Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Episode Discussion Thread: Jennifer Lawrence/The Lumineers (1/19/13)

83optics

[49]Jan 20, 2013
    • level: 6

learned:

* gone for so long...tv.com is dead...again.

* The Lumineers: you know that song that is good in a vacuum but it gets overplayed to death by every last damn commercial?...

* I suppose I give them props for imagination-expansion with the Top Dog Chef. Science Diet is a helluva drug.

* I can't tell ya how at home I felt with the lateness of the hour and that Danielle French '70s soft-core...

* best joke of the night: Depp ceiling. best overall thing of the night: when the dude from the band flipped his hat from his foot to his head

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JustinRAn

[50]Jan 20, 2013
    • level: 12
    Ruckhappy wrote:

I'd hate to think they cut a sketch featuring Kate in order to run that B-108 sketch. Or they could have written her into the diner sketch. They seemed to want to put Lawrence in every sketch, as if they wanted to give her a chance to establish herself as another Emma Stone-type host. The host doesn't have to be in every sketch, and, historically, has not been as much as they've been doing it recently. I'd rather they'd stretched Update so that Kate could do another crazy impression bit than have that rather average B-108 sketch.

I would've loved to see her reprise her Anne Romney. I loved that impression.

jcav422

[51]Jan 20, 2013
    • level: 2
    JustinRAn wrote:
    Ruckhappy wrote:

I'd hate to think they cut a sketch featuring Kate in order to run that B-108 sketch. Or they could have written her into the diner sketch. They seemed to want to put Lawrence in every sketch, as if they wanted to give her a chance to establish herself as another Emma Stone-type host. The host doesn't have to be in every sketch, and, historically, has not been as much as they've been doing it recently. I'd rather they'd stretched Update so that Kate could do another crazy impression bit than have that rather average B-108 sketch.

I would've loved to see her reprise her Anne Romney. I loved that impression.

They should've had her do commentary on the DWTS rumor as Anne on Update

evildevil97

[52]Jan 20, 2013
    • level: 26
    I'm gonna go ahead and guess that Tim Robinson will be just like Rob Riggle was on SNL. Immensely talented, but there will be better venues for it that will be seen afterwards. Really enjoyed the Civil War sketch. I also recall enjoying the couple sketches he had earlier in the season. I recall them all being final sketches of the night, though...

TheDiamondDog

[53]Jan 20, 2013
    • level: 61

I liked 75% of it. I enjoyed it.

HelloStuart

[54]Jan 21, 2013
    • level: 63
    Review submitted.