention. We'll see...

Hopefully Anne is good.

BuuYaa

[19]Nov 7, 2012
    • level: 2

Wow Rihanna again? Wasn't she in Eli Manning's recent episode earlier this year???

Hopefully she does another "Clyde and Shy Ronnie" again.

But maybe not though cause Andy already left. Last time Andy was still in and they didn't make one.

Anyway looking forward for next week ... but way more for the next two weeks as Jeremy Renner makes his debut host..

why just now they invite Renner? he's awesome...

Royce7815

[20]Nov 8, 2012

I'm betting the first song will be Diamonds but i really don't know about the second.

avmon

[21]Nov 10, 2012
    • level: 16
    Can't wait for the Cold Open...

thecomedianky

[22]Nov 10, 2012
    • level: 19
    Mitt and Ann. Suds' last time as Romney?

avmon

[23]Nov 10, 2012
    • level: 16
    Mitt drinking milk like alcohol, hilarious!