Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Episode Discussion Thread: Daniel Radcliffe/Lana Del Rey (1/14/12)

  • Avatar of JustinRAn

    JustinRAn

    [1]Dec 19, 2011
    • member since: 12/30/09
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,262

    Proof!


    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/12/19/saturday-night-live-sets-january-2012-dates-for-charles-barkley-kelly-clarkson-daniel-radcliffe-lana-del-rey/114134/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29



    Any bets on a Harry Potter spoof?


    PS, I would post the Wikipedia entry for Lana De Rey but that's not allowed.

    Edited on 12/19/2011 3:18pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheDiamondDog

    TheDiamondDog

    [2]Dec 19, 2011
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 19,860

    Promoting The Woman In Black I'm sure. A film I am greatly looking forward to seeing.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [4]Dec 19, 2011
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,110
    rishabhpb wrote:
    Finally, someone from Harry Potter hosts, and after the series is over. Very strange, since there are some acting legends spread out over all the movies.


    I think the lack of Potter-related hosts could be attributed to the fact that hardly any of the actors live in the states.

    Memo to Justin: don't forget the date in the EDT title.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of drudager

    drudager

    [6]Dec 20, 2011
    • member since: 07/07/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,282
    HelloStuart wrote:
    rishabhpb wrote:
    Finally, someone from Harry Potter hosts, and after the series is over. Very strange, since there are some acting legends spread out over all the movies.


    I think the lack of Potter-related hosts could be attributed to the fact that hardly any of the actors live in the states.



    Or some of us don't give a witch's teet or a broom flying rat's ass about the Harry Potter franchise in general. Male witches & witchcraft? Seriously? Somebody explain the appeal.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BaronOne

    BaronOne

    [7]Dec 20, 2011
    • member since: 01/02/08
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 818

    rishabhpb wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    rishabhpb wrote:
    Finally, someone from Harry Potter hosts, and after the series is over. Very strange, since there are some acting legends spread out over all the movies.
    I think the lack of Potter-related hosts could be attributed to the fact that hardly any of the actors live in the states.
    Emma did though, for university. And Gary Oldman's also in the Dark Knight trilogy! Has he ever hosted?


    Gary will probably never host. He was going to in Year 18 but his friend Malcolm McDowell warned him against it after his own disastrous experience in 1980. Gary was then replaced with Tom Arnold.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thecomedianky

    thecomedianky

    [9]Dec 20, 2011
    • member since: 10/09/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,125
    rishabhpb wrote:
    drudager wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    rishabhpb wrote:
    Finally, someone from Harry Potter hosts, and after the series is over. Very strange, since there are some acting legends spread out over all the movies.


    I think the lack of Potter-related hosts could be attributed to the fact that hardly any of the actors live in the states.



    Or some of us don't give a witch's teet or a broom flying rat's ass about the Harry Potter franchise in general. Male witches & witchcraft? Seriously? Somebody explain the appeal.


    There's no way to describe to a non-fan how well-written the books are. The only thing I CAN say, is take a look for yourself... but you probably won't.
    it's one of those, like Twilight, that either you are a fan or not a fan. I myself could care less about the series. Bring on The Hunger Games.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of drudager

    drudager

    [10]Dec 20, 2011
    • member since: 07/07/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,282
    rishabhpb wrote:


    There's no way to describe to a non-fan how well-written the books are. The only thing I CAN say, is take a look for yourself... but you probably won't.


    That's true, I won't. I'd rather read about sports, sports history & business, culinary, home repair, (I'd throw in "war" to sound like a cliche but I really don't care about that stuff), etc. Honestly, HP sounds more like a kids thing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [12]Dec 20, 2011
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,110
    From Stephen King:

    "Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of avmon

    avmon

    [13]Dec 21, 2011
    • member since: 09/07/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,632
    drudager wrote:
    rishabhpb wrote:


    There's no way to describe to a non-fan how well-written the books are. The only thing I CAN say, is take a look for yourself... but you probably won't.


