Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Episode Discussion Thread: Will Ferrell/Green Day (5/16/09)

whoaitsconner

[81]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 21
    Water78 wrote:
    agithacristyfan wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    Say, remember when half the people in this forum received TOS warnings for quote monsters? Just be careful, guys.

Quote monsters... what the heck's that?

This is completely off-topic to this conversation we're all having, but...I hear Will Ferrell is hosting the season finale!

i got a TOS in this very forum for dreaming Amanda Bynes would host, stu there is someone after the SNL forum, i am thinking it's one of the angry madTV fans who cant get over the fact that the show is ending. But not to get a TOS for saying this: Will Ferrell is hosting, wow he was a great castmember and his 2005 show was great, he will sure make season 34 end on a good note.

Timberlake's a good host, but I can't guarentee his episode will be good. But, Ferrell on the other hand. If Ferrell's episode fails, then obviously the cast wanted to get out of Studio 8H for the summer earlier than they were supposed to.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[82]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 63
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    agithacristyfan wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    Say, remember when half the people in this forum received TOS warnings for quote monsters? Just be careful, guys.

Quote monsters... what the heck's that?

This is completely off-topic to this conversation we're all having, but...I hear Will Ferrell is hosting the season finale!

i got a TOS in this very forum for dreaming Amanda Bynes would host, stu there is someone after the SNL forum, i am thinking it's one of the angry madTV fans who cant get over the fact that the show is ending. But not to get a TOS for saying this: Will Ferrell is hosting, wow he was a great castmember and his 2005 show was great, he will sure make season 34 end on a good note.

Timberlake's a good host, but I can't guarentee his episode will be good. But, Ferrell on the other hand. If Ferrell's episode fails, then obviously the cast wanted to get out of Studio 8H for the summer earlier than they were supposed to.

There's always a slight sense of burnout near the end of the season. The producers know JT and Ferrell are easy to work with, so it won't be daunting on the cast and crew. Both shows should be pretty good, though.

bry456

[83]Apr 27, 2009
    • level: 19
    I hope Ferrell's Dr. Beaman (the bad doctor from the Freddie Prinze, Jr. and Renee Zelwegger episodes) makes a return. They could have Forte and Casey as the couple, Kristin as the nurse and maybe Michaela could play Beverly (the person Beaman talks to on the phone) where this time we see and hear her.

agithacristyfan

[84]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 6

bry456 wrote:
    I hope Ferrell's Dr. Beaman (the bad doctor from the Freddie Prinze, Jr. and Renee Zelwegger episodes) makes a return. They could have Forte and Casey as the couple, Kristin as the nurse and maybe Michaela could play Beverly (the person Beaman talks to on the phone) where this time we see and hear her.

That would be cool!

HelloStuart

[86]May 9, 2009
    vincentrules98 wrote:
    Okay, here's the situation. NBC was already confirmed for Rachel McAdams to SNL on May 30, 2009. With musical guest Morrissey. Will Ferrell/Greenday is not the season finale. Okay, Let New York Magazine write about this article for "Rachel to host SNL." So, stop the presses, now!

Where's your proof?

Hennes81

[90]May 11, 2009

Is there a program or browser plug-in to filter forum postings of defined users....

Just a spontaneous thought....

Edited on 05/11/2009 10:29am

Water78

[91]May 11, 2009
    • level: 47
    Hennes81 wrote:

Is there a program or browser plug-in to filter forum postings of defined users....

can we ban "vincentrules" yet?

EDIT: What's up with the burst of new users in this forum, not that there is anything wrong with it

Edited on 05/11/2009 12:42pm

HelloStuart

[92]May 11, 2009
    Water78 wrote:
    Hennes81 wrote:

can we ban "vincentrules" yet?

EDIT: What's up with the burst of new users in this forum, not that there is anything wrong with it

Just ignore Vincent. I've already reported him twice.

Woodstein

[93]May 11, 2009
    • level: 14
    You know how from time to time, the list of hosts and musical guests on Wikipedia has several entries added to it that were clearly pulled out of thin air? Vincent reminds me of that.

HelloStuart

[94]May 11, 2009
    Woodstein wrote:
    You know how from time to time, the list of hosts and musical guests on Wikipedia has several entries added to it that were clearly pulled out of thin air? Vincent reminds me of that.

He's probably the guy who posts that information.

I just want to remind any newcomers that more often than not, we won't know who will be the host or musical guest of a particular show until less than a month beforehand. With that said, no Season 35 info will be confirmed until Labor Day at the earliest.

whoaitsconner

[95]May 12, 2009
    • level: 21
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Woodstein wrote:

I just want to remind any newcomers that more often than not, we won't know who will be the host or musical guest of a particular show until less than a month beforehand. With that said, no Season 35 info will be confirmed until Labor Day at the earliest.

Actually, late July will bring news when they do the television fall preview stuff. Usually Lorne might announce the schedule, or the season premiere host.

Hennes81

[97]May 12, 2009

Even if it's annoying to read this over and over again, I have to give him credit for his tenacity...
    Btw: Alba, Duff, Walken, Braff, and Rapaport could be really nice additions for the next season (Efron also but you should give him some time...). As of now I would say SNL has returned to the American's focus, so they should have the chance to get really big stars again (you can't have Baldwin, Martin, Affleck, Timberlake and Ferrell every season).

edit: I was to slow as vincents last comment was deleted in the meantime.

But back to this weeks show:
    Despite the wide range of Wills famous characters I don't think there will be a lot of recurring characters. Maybe there will be a James Lipton or some other but I don't think that Will wants to play Alex Trebeck every time he is there. Even though it would be nice to have another Celebrity Jeopardy (would the writers have another idea for Angelina Jolie?) or Morning Latte (with Cheri of course). And I don't think he will be doing W ever again - as long as Tina won't play Palin a last time...

Edited on 05/12/2009 8:21am

HelloStuart

[98]May 12, 2009
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Woodstein wrote:

Actually, late July will bring news when they do the television fall preview stuff. Usually Lorne might announce the schedule, or the season premiere host.

Sometimes. Nothing's set in stone until T-minus two weeks before the show.

HelloStuart

[99]May 12, 2009
    Hennes81 wrote:

Even if it's annoying to read this over and over again, I have to give him credit for his tenacity...
    Btw: Alba, Duff, Walken, Braff, and Rapaport could be really nice additions for the next season (Efron also but you should give him some time...). As of now I would say SNL has returned to the American's focus, so they should have the chance to get really big stars again (you can't have Baldwin, Martin, Affleck, Timberlake and Ferrell every season).

Despite the wide range of Wills famous characters I don't think there will be a lot of recurring characters. Maybe there will be a James Lipton or some other but I don't think that Will wants to play Alex Trebeck every time he is there. Even though it would be nice to have another Celebrity Jeopardy (would the writers have another idea for Angelina Jolie?) or Morning Latte (with Cheri of course). And I don't think he will be doing W ever again - as long as Tina won't play Palin a last time...

I can't picture Jessica Alba doing comedy... or acting, for that matter.

Water78

[100]May 12, 2009
    • level: 47
    Hennes81 wrote:

Oh no, no Oteri. And i think america has had enough with W. Will Ferrell too, in his show "You're Welcome America: A Final Night With George W. Bush"