Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Episode Discussion Thread: Lady Gaga (11/16/13)

  • Avatar of JM5000

    JM5000

    [1]Sep 30, 2013
    • member since: 11/14/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 502


    Well, we all knew it was coming:http://www.eonline.com/news/455185/saturday-night-live-report-lady-gaga-set-to-make-hosting-debut


    While no official date has been released yet, rumors have spread that she will be hosting the last Saturday before her new album comes out, meaning this will likely be on November 9th.


    Edited on 11/02/2013 7:38am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [2]Sep 30, 2013
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,116
    I edited the thread topic to include the date. If it needs to updated or corrected, I will gladly do so.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hennes81

    Hennes81

    [3]Oct 1, 2013
    • member since: 05/07/09
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 281

    Idk if she can carry a show all by herself (without some cameos) but I'm happy if they will try it at least.
    In her first two shows she really gave energy to the evening so she's a logical choice.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JustinRAn

    JustinRAn

    [4]Oct 1, 2013
    • member since: 12/30/09
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,262
    Let's she if she'll be the next Justin Timberlake or Next Elton John.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ruckhappy

    Ruckhappy

    [5]Oct 2, 2013
    • member since: 08/03/11
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 726

    Seems odd that they wouldn't wait for her to host the weekend before Halloween. That would be such a natural for her.


    I think she'll be a mixed bag. She'll probably come in too strong with the try-hard because her career is in crisis, but she's a natural at the theatre of theatre and she's willing to lampoon herself. The show will also be past the worst of the new season shakedown phase as well.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JM5000

    JM5000

    [6]Oct 2, 2013
    • member since: 11/14/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 502

    The actual date hasn't been confirmed yet...Who knows, maybe she WILL host before Halloween...Or maybe two days AFTER Halloween, which they can still work out as a late Halloween special (they did it a few years ago with Taylor Swift...) Rumors hint November 9th, but maybe they're still thinking it over...


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JustinRAn

    JustinRAn

    [7]Oct 2, 2013
    • member since: 12/30/09
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,262
    JM5000 wrote:

    The actual date hasn't been confirmed yet...Who knows, maybe she WILL host before Halloween...Or maybe two days AFTER Halloween, which they can still work out as a late Halloween special (they did it a few years ago with Taylor Swift...) Rumors hint November 9th, but maybe they're still thinking it over...




    Taylor Swifts episode had nothing to do with Halloween. It actually aired November 7th
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JM5000

    JM5000

    [8]Oct 2, 2013
    • member since: 11/14/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 502

    JustinRAn wrote:
    JM5000 wrote:


    The actual date hasn't been confirmed yet...Who knows, maybe she WILL host before Halloween...Or maybe two days AFTER Halloween, which they can still work out as a late Halloween special (they did it a few years ago with Taylor Swift...) Rumors hint November 9th, but maybe they're still thinking it over...



    Taylor Swifts episode had nothing to do with Halloween. It actually aired November 7th


    You're right, I was thinking of the Brian Williams episode that aired three days after Halloween and had a Halloween party cold opening...My mistake...


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hennes81

    Hennes81

    [9]Oct 31, 2013
    • member since: 05/07/09
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 281

    It's official: Lady Gaga will host and perform on Nov 16th!


    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/10/31/saturday-night-live-heats-up-november-with-hosts-lady-gaga-josh-hutcherson/212807/

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JM5000

    JM5000

    [10]Nov 1, 2013
    • member since: 11/14/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 502


    Guess we'll have to change the date on this...


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JustinRAn

    JustinRAn

    [11]Nov 1, 2013
    • member since: 12/30/09
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,262
    JustinRAn wrote:
    JM5000 wrote:

    The actual date hasn't been confirmed yet...Who knows, maybe she WILL host before Halloween...Or maybe two days AFTER Halloween, which they can still work out as a late Halloween special (they did it a few years ago with Taylor Swift...) Rumors hint November 9th, but maybe they're still thinking it over...




