Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Episode Discussion Thread: Bryan Cranston/Kanye West (10/2/10)

radrobd

[61]Oct 3, 2010
    • level: 54
    Woodstein wrote:
    pillowpc2001 wrote:
    JustinRAn wrote:
    The Miley Cyrus Show
    - I Liked it and Thought Vanessa did a Good Miley Cyrus but Since Bryan played Billy Ray, Will It Return?

I was wondering the same thing... It was a good sketch, and Bryan was good as Billy Ray, but I wonder what they'll do if it becomes recurring (which IMO, it should)...

It was one of the highlights of the show for me, but I think once was enough. I wouldn't want to see them do it six more times, culminating in a walk-on cameo from the actual Miley Cyrus.

I think they could do it again. As much as like Cranston, his impersonation of Billy Ray wasn't exactly spot on. Any white male castmember or guest star in their 30s or 40s could easily fill in for him if the sketch is recurring.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JustinRAn

[62]Oct 3, 2010
    • level: 12
    I Kinda want it to be the next "Dakota Fanning Show"

brain05

[63]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 15
    Not even a Breaking Bad parody?

Lame.

Wasted opportunity and wasted host.

thecomedianky

[64]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 19
    Woodstein wrote:
    pillowpc2001 wrote:
    JustinRAn wrote:
    The Miley Cyrus Show
    - I Liked it and Thought Vanessa did a Good Miley Cyrus but Since Bryan played Billy Ray, Will It Return?

I was wondering the same thing... It was a good sketch, and Bryan was good as Billy Ray, but I wonder what they'll do if it becomes recurring (which IMO, it should)...

It was one of the highlights of the show for me, but I think once was enough. I wouldn't want to see them do it six more times, culminating in a walk-on cameo from the actual Miley Cyrus.
    It will likely be a recurring sketch.

mrjimmyjames

[65]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 7

I think it will become recurring, at least I hope. Vanessa was very good in it and Billy Ray seems like he could be played by almost anyone.

I really enjoyed Cranston as host; I can't believe he hasn't ever hosted before because he seemed like such a natural.

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anyone on this thread mention the fact that Fred is still playing Obama. I couldn't believe it! Honestly, his impression is terrible and they just hired Jay Pharoah who has a great impression of Obama. However Andy's impression of Obama's slimeball chief of staff was terriffic and I hate that we'll probably never see it anymore because he doesn't work at the white house anymore.

Chipslinger

[66]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 12

I wrote a review of this episode but it was posted twice. I asked in the tech forum about how to delete a review, but they said that a user can't delete reviews. I have to ask the moderator. Are you the moderator? Who is the moderator? How do I find out who the moderator is and send them a message? If the moderator sees this message, he would see that there are two reviews of this episode, and they are exactly the same. Please delete one. If there are votes, then delete the one without any votes.

Thanks

Chip Slinger

HelloStuart

[67]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 63
    Chipslinger wrote:

I wrote a review of this episode but it was posted twice. I asked in the tech forum about how to delete a review, but they said that a user can't delete reviews. I have to ask the moderator. Are you the moderator? Who is the moderator? How do I find out who the moderator is and send them a message? If the moderator sees this message, he would see that there are two reviews of this episode, and they are exactly the same. Please delete one. If there are votes, then delete the one without any votes.

Thanks

Chip Slinger

I'll look into it.