Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

General News & Media Mentions

mp34mp

[41]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 16
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    topoopon wrote:
    Anyway this belongs in a 30 Rock thread.

Well, Tina's an alumna of the show, so what ever she does ends up on our forum.

And that's all warqueen's doing, too. Personally I wish the Tina Feying would STOP.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

whoaitsconner

[42]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 21
    mp34mp wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    topoopon wrote:

And that's all warqueen's doing, too. Personally I wish the Tina Feying would STOP.

Yeah, we've passed the border line between SNL alumn news, and focusing on/stalking one person, Tina Fey.

HelloStuart

[43]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 63
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    topoopon wrote:

Yeah, we've passed the border line between SNL alumni news, and focusing on/stalking one person, Tina Fey.

Unfortunately, she's the only ex-SNLer that seems to be making any news lately. The last Ferrell movie was a dud and the new one from Myers doesn't look all that great.

Ana Gasteyer wrote:
    I got my oil changed today. Is that news?

whoaitsconner

[44]Mar 28, 2008
    Cheri Oteri wrote:
    I bought Scary Movie in Blu-Ray, today. How about that?

topoopon

[45]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 19
    What's Tim Kazurinsky or Gary Kroeger or Jeff Richards up to these days? haha

HelloStuart

[46]Mar 28, 2008
    topoopon wrote:

Kaz is a theater director here in Chicago, Kroeger hosts infomercials, and Richards is still doing stand-up.

bry456

[47]Mar 29, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    topoopon wrote:

Kaz is a theater director here in Chicago

Is he still making appearances on WGN News or "bugging" Tom Skilling?

HelloStuart

[48]Mar 29, 2008
    bry456 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    topoopon wrote:

Kaz is a theater director here in Chicago...

Is he still making appearances on WGN News or "bugging" Tom Skilling?

From what I know of, he was on the morning show four months ago and that was it.

warqueen

[49]Mar 31, 2008
    • level: 6

Ashlee Simpson Banned From 'SNL'; Britney Spears offered role on '30 Rock'

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03312008/gossip/pagesix/dont_come_back_104371.htm

DON'T COME BACK

DON'T expect to see Ashlee Simpson back on "Saturday Night Live" any time soon to promote her new album "Bittersweet World." An insider said her father, Joe Simpson, "wanted her to go on 'SNL' - where her first appearance, in 2004, was marred by her lip-synching fiasco - and they said no." Word is Ashlee was "a pain" during her time at "SNL" and the producers have notoriously long memories. A rep for Ashlee said, "We're not doing 'SNL' because they're dark the week we are here in April and there were no other opportunities later in the year."

========================================================

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03312008/gossip/pagesix/keep_her_busy_104375.htm

KEEP HER BUSY

Britney Spears is back in the studio working on another album - but if her conservator/dad, Jamie, has his way, she'll stop the music and concentrate on her TV career. A Spears insider said, "Britney did a great job on 'How I Met Your Mother.' She got the show its highest ratings yet, but more importantly for Jamie, he wants his daughter at a normal 9-to-5 job to keep her working and out of trouble. A sitcom would do that. So he's exploring several offers for Britney to have her own show." Spears has also been offered a guest-starring stint on "30 Rock."

By the way, did any of you all know that Tian Fey had a cameo in the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie? I just watched it last night and I read the credits, Tina was in at the end of the movie, she played the role of Frylock, Shake & Meatwad long lost mother "The Burrito". She was a 9-layered burrito with really big breasts. Also, Fred Armisen & Chris Kattan had bit parts as well. Also Bruce Campbell (from the Evil Dead trilogy) & Neil Pearl, the drummer for the band Rush. In all, it was one F-ed up, in a very dark humorous kind of way!

thecomedianky

[50]Mar 31, 2008

Contrary to news reports that she has been banned by SNL, here's this snippet from PR Inside and WENN:

ASHLEE SIMPSON has denied reports she has been banned from appearing on hit U.S. TV show SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE.
    The star was left red-faced after she was caught lip-syncing during a performance on the show in 2004, but reports claim the singer was keen to make a return to the series to promote her new album Bittersweet World.