    Taylor Swifts episode had nothing to do with Halloween. It actually aired November 7th


    Dang you Justin. Firelight counts as a Halloween sketch! They aired it during the SNL Halloween special. Man your dumb.

    Anyway, I don't know what to expect. She is clearly not against mocking herself.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [12]Nov 2, 2013
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,116

    JM5000 wrote:


    Guess we'll have to change the date on this...



    Done and done.

    Edited on 11/02/2013 7:38am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of warqueen

    warqueen

    [13]Nov 3, 2013
    • member since: 09/23/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 340

    UH-OH: Looks like SNL may have a potential disaster in the making looming


    GAGA FREAKOUT AT YOUTUBE AWARDS...Barefoot, out of tune, crying... viewers click away


    http://touch.latimes.com/#story/la-et-st-youtube-music-awards-unscripted-babies-cry-lady-gaga-20131103/


    Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIoMcna_M84

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of warqueen

    warqueen

    [14]Nov 4, 2013
    • member since: 09/23/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 340

    And that dripping sound is getting louder: Exclusive: Lady Gaga and Manager Troy Carter Splitting:


    http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/11/04/exclusive-lady-gaga-and-manager-splitting

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hennes81

    Hennes81

    [15]Nov 5, 2013
    • member since: 05/07/09
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 281

    I hope you won't try to post every Lady Gaga news in the coming days. This could mean a lot of work!


    Don't forget she tries to promote her new album and ... she is Gaga.Wink

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Royce7815

    Royce7815

    [16]Nov 12, 2013
    • member since: 08/22/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 125

    She'll probably beat out Snoop Lion (Dogg) for biggest entrance.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JM5000

    JM5000

    [17]Nov 16, 2013
    • member since: 11/14/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 502


    Episode Predictions:


    Monologue: Gaga makes her own little...modifications to the show, which the cast doesn't agree with.


    Sketches: Another rendition of the Lady Gaga show is pretty much a certainty (unless Vanessa's Gaga impression simply appears in a sketch like her Miley did last month). I guess maybe Gaga would play Madonna or someone else closely affiliated with her...There will also surely be jokes about her controversial decisions linked earlier in this thread...


    Weekend Update: I'm no expert in U.S. or world news, but there is one entertainment-related story they should cover, and that's the "Bob" protest going on Youtube due to Google's new crappy arrangements...


    First Musical Performance: "Applause".


    Second Musical Performance: She's got several notable songs, but the two most likely candidates are either "Dope" or "Do What U Want" featuring R. Kelly. Of course, Eminem picked the least likely of three songs two weeks ago, so there's no way to be sure...


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Royce7815

    Royce7815

    [18]Nov 16, 2013
    • member since: 08/22/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 125

    JM5000 wrote:




    Weekend Update: I'm no expert in U.S. or world news, but there is one entertainment-related story they should cover, and that's the "Bob" protest going on Youtube due to Google's new crappy arrangements...




    I also see them maybe mentioning something about that Canadian mayor on update, I would however love to see them tackle it in a sketch with Bobby.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JM5000

    JM5000

    [19]Nov 16, 2013
    • member since: 11/14/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 502

    Royce7815 wrote:


    JM5000 wrote:




    Weekend Update: I'm no expert in U.S. or world news, but there is one entertainment-related story they should cover, and that's the "Bob" protest going on Youtube due to Google's new crappy arrangements...




    I also see them maybe mentioning something about that Canadian mayor on update, I would however love to see them tackle it in a sketch with Bobby.




    Maybe that will be the cold opening...


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of avmon

    avmon

    [20]Nov 16, 2013
    • member since: 09/07/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,633
    JM5000 wrote:

    Royce7815 wrote:


    JM5000 wrote:




    Weekend Update: I'm no expert in U.S. or world news, but there is one entertainment-related story they should cover, and that's the "Bob" protest going on Youtube due to Google's new crappy arrangements...




    I also see them maybe mentioning something about that Canadian mayor on update, I would however love to see them tackle it in a sketch with Bobby.




    Maybe that will be the cold opening...


    Not only that, they also made fun of "60 Minutes"!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.