Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Favorite Cast Member (Of All Time and Present)

HelloStuart

[121]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 63
    Water78 wrote:
    BaronOne wrote:
    Forte is the man.

I just don't like him- too much singing and dancing.

I wish Orville would bring back "The Falconer," though "MacGruber" has been a suitable replacement.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Water78

[122]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 47
    anybody know amy's replacement

whoaitsconner

[123]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 21
    Water78 wrote:

They'll announce it soon.

annie888

[124]Oct 24, 2008
    • level: 9

All time: Mike Myers

Present: Andy Samberg

friendfan13

[125]Nov 10, 2008
    • level: 8
    Water78 wrote:

My thoughts on the cast (if a x appears next to somebody they should leave to me)

Fred Armisen - One of the best on the show but coming into his prime in his 7th season isnt a good thing. Is obama impression is bad. I see him lasting 3-5 more seasons left

Will Forte - x - annoying, has way to many unfunny sketchs were he either sings or dances. 2-4 more seasons left

Bill Hader - hasnt done much seems to me like the extra cast meber who has never really done muchidk is it just me?

Darrell Hammond - x? - can do any impression, but since he has done bill clinton 80 times maybe it's time to start planning ur depature, it bothers me that he is in none to one sketch an episode 1-4 seasons left

Seth Meyers - x - he cant do an impression and over thinks he's funny, he is great writer but not infront of the camera. Quit as a cast member and become a full time staff writer 1-3 seasons left

Bobby Moynihan - hasnt fully done alot but i hope to see more from the newer staff who i hope will save the show 5-7 seasons left

Amy Poehler - planned x - not really funny but brings a perkyniss that no other cast member brings which will be missed since she is in every sketch and has done much more than any cast member on the show now

Andy Samberg - his digitial shorts are delcing but might get better 4-6 more seasons

Jason Sudeikis x - i never really saw hiim funny, should go back to being a writer than a cast member 4-6 more seasons

Kenan Thompson - x -can only do an impression of cosby not funny and annoying 1-3 more seasons

Kristen Wiig - the female will ferrell, can make bad material funny and the best cast member on the show 3-5 more seasons

Casey Wilson - can be annoying but i plan to see more 5-7 more seasons

Darrell Hammond is great with every impression!

HelloStuart

[126]Nov 10, 2008
    friendfan13 wrote:
    Water78 wrote:

My thoughts on the cast (if a x appears next to somebody they should leave to me)

Fred Armisen - One of the best on the show but coming into his prime in his 7th season isnt a good thing. Is obama impression is bad. I see him lasting 3-5 more seasons left

Will Forte - x - annoying, has way to many unfunny sketchs were he either sings or dances. 2-4 more seasons left

Bill Hader - hasnt done much seems to me like the extra cast meber who has never really done muchidk is it just me?

Darrell Hammond - x? - can do any impression, but since he has done bill clinton 80 times maybe it's time to start planning ur depature, it bothers me that he is in none to one sketch an episode 1-4 seasons left

Seth Meyers - x - he cant do an impression and over thinks he's funny, he is great writer but not infront of the camera. Quit as a cast member and become a full time staff writer 1-3 seasons left

Bobby Moynihan - hasnt fully done alot but i hope to see more from the newer staff who i hope will save the show 5-7 seasons left

Amy Poehler - planned x - not really funny but brings a perkiniss that no other cast member brings which will be missed since she is in every sketch and has done much more than any cast member on the show now

Andy Samberg - his digitial shorts are delcing but might get better 4-6 more seasons

Jason Sudeikis x - i never really saw hiim funny, should go back to being a writer than a cast member 4-6 more seasons

Kenan Thompson - x -can only do an impression of cosby not funny and annoying 1-3 more seasons

Kristen Wiig - the female will ferrell, can make bad material funny and the best cast member on the show 3-5 more seasons

Well, maybe not Dubya...

TheDiamondDog

[127]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 61
    HelloStuart wrote:
    friendfan13 wrote:
    Water78 wrote:

Amy Poehler - planned x - not really funny but brings a perkiniss that no other cast member brings which will be missed since she is in every sketch and has done much more than any cast member on the show now

Well, maybe not Dubya...

