Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Episode Discussion Thread: Seth MacFarlane/Frank Ocean (9/15/12)

  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [1]Aug 28, 2012
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,111

    The world's top (read: only) openly gay rapper will be the first musical guest of Year 38. No word yet on a host:


    http://perezhilton.com/2012-08-28-frank-ocean-to-play-vmas-and-snl#.UD0W8NZlT5M

    Edited on 09/05/2012 2:36pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheDiamondDog

    TheDiamondDog

    [3]Aug 29, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 19,860

    rishabhpb wrote:
    Seth MacFarlane is the host! This is fantastic! Expect plenty of singing and voices.


    For some reason, I could see it going either way.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Royce7815

    Royce7815

    [5]Aug 29, 2012
    • member since: 08/22/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 125

    TheDiamondDog wrote:


    rishabhpb wrote:
    Seth MacFarlane is the host! This is fantastic! Expect plenty of singing and voices.


    For some reason, I could see it going either way.



    yeah they might do something with family guy or he'll probably just get that out of the way in the monologue and they'll probably have some type of theater sketch or maybe seth will play an "old timey" radio person with Herb Welch lol or something like that

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JustinRAn

    JustinRAn

    [6]Aug 29, 2012
    • member since: 12/30/09
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,262
    I wonder how many of his bits will be stolen from the Simpsons?

    6 Degrees Of SNL Cast Members

    He's Tim The Bear on The Cleveland Show with Jason Sudeikis
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of evildevil97

    evildevil97

    [7]Aug 29, 2012
    • member since: 10/03/05
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 1,998
    JustinRAn wrote:

    He's Tim The Bear on The Cleveland Show with Jason Sudeikis
    ...That's only one degree.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [8]Sep 5, 2012
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,111


    evildevil97 wrote:
    JustinRAn wrote:


    He's Tim The Bear on The Cleveland Show with Jason Sudeikis


    ...that's only one degree.


    Justin is referencing the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game. I myself am three degrees from the "Footloose" star.



    With the forums back up and running, I can finally edit the topic title.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of drudager

    drudager

    [9]Sep 6, 2012
    • member since: 07/07/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,282
    I predict lots of lush musical numbers & cameos.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JustinRAn

    JustinRAn

    [10]Sep 6, 2012
    • member since: 12/30/09
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,262
    evildevil97 wrote:
    JustinRAn wrote:

    He's Tim The Bear on The Cleveland Show with Jason Sudeikis
    ...That's only one degree.


    OK.

    He's in Ted with Mila Kunis
    Mila Kunis was in Friends With Benefits with Andy Samberg
    Andy Samberg was in Hot Rod with Bill Hader
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JustinRAn

    JustinRAn

    [12]Sep 7, 2012
    • member since: 12/30/09
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,262
    rishabhpb wrote:
    JustinRAn wrote:
    evildevil97 wrote:
    JustinRAn wrote:

    He's Tim The Bear on The Cleveland Show with Jason Sudeikis
    ...That's only one degree.


    OK.

    He's in Ted with Mila Kunis
    Mila Kunis was in Friends With Benefits with Andy Samberg
    Andy Samberg was in Hot Rod with Bill Hader


    Or,

    With Wahlberg in Ted.
    Wahlberg with Ferrell in The Other Guys.
    Ferrell with Sudeikis in The Campaign.


    I'm doing this with all the cast members that are for sure coming back next year.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of evildevil97

    evildevil97

    [13]Sep 7, 2012
    • member since: 10/03/05
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 1,998
    HelloStuart wrote:


    evildevil97 wrote:
    JustinRAn wrote:


    He's Tim The Bear on The Cleveland Show with Jason Sudeikis


    ...that's only one degree.


    Justin is referencing the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game. I myself am three degrees from the "Footloose" star.



    I am aware of this. It's the math that doesnt add up.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [14]Sep 8, 2012
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,111

    evildevil97 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:



    evildevil97 wrote:
    JustinRAn wrote:


    He's Tim The Bear on The Cleveland Show with Jason Sudeikis


    ...that's only one degree.


    Justin is referencing the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game. I myself am three degrees from the "Footloose" star.



    I am aware of this. It's the math that doesnt add up.


    Each person you know is a degree, and you're zero. In my case, me --> Robert Ostrowski --> Denise Richards --> Kevin Bacon. Three degrees.

