Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Episode Discussion Thread: Justin Timberlake/Ciara (5/9/09)

jkxbox360

[1]Mar 22, 2009
    • level: 15
    Not sure if this is posted, but I have a contact at NBC who has informed me anytime Justin has been on SNL. (I am a huge fan!) And she has always been legit...and on May 9th, Justin will be hosting along with Ciara being the musical guest. He will perform with her as well.
    Edited on 03/22/2009 9:08pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

whoaitsconner

[2]Mar 22, 2009
    • level: 21
    Well, I'm not sure if it's totally true. But, I guess we can make this the official discussion thread for the finale. So, it looks like, if this is true, Will Ferrell will probably host May 2.

Water78

[3]Mar 22, 2009
    • level: 47
    hmm? with Ferrell and Timberlake hosting the last two episodes i can rest asure this season will end well.

HelloStuart

[4]Mar 22, 2009
    • level: 63
    Do you have a concrete source or a link? We can't base all of this on rumor.

TheDiamondDog

[5]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 61
    I told my mom, and she's happy, cause when he hosts, she says it is always funny.

SNLFAN422

[6]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 20
    3 female hosts? that's sad!

HelloStuart

[7]Mar 23, 2009

SNLFAN422 wrote:

But we've had six female musical guests. What's your point?

Even so, no host or musical guest has yet been confirmed for April 11th or May 2nd, and this information is kinda sketchy as it is. JT's been on SNL twice already this season.

Edited on 03/23/2009 1:34pm

Woodstein

[8]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 14
    Justin Timberlake's been a solid host/random special guest but I wouldn't be too sure if a third episode with him as the host would necessarily be good. The runaway success of "D*** In A Box" overshadowed the massive amount of sketches in that episode that were just retreads of stuff from his first time hosting (he seemed to be making fun of that in his cameo in the Rudd/Beyonce show).

Water78

[9]Mar 23, 2009
    HelloStuart wrote:

SNLFAN422 wrote:

Even so, no host or musical guest has yet been confirmed for April 11th or May 2nd, and this information is kinda sketchy as it is. JT's been on SNL twice already this season.

i thought efron was hosting the 11th?

whoaitsconner

[10]Mar 23, 2009
    Does it really matter if a guy or woman is hosting as long as the episode is good? Besides, we have 4 pretty versatile women on the show as it is. As for this, I am about 25 percent certain this is true. The other 75 percent is thinking this is just a rumor. As for Efron hosting, only one article confirmed it, and I'm not sure if we should trust it. I just posted it because it was a full pledged article.

Water78

[11]Mar 23, 2009
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    Does it really matter if a guy or woman is hosting as long as the episode is good? Besides, we have 4 pretty versatile women on the show as it is. As for this, I am about 25 percent certain this is true. The other 75 percent is thinking this is just a rumor. As for Efron hosting, only one article confirmed it, and I'm not sure if we should trust it. I just posted it because it was a full pledged article.

I'd we have three, i dont think casey has proven her self yet

Woodstein

[12]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 14
    Casey has shown that she can hold her own, but Abby and Mikaela really cut into her screen time, and since Wiig gets a large share of the female roles anyway, that just makes it worse for her.

whoaitsconner

[13]Mar 23, 2009
    Water78 wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

Dude, it's not that she hasn't PROVEN herself yet. It's that she just doesn't get her own screen time enough. I think she's more of a writer than she is a cast member right now. She can be very funny.

HelloStuart

[14]Mar 23, 2009
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

Dude, it's not that she hasn't PROVEN herself yet. It's that she just doesn't get her own screen time enough. I think she's more of a writer than she is a cast member right now. She can be very funny.

Nonetheless, we've only seen her in small doses. If she were a strong writer, she would probably incorporate herself into more sketches. The pen is mightier, ya know?

Either way, I don't think CRW is a lost cause. Look at the number of sketches Seth appeared in Year 27, or Bill in the second half of Year 31.

algetrig91

[15]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 34
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

Nonetheless, we've only seen her in small doses. If she were a strong writer, she would probably incorporate herself into more sketches. The pen is mightier, ya know?

Either way, I don't think CRW is a lost cause. Look at the number of sketches Seth appeared in Year 27, or Bill in the second half of Year 31.

But those were their first seasons, and Casey's already had about 25 episodes under her belt.

BaronOne

[16]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 15

algetrig91 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    Nonetheless, we've only seen her in small doses. If she were a strong writer, she would probably incorporate herself into more sketches. The pen is mightier, ya know? Either way, I don't think CRW is a lost cause. Look at the number of sketches Seth appeared in Year 27, or Bill in the second half of Year 31.
    But those were their first seasons, and Casey's already had about 25 episodes under her belt.

But in reality, that's only about a season and a bit. Based on what I've heard, Casey is a really sweet, friendly person. Maybe she's not aggressive enough to get her sketches on the air?

HelloStuart

[17]Mar 24, 2009

BaronOne wrote:
    algetrig91 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

Nonetheless, we've only seen her in small doses. If she were a strong writer, she would probably incorporate herself into more sketches. The pen is mightier, ya know? Either way, I don't think CRW is a lost cause. Look at the number of sketches Seth appeared in Year 27, or Bill in the second half of Year 31.

But in reality, that's only about a season and a bit. Based on what I've heard, Casey is a really sweet, friendly person. Maybe she's not aggressive enough to get her sketches on the air?

SNL isn't that cutthroat, at least not like it was in the 70s and 80s. Maybe the other writers just don't know how to cast her in a sketch.

Edited on 03/24/2009 12:22pm

TheDiamondDog

[18]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 61
    HelloStuart wrote:

BaronOne wrote:
    algetrig91 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

SNL isn't that cutthroat, at least not like it was in the 70s and 80s. Maybe the other writers just don't know how to cast her in a sketch.

Unless they need a suburban mom in a skit.

RealityFan2686

[19]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 30
    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:

SNLFAN422 wrote:

Even so, no host or musical guest has yet been confirmed for April 11th or May 2nd.

He is.

Water78

[20]Mar 24, 2009
    RealityFan2686 wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:

SNLFAN422 wrote:

Even so, no host or musical guest has yet been confirmed for April 11th or May 2nd.

He is.

i wonder if we'll see a guest spot by an exfriend