Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Episode Discussion Thread: Lady Gaga (11/16/13)

JM5000

[1]Sep 30, 2013
    • level: 7

Well, we all knew it was coming:http://www.eonline.com/news/455185/saturday-night-live-report-lady-gaga-set-to-make-hosting-debut

While no official date has been released yet, rumors have spread that she will be hosting the last Saturday before her new album comes out, meaning this will likely be on November 9th.

Edited on 11/02/2013 7:38am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]Sep 30, 2013
    • level: 63
    I edited the thread topic to include the date. If it needs to updated or corrected, I will gladly do so.

Hennes81

[3]Oct 1, 2013
    • level: 5

Idk if she can carry a show all by herself (without some cameos) but I'm happy if they will try it at least.
    In her first two shows she really gave energy to the evening so she's a logical choice.

JustinRAn

[4]Oct 1, 2013
    • level: 12
    Let's she if she'll be the next Justin Timberlake or Next Elton John.

Ruckhappy

[5]Oct 2, 2013
    • level: 9

Seems odd that they wouldn't wait for her to host the weekend before Halloween. That would be such a natural for her.

I think she'll be a mixed bag. She'll probably come in too strong with the try-hard because her career is in crisis, but she's a natural at the theatre of theatre and she's willing to lampoon herself. The show will also be past the worst of the new season shakedown phase as well.

JM5000

[6]Oct 2, 2013

The actual date hasn't been confirmed yet...Who knows, maybe she WILL host before Halloween...Or maybe two days AFTER Halloween, which they can still work out as a late Halloween special (they did it a few years ago with Taylor Swift...) Rumors hint November 9th, but maybe they're still thinking it over...

JustinRAn

[7]Oct 2, 2013
    JM5000 wrote:

The actual date hasn't been confirmed yet...Who knows, maybe she WILL host before Halloween...Or maybe two days AFTER Halloween, which they can still work out as a late Halloween special (they did it a few years ago with Taylor Swift...) Rumors hint November 9th, but maybe they're still thinking it over...

Taylor Swifts episode had nothing to do with Halloween. It actually aired November 7th

JM5000

[8]Oct 2, 2013

JustinRAn wrote:
    JM5000 wrote:

Taylor Swifts episode had nothing to do with Halloween. It actually aired November 7th

You're right, I was thinking of the Brian Williams episode that aired three days after Halloween and had a Halloween party cold opening...My mistake...

Hennes81

[9]Oct 31, 2013

It's official: Lady Gaga will host and perform on Nov 16th!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/10/31/saturday-night-live-heats-up-november-with-hosts-lady-gaga-josh-hutcherson/212807/

JM5000

[10]Nov 1, 2013

Guess we'll have to change the date on this...

JustinRAn

[11]Nov 1, 2013
    JustinRAn wrote:
    JM5000 wrote:

Dang you Justin. Firelight counts as a Halloween sketch! They aired it during the SNL Halloween special. Man your dumb.

Anyway, I don't know what to expect. She is clearly not against mocking herself.

HelloStuart

[12]Nov 2, 2013
    • level: 63

JM5000 wrote:

Guess we'll have to change the date on this...

Done and done.

Edited on 11/02/2013 7:38am

warqueen

[13]Nov 3, 2013

UH-OH: Looks like SNL may have a potential disaster in the making looming

GAGA FREAKOUT AT YOUTUBE AWARDS...Barefoot, out of tune, crying... viewers click away

http://touch.latimes.com/#story/la-et-st-youtube-music-awards-unscripted-babies-cry-lady-gaga-20131103/

Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIoMcna_M84

warqueen

[14]Nov 4, 2013

And that dripping sound is getting louder: Exclusive: Lady Gaga and Manager Troy Carter Splitting:

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/11/04/exclusive-lady-gaga-and-manager-splitting

Hennes81

[15]Nov 5, 2013

I hope you won't try to post every Lady Gaga news in the coming days. This could mean a lot of work!

Don't forget she tries to promote her new album and ... she is Gaga.Wink

Royce7815

[16]Nov 12, 2013
    • level: 4

She'll probably beat out Snoop Lion (Dogg) for biggest entrance.

JM5000

[17]Nov 16, 2013

Episode Predictions:

Monologue: Gaga makes her own little...modifications to the show, which the cast doesn't agree with.

Sketches: Another rendition of the Lady Gaga show is pretty much a certainty (unless Vanessa's Gaga impression simply appears in a sketch like her Miley did last month). I guess maybe Gaga would play Madonna or someone else closely affiliated with her...There will also surely be jokes about her controversial decisions linked earlier in this thread...

Weekend Update: I'm no expert in U.S. or world news, but there is one entertainment-related story they should cover, and that's the "Bob" protest going on Youtube due to Google's new crappy arrangements...

First Musical Performance: "Applause".

Second Musical Performance: She's got several notable songs, but the two most likely candidates are either "Dope" or "Do What U Want" featuring R. Kelly. Of course, Eminem picked the least likely of three songs two weeks ago, so there's no way to be sure...

Royce7815

[18]Nov 16, 2013
    • level: 4

JM5000 wrote:

Weekend Update: I'm no expert in U.S. or world news, but there is one entertainment-related story they should cover, and that's the "Bob" protest going on Youtube due to Google's new crappy arrangements...

I also see them maybe mentioning something about that Canadian mayor on update, I would however love to see them tackle it in a sketch with Bobby.

JM5000

[19]Nov 16, 2013

Royce7815 wrote:

JM5000 wrote:

I also see them maybe mentioning something about that Canadian mayor on update, I would however love to see them tackle it in a sketch with Bobby.

Maybe that will be the cold opening...

avmon

[20]Nov 16, 2013
    • level: 16
    JM5000 wrote:

Royce7815 wrote:

JM5000 wrote:

Maybe that will be the cold opening...

Not only that, they also made fun of "60 Minutes"!