Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

General News & Media Mentions

HelloStuart

[2236]Apr 15, 2015
    • level: 63

Kenan finally talks Cosby:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/kenan-thompson-calls-bill-cosby-a-monster-addresses-rape-allegations-at-comedy-show/ar-AAb17r8

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JustinRAn

[2237]Apr 25, 2015
    • level: 12

HelloStuart wrote:
    avmon wrote:
    I just read Eddie Murphy is getting this year's Mark Twain Prize joining Lorne Michaels, Will Ferrell, and Tina Fey as someone from "SNL" getting it. I now wonder if Joe Piscopo will also show up in the audience at least...
    What perfect timing! "Norbit" just got the Criterion treatment...
    Way to be topical with a 2007 reference. Did you miss the blockbuster that was A Thousand Words? From the director of Norbit.

Edited on 04/30/2015 9:55pm

HelloStuart

[2238]Apr 30, 2015
    • level: 63
    JustinRAn wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    avmon wrote:
    I just read Eddie Murphy is getting this year's Mark Twain Prize joining Lorne Michaels, Will Ferrell, and Tina Fey as someone from "SNL" getting it. I now wonder if Joe Piscopo will also show up in the audience at least...
    What perfect timing! "Norbit" just got the Criterion treatment...
    Way to be topical with a 2007 reference. Did you miss the blockbuster that was A Thousand Words? From the director of Norbit.

Criterion reissues old movies for the purpose of offering a new critical perspective. Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of irony, Mr. An.

avmon

[2239]12 days ago
    • level: 17
    Last night, Bill Murray made his final appearance on Dave's penultimate show by walking out of a giant cake and showering Letterman, and some of the audience members with the goo! What a funny and memorable evening that was! They also showed highlights of Bill with Dave starting with his first time with the host on his morning show on NBC. But, unfortunately, that was the only NBC ciip allowed on the CBS show so I felt deprived when it didn't show Bill singing "Physical" on the very first "Late Night with David Letterman"! Oh, and Tom Hanks the previous night was also very enjoyable though I wished when he refered to Ron Howard, he would have for once said, "Opie Cunningham"! One more thing, Bob Dylan actually was clear when singing the lyrics last night! So long, Dave!

avmon

[2240]11 days ago
    • level: 17

So I'm guessing anyone reading this actually watched all nearly 90 minutes of the final "Late Show with David Letterman"? But there was hardly anything that would be considered filler. The fact that many of the people on the show-from Paul Shaffer and Tom "Bones" Malone to many of the writers to the celebs doing the final Top Ten list-came from "Saturday Night Live" shows how linked Dave will always be with that groundbreaking show despite never appearing on it himself. Nice clips from his NBC morning show especially when one of them had Andy Kaufman. And then near the end, seeing his wife and son in the audience was certainly the most heartwarming part Dave could ever let himself be publicly. Oh, and also loved Dave then mentioning Harry's friend who was sitting next to him! For 35 years (counting that morning show), Dave has been one of the most unique of talk show hosts, one who let his wisecracking self go on air without apologies, and succeeded beyond his wildest dreams! Nothing more to say except, So long, Dave!

Edited on 05/21/2015 6:28am
    Edited 2 total times.