    Edited on 09/08/2012 3:19pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of evildevil97

    evildevil97

    [15]Sep 9, 2012
    • member since: 10/03/05
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 1,998
    HelloStuart wrote:

    evildevil97 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:



    evildevil97 wrote:
    JustinRAn wrote:


    He's Tim The Bear on The Cleveland Show with Jason Sudeikis


    ...that's only one degree.


    Justin is referencing the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game. I myself am three degrees from the "Footloose" star.



    I am aware of this. It's the math that doesnt add up.


    Each person you know is a degree, and you're zero. In my case, me --> Robert Ostrowski --> Denise Richards --> Kevin Bacon. Three degrees.

    I.. know. I responded to the one degree from Seth MacFarlane to Jason Sudeikis that was being referred to as six. If it's Seth MacFarlane you're starting at, does he count as a degree? I figured it didn't, thus one degree being referred to as six.

    I didn't mean to get into a pointless internet debate about the matter, by the way. I just meant it as a polite, "hey, that's not six".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [16]Sep 9, 2012
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,111
    evildevil97 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:

    evildevil97 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:



    evildevil97 wrote:
    JustinRAn wrote:


    He's Tim The Bear on The Cleveland Show with Jason Sudeikis


    ...that's only one degree.


    Justin is referencing the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game. I myself am three degrees from the "Footloose" star.



    I am aware of this. It's the math that doesnt add up.


    Each person you know is a degree, and you're zero. In my case, me --> Robert Ostrowski --> Denise Richards --> Kevin Bacon. Three degrees.

    I.. know. I responded to the one degree from Seth MacFarlane to Jason Sudeikis that was being referred to as six. If it's Seth MacFarlane you're starting at, does he count as a degree? I figured it didn't, thus one degree being referred to as six.

    I didn't mean to get into a pointless internet debate about the matter, by the way. I just meant it as a polite, "hey, that's not six".

    No worries!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of danharr

    danharr

    [17]Sep 11, 2012
    • member since: 04/30/05
    • level: 45
    • rank: Swizzle-Bird
    • posts: 10,938

    Nice to have my Saturdays back and can't wait to meet the newbies. I'll even give the musical guest a try since all the buzz around him because of his orientation.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheDiamondDog

    TheDiamondDog

    [18]Sep 12, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 19,860

    I can't help but think how much interest I have been losing in SNL since last season. Just not as funny. Maybe I'll just start recording it. I'm not completely looking forward to it as I had in seasons past.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ruckhappy

    Ruckhappy

    [19]Sep 12, 2012
    • member since: 08/03/11
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 725

    I'm quite hopeful about all the new blood. What concerns me is the writers trying to milk the remaining stock of preexisting sketch premises featuring the veteran cast that remains. Most of those are already DOA and should be retired. What's Up With That and the Scared Straight sketches should be off the boards. I've loved the Herb Welch sketches but the premise is played out. Stefon should be retired. Really, really, really should be.


    The Manuel Ortiz Show sketch still works for me, but they've had trouble finding characters that work for the newer cast in that sketch. If Jay could relax with his too-cool-for-school attitude and be willing to clown a little, he could do a fine black-Spanish lothario character for that sketch.


    Bobby, oddly, is the one of the established cast who has material with legs left. Drunk Uncle hasn't gotten old. They've only done his pizza restaurant waiter sketch a couple of times. Why not a Hanna-Barbera sketch featuring his Snagglepuss like the Muppet Show sketch they did with Seth Rogen a couple of years ago? I'm not a big fan of the second-hand news guy but, if written well, it should still work.


    I'm going to be cringing at the lame attempts to revisit the past, I expect, not at watching the new kids show their stuff.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of algetrig91

    algetrig91

    [20]Sep 15, 2012
    • member since: 06/02/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 2,489

    The Jay Pharoah as Obama era begins...........now.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of danharr

    danharr

    [21]Sep 15, 2012
    • member since: 04/30/05
    • level: 45
    • rank: Swizzle-Bird
    • posts: 10,938

    Oh damn we got a new Obama! Good on Jay getting the shot he did a good job.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JustinRAn

    JustinRAn

    [22]Sep 15, 2012
    • member since: 12/30/09
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,262
    EIEIO Made me LOL.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.