    That's true, I won't. I'd rather read about sports, sports history & business, culinary, home repair, (I'd throw in "war" to sound like a cliche but I really don't care about that stuff), etc. Honestly, HP sounds more like a kids thing.
    My reading is usually limited to the entertainment sites (like this one) and oscasionally the bios of classic comics like Stan Laurel or Lou Costello.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of drudager

    drudager

    [14]Dec 21, 2011
    • member since: 07/07/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,282
    avmon wrote:
    drudager wrote:
    rishabhpb wrote:


    There's no way to describe to a non-fan how well-written the books are. The only thing I CAN say, is take a look for yourself... but you probably won't.


    That's true, I won't. I'd rather read about sports, sports history & business, culinary, home repair, (I'd throw in "war" to sound like a cliche but I really don't care about that stuff), etc. Honestly, HP sounds more like a kids thing.
    My reading is usually limited to the entertainment sites (like this one) and oscasionally the bios of classic comics like Stan Laurel or Lou Costello.


    Well, that's still better than Sudoku Man, numbers in squares... you got a 1 in 9 shot of getting it right!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [15]Dec 22, 2011
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,110
    drudager wrote:
    avmon wrote:
    drudager wrote:
    rishabhpb wrote:


    There's no way to describe to a non-fan how well-written the books are. The only thing I CAN say, is take a look for yourself... but you probably won't.


    That's true, I won't. I'd rather read about sports, sports history & business, culinary, home repair, (I'd throw in "war" to sound like a cliche but I really don't care about that stuff), etc. Honestly, HP sounds more like a kids thing.
    My reading is usually limited to the entertainment sites (like this one) and oscasionally the bios of classic comics like Stan Laurel or Lou Costello.


    Well, that's still better than Sudoku Man, numbers in squares... you got a 1 in 9 shot of getting it right!

    It's merely number manipulation, and I do enjoy the Chicago Red Eye's daily puzzle as a timekiller, but... you do make a valid point.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [16]Dec 26, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Ive never seen one HP movie or read one HP book but I am all for new hosts so...bring it on, Radcliffe!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ruckhappy

    Ruckhappy

    [17]Dec 27, 2011
    • member since: 08/03/11
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 724
    FWIW, Radcliffe's latest gig and nominal reason to be hosting will be his successful Broadway run in How To Succeed....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheDiamondDog

    TheDiamondDog

    [18]Dec 28, 2011
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 19,860

    Ruckhappy wrote:
    FWIW, Radcliffe's latest gig and nominal reason to be hosting will be his successful Broadway run in How To Succeed....


    The Woman In Black comes out in the beginning of February.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [19]Jan 5, 2012
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,110

    Apparently, Lana Del Rey is a fake (sort of): http://bworldonline.com/content.php?section=Weekender&title=Lana-Del-Rey,-music-buzz-of-%e2%80%9811----but-is-she-%e2%80%98real%e2%80%99?&id=44167

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JustinRAn

    JustinRAn

    [20]Jan 12, 2012
    • member since: 12/30/09
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,262
    it's one of those, like Twilight, that either you are a fan or not a fan.

    How dare you compare Harry Potter to Twlight. Harry Potter at least has stuff going on, Unlike the Twilight Stare-A-Thon.

    Another connection. He was in the 2009 MTV Movie Awards with Host Andy Samberg.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [21]Jan 14, 2012
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,110

    I predict Lizzie Grant --er, I mean Lana Del Rey-- will perform "Video Games" and "Born to Die."

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thecomedianky

    thecomedianky

    [23]Jan 14, 2012
    • member since: 10/09/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,125
    A Mitt Romney sketch to start off the night.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thecomedianky

    thecomedianky

    [25]Jan 14, 2012
    • member since: 10/09/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,125
    I was wondering when Target Lady would return.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of danharr

    danharr

    [26]Jan 14, 2012
    • member since: 04/30/05
    • level: 45
    • rank: Swizzle-Bird
    • posts: 10,938

    So far not so bad Radcliffe is doing well with the just okay skits. Standout so far being the short bum love lol.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.