I think that was pry his Achilles heel.

Water78

[128]Nov 11, 2008
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    Water78 wrote:

do u think the new cast member will be in this episode, or maybe it's to soon to tell

whoaitsconner

[129]Nov 11, 2008
    Water78 wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    Water78 wrote:

do u think the new cast member will be in this episode, or maybe it's to soon to tell

As of our knowledge from an article released last week, Lorne doesn't even have anybody yet.

HelloStuart

[130]Nov 11, 2008
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    Water78 wrote:

As of our knowledge from an article released last week, Lorne doesn't even have anybody yet.

It's like what Conner said in the other thread- if there was any cast news, you'd know by now. Besides, it's not the first time the cast has only had two women.

Water78

[131]Nov 12, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    Water78 wrote:

It's like what Conner said in the other thread- if there was any cast news, you'd know by now. Besides, it's not the first time the cast has only had two women.

http://thecomicscomic.typepad.com/thecomicscomic/2008/11/two-more-reason.html

anguscdc

[132]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 1
    Belushi has got to be the ALL TIME GREATEST, at least in my book.From, Jake and Elwood Blues to The Killer Bees , , to Samuri Tailor,and even the fat Olympic runner who likes the little chocolate doughnuts,, there'll never be another like that . But presently,, I Fricking LOVE Kristin Wiig, She's a scene stealer in every skit I've ever seen, and absolutely hysterical from her Target Lady to my favorite Penelope. Anyway, , that's my 2cents worth . . .Thanks.

gatekeeper50

[133]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 3

Phil Hartman and Al Franken (male)

Gilda Radner and Tina Fey (female)

1. Phil Hartman

2. Gilda Radner

3. Tina Fey

4. Al Franken

whoaitsconner

[134]Jan 7, 2009
    gatekeeper50 wrote:

1. Phil Hartman

2. Gilda Radner

3. Tina Fey

4. Al Franken

Al Franken... interesting

Water78

[135]Jan 10, 2009
    gatekeeper50 wrote:

1. Phil Hartman

2. Gilda Radner

3. Tina Fey

4. Al Franken

That's just stinkin thinkin

BaronOne

[136]Feb 7, 2009
    • level: 15

HelloStuart wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    BaronOne wrote:
    Forte is the man.
    I wish Orville would bring back "The Falconer," though "MacGruber" has been a suitable replacement.

They referenced it in Kutcher/Barkley but unfortunately have not brought it back yet.

HelloStuart

[137]Feb 7, 2009
    BaronOne wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    BaronOne wrote:
    Forte is the man.

They referenced it in Kutcher/Barkley but unfortunately have not brought it back yet.

The last "Falconer" was almost three years ago. Maybe they ran out of ideas.

thefanof

[138]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 102
    HelloStuart wrote:
    friendfan13 wrote:
    Water78 wrote:

Well, maybe not Dubya...

Has he ever done a Christopher Walken impression on the show? I'm a fan of his impressions, but I remember when Walken last hosted they did a scene where everyone did him and Hammond's wasn't that great (I think I liked Bill Hader's the most). Just wondering if he ever did it outside that episode.

HelloStuart

[139]Feb 14, 2009
    thefanof wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    friendfan13 wrote:
    Water78 wrote:

Well, maybe not Dubya...

Has he ever done a Christopher Walken impression on the show? I'm a fan of his impressions, but I remember when Walken last hosted they did a scene where everyone did him and Hammond's wasn't that great (I think I liked Bill Hader's the most). Just wondering if he ever did it outside that episode.

Nope. Just Jay Mohr.

TheDiamondDog

[140]Feb 15, 2009
    • level: 61
    HelloStuart wrote:
    thefanof wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    friendfan13 wrote:
    Water78 wrote:

Well, maybe not Dubya...
    Nope. Just Jay Mohr.

I loved that Skittles commercial parody Mohr did as Walken on Conan.