Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Episode Discussion Thread: Daniel Radcliffe/Lana Del Rey (1/14/12)

JustinRAn

[1]Dec 19, 2011
    • level: 12

Proof!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/12/19/saturday-night-live-sets-january-2012-dates-for-charles-barkley-kelly-clarkson-daniel-radcliffe-lana-del-rey/114134/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

Any bets on a Harry Potter spoof?

PS, I would post the Wikipedia entry for Lana De Rey but that's not allowed.

Edited on 12/19/2011 3:18pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TheDiamondDog

[2]Dec 19, 2011
    • level: 61

Promoting The Woman In Black I'm sure. A film I am greatly looking forward to seeing.

HelloStuart

[4]Dec 19, 2011
    • level: 63
    rishabhpb wrote:
    Finally, someone from Harry Potter hosts, and after the series is over. Very strange, since there are some acting legends spread out over all the movies.

I think the lack of Potter-related hosts could be attributed to the fact that hardly any of the actors live in the states.

Memo to Justin: don't forget the date in the EDT title.

drudager

[6]Dec 20, 2011
    • level: 13
    HelloStuart wrote:
    rishabhpb wrote:
    Finally, someone from Harry Potter hosts, and after the series is over. Very strange, since there are some acting legends spread out over all the movies.

I think the lack of Potter-related hosts could be attributed to the fact that hardly any of the actors live in the states.

Or some of us don't give a witch's teet or a broom flying rat's ass about the Harry Potter franchise in general. Male witches & witchcraft? Seriously? Somebody explain the appeal.

BaronOne

[7]Dec 20, 2011
    • level: 15

rishabhpb wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    rishabhpb wrote:
    Emma did though, for university. And Gary Oldman's also in the Dark Knight trilogy! Has he ever hosted?

Gary will probably never host. He was going to in Year 18 but his friend Malcolm McDowell warned him against it after his own disastrous experience in 1980. Gary was then replaced with Tom Arnold.

thecomedianky

[9]Dec 20, 2011
    • level: 19
    rishabhpb wrote:
    drudager wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    rishabhpb wrote:

Or some of us don't give a witch's teet or a broom flying rat's ass about the Harry Potter franchise in general. Male witches & witchcraft? Seriously? Somebody explain the appeal.

There's no way to describe to a non-fan how well-written the books are. The only thing I CAN say, is take a look for yourself... but you probably won't.
    it's one of those, like Twilight, that either you are a fan or not a fan. I myself could care less about the series. Bring on The Hunger Games.

drudager

[10]Dec 20, 2011
    rishabhpb wrote:

There's no way to describe to a non-fan how well-written the books are. The only thing I CAN say, is take a look for yourself... but you probably won't.

That's true, I won't. I'd rather read about sports, sports history & business, culinary, home repair, (I'd throw in "war" to sound like a cliche but I really don't care about that stuff), etc. Honestly, HP sounds more like a kids thing.

HelloStuart

[12]Dec 20, 2011
    From Stephen King:

"Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend."

avmon

[13]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 16
    drudager wrote:
    rishabhpb wrote:

That's true, I won't. I'd rather read about sports, sports history & business, culinary, home repair, (I'd throw in "war" to sound like a cliche but I really don't care about that stuff), etc. Honestly, HP sounds more like a kids thing.
    My reading is usually limited to the entertainment sites (like this one) and oscasionally the bios of classic comics like Stan Laurel or Lou Costello.

drudager

[14]Dec 21, 2011
    avmon wrote:
    drudager wrote:
    rishabhpb wrote:

My reading is usually limited to the entertainment sites (like this one) and oscasionally the bios of classic comics like Stan Laurel or Lou Costello.

Well, that's still better than Sudoku Man, numbers in squares... you got a 1 in 9 shot of getting it right!

HelloStuart

[15]Dec 22, 2011
    drudager wrote:
    avmon wrote:
    drudager wrote:
    rishabhpb wrote:

Well, that's still better than Sudoku Man, numbers in squares... you got a 1 in 9 shot of getting it right!

It's merely number manipulation, and I do enjoy the Chicago Red Eye's daily puzzle as a timekiller, but... you do make a valid point.

stellarchick86

[16]Dec 26, 2011
    • level: 32
    Ive never seen one HP movie or read one HP book but I am all for new hosts so...bring it on, Radcliffe!!

Ruckhappy

[17]Dec 27, 2011
    • level: 9
    FWIW, Radcliffe's latest gig and nominal reason to be hosting will be his successful Broadway run in How To Succeed....

TheDiamondDog

[18]Dec 28, 2011
    • level: 61

Ruckhappy wrote:
    FWIW, Radcliffe's latest gig and nominal reason to be hosting will be his successful Broadway run in How To Succeed....

The Woman In Black comes out in the beginning of February.

HelloStuart

[19]Jan 5, 2012

Apparently, Lana Del Rey is a fake (sort of): http://bworldonline.com/content.php?section=Weekender&title=Lana-Del-Rey,-music-buzz-of-%e2%80%9811----but-is-she-%e2%80%98real%e2%80%99?&id=44167

JustinRAn

[20]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 12
    it's one of those, like Twilight, that either you are a fan or not a fan.

How dare you compare Harry Potter to Twlight. Harry Potter at least has stuff going on, Unlike the Twilight Stare-A-Thon.

Another connection. He was in the 2009 MTV Movie Awards with Host Andy Samberg.

HelloStuart

[21]Jan 14, 2012

I predict Lizzie Grant --er, I mean Lana Del Rey-- will perform "Video Games" and "Born to Die."

thecomedianky

[23]Jan 14, 2012
    A Mitt Romney sketch to start off the night.

thecomedianky

[25]Jan 14, 2012
    I was wondering when Target Lady would return.

danharr

[26]Jan 14, 2012
    • level: 45

So far not so bad Radcliffe is doing well with the just okay skits. Standout so far being the short bum love lol.