Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Episode Discussion Thread: Zach Galifianakis/Jessie J (3/12/11)

  • Avatar of BaronOne

    BaronOne

    [24]Mar 12, 2011
    • member since: 01/02/08
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 818

    Love The Talk and the catchphrase piece, especially Zach with the airhorn.



    And may I just say, HOLY IHS*DOG@E(R&B#(*GFR*)(#GBVFR*(!!!! Seth Meyers was in a sketch!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of danharr

    danharr

    [25]Mar 12, 2011
    • member since: 04/30/05
    • level: 45
    • rank: Swizzle-Bird
    • posts: 10,938

    The talk since I hate it appreciated the parody but the kings of catch phrases didn't get that one.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thecomedianky

    thecomedianky

    [26]Mar 12, 2011
    • member since: 10/09/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,125
    who would wear a View shirt to see The Talk?

    I like the use of the cast in the catchphrase kings bit. Was that Seth in there?!?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of algetrig91

    algetrig91

    [28]Mar 12, 2011
    • member since: 06/02/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 2,488
    Apparently, this episode is gonna be Kenan-heavy. Nice to see Seth outside of WU again, though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BaronOne

    BaronOne

    [29]Mar 12, 2011
    • member since: 01/02/08
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 818

    OMG, Zach is hilarious in this scared straight bit!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BaronOne

    BaronOne

    [31]Mar 12, 2011
    • member since: 01/02/08
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 818

    rishabhpb wrote:
    I don't like the show so far, apart from the monologue.


    I feel quite the opposite... not to say I don't like the monologue. I meant, I haven't disliked anything yet thus far.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dovajorth

    dovajorth

    [32]Mar 12, 2011
    • member since: 11/03/08
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 26
    The Talk had some good impressions, but it mostly fell flat.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BaronOne

    BaronOne

    [34]Mar 12, 2011
    • member since: 01/02/08
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 818

    Update was pretty funny. Classy way to finish too.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BaronOne

    BaronOne

    [35]Mar 12, 2011
    • member since: 01/02/08
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 818

    that dog sketch was delightfully dark. Weak ending aside...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BaronOne

    BaronOne

    [36]Mar 12, 2011
    • member since: 01/02/08
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 818

    Ok the show needs a new director. I'm really starting to grow tired of the gaffes and cue problems. This was never as big an issue as it has been in the last couple years. It doesn't really take away from the quality of the sketches much, but it's starting to get annoying.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BaronOne

    BaronOne

    [37]Mar 12, 2011
    • member since: 01/02/08
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 818

    Canadian Scoop? Now they're taking swipes at me, EH?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BaronOne

    BaronOne

    [39]Mar 12, 2011
    • member since: 01/02/08
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 818

    rishabhpb wrote:
    I definitely like Jessie J


    Is it just me or does Zach keep calling her Jessie Jane?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BaronOne

    BaronOne

    [41]Mar 12, 2011
    • member since: 01/02/08
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 818

    Good show! I really dug the show this week. The hot streak continues for god knows how long..

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Woodstein

    Woodstein

    [42]Mar 12, 2011
    • member since: 07/18/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 773
    I felt it was an improvement over Zach's first hosting stint, and one of the stronger episodes of the season. This time, the show just let him be himself, while they just wrote him into the background in a lot of sketches last time. Even recurring bits like Scared Straight and rote TV show parodies like The Talk were turned on their heads a little. They definitely went all in with the weird stuff, and although not all of it worked, it was a nice change of pace for a season which has displayed a lack of willingness to take risks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mrjimmyjames

    mrjimmyjames

    [43]Mar 13, 2011
    • member since: 05/13/10
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 419

    does anyone know the last time Seth appeared in a sketch outside of update?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thecomedianky

    thecomedianky

    [44]Mar 13, 2011
    • member since: 10/09/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,125
    mrjimmyjames wrote:

    does anyone know the last time Seth appeared in a sketch outside of update?

    check out snl transcripts. they might have it. was he in amy's show?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hennes81

    Hennes81

    [45]Mar 13, 2011
    • member since: 05/07/09
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 270

    thecomedianky wrote:
    mrjimmyjames wrote:


    does anyone know the last time Seth appeared in a sketch outside of update?


    check out snl transcripts. they might have it. was he in amy's show?


    You're right. I would have thought about the last sketch of Ferrell/Green Day but he also was in Amy's monologue too.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JustinRAn

    JustinRAn

    [46]Mar 13, 2011
    • member since: 12/30/09
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,257
    He was also in 2 Sketches during the Drew Barrymore/ Lily Allen Show.

    My Thoughts:
    - I'm already tired of the Liam character
    - Did the dog have to die that way?
    - Zach is at 0 and 2 with his Digital shorts
    - I Liked Nasim insulting Kristen
    - Did Zach have to wear a Dress that many times
    - I'm going to say something, I thought I'd never say, Kristen was Watchable during Update

    P.S. Zach's Stand-Up DVD was horrible. You will hate him if you see it.

    Stuff that'll probably get Cut
    - Digital Short
    - Liam
    - Noodles
    - Celebrity Scoop
    - Corn Syrup Producers of America
    - Jessie J's 2nd Performance
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BaronOne

    BaronOne

    [47]Mar 13, 2011
    • member since: 01/02/08
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 818

    JustinRAn wrote:
    He was also in 2 Sketches during the Drew Barrymore/ Lily Allen Show. My Thoughts: - I'm already tired of the Liam character - Did the dog have to die that way? - Zach is at 0 and 2 with his Digital shorts - I Liked Nasim insulting Kristen - Did Zach have to wear a Dress that many times - I'm going to say something, I thought I'd never say, Kristen was Watchable during Update P.S. Zach's Stand-Up DVD was horrible. You will hate him if you see it. Stuff that'll probably get Cut - Digital Short - Liam - Noodles - Celebrity Scoop - Corn Syrup Producers of America - Jessie J's 2nd Performance


    ...his stand-up DVD was hilarious.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thecomedianky

    thecomedianky

    [48]Mar 13, 2011
    • member since: 10/09/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,125
    BaronOne wrote:

    JustinRAn wrote:
    He was also in 2 Sketches during the Drew Barrymore/ Lily Allen Show. My Thoughts: - I'm already tired of the Liam character - Did the dog have to die that way? - Zach is at 0 and 2 with his Digital shorts - I Liked Nasim insulting Kristen - Did Zach have to wear a Dress that many times - I'm going to say something, I thought I'd never say, Kristen was Watchable during Update P.S. Zach's Stand-Up DVD was horrible. You will hate him if you see it. Stuff that'll probably get Cut - Digital Short - Liam - Noodles - Celebrity Scoop - Corn Syrup Producers of America - Jessie J's 2nd Performance


    ...his stand-up DVD was hilarious.

    zach's stand-up is always hilarious.

    hard to believe that he was the coroner in Tru Calling.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.