Sources tell the New York Post's Page Six column Simpson was "a pain" during her time on Saturday Night Live - and that the show's producers were reluctant to have her back.

However, Simpson's publicist insists she won't be appearing on the show due to conflicting schedules.

A representative for the star says, "We're not doing SNL because they're dark (not filming) the week we are here in April (0 and there were no other opportunities later in the year."

HelloStuart

[51]Mar 31, 2008

warqueen wrote:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03312008/gossip/pagesix/keep_her_busy_104375.htm

KEEP HER BUSY

Britney Spears is back in the studio working on another album - but if her conservator/dad, Jamie, has his way, she'll stop the music and concentrate on her TV career. A Spears insider said, "Britney did a great job on 'How I Met Your Mother.' She got the show its highest ratings yet, but more importantly for Jamie, he wants his daughter at a normal 9-to-5 job to keep her working and out of trouble. A sitcom would do that. So he's exploring several offers for Britney to have her own show." Spears has also been offered a guest-starring stint on "30 Rock."

By the way, did any of you all know that Tina Fey had a cameo in the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie? I just watched it last night and I read the credits, Tina was in at the end of the movie, she played the role of Frylock, Shake & Meatwad long lost mother "The Burrito". She was a 9-layered burrito with really big breasts. Also, Fred Armisen & Chris Kattan had bit parts as well. Also Bruce Campbell (from the Evil Dead trilogy) & Neil Pearl, the drummer for the band Rush. In all, it was one F-ed up, in a very dark humorous kind of way!

I appreciate that you're posting news like this, but anything relating to "30 Rock" should be posted in the "30 Rock" forum.

Edited on 03/31/2008 8:01am

bry456

[52]Mar 31, 2008

Kenan Thompson's SUV pulled over in suburban New Jersey, pot found:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0328081kenan1.html

Edited on 03/31/2008 8:14am

mp34mp

[53]Mar 31, 2008
    bry456 wrote:

:O

Fatty's a dopehead! Sober people don't drive erratic. Lorne should probably drug test Amy for performance enhancers. Seriously, is SNL like Drug Central or something?? For crying outloud....

whoaitsconner

[54]Mar 31, 2008
    bry456 wrote:

What's up with all these stars doin drugs? He wasn't a huge surprise, though.
    Other than Kel- oh I mean Kenan- I don't think any one else does illegal drugs, but as for cigarettes, i can only imagine which ones of them do it.
    Edited on 03/31/2008 12:06pm

HelloStuart

[55]Mar 31, 2008
    mp34mp wrote:
    bry456 wrote:

:O

Fatty's a dopehead! Sober people don't drive erratic. Lorne should probably drug test Amy for performance enhancers. Seriously, is SNL like Drug Central or something?? For crying out loud...

As Kristen mentioned in the EW article, the top drug on the SNL set is probably caffeine; you can tell half the cast loves their double-shot lattes. Don't let Kenan's bust spoil the whole barrel of apples, though.

TheDiamondDog

[56]Mar 31, 2008
    • level: 61

Wow, lots of news.

Its bad enough that TV producers use these lame media wh0res for ratings. Especially Hilton and Spears, who in all fairness aren't that talented. Then they want the call girl? That's just sad.

It'd be great is Simpson was banned from SNL. Spare her crappy music. But it'd be hard to believe she was banned, considering she was on the season after the scandal. I'd hope they wouldn't want her on.

whoaitsconner

[57]Apr 7, 2008

http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/45792/

Unemployment's a Downer for 'SNL'-er Dratch
    And Vanity Fair rubs it in.

Rachel Dratch is learning it's not funny being an out-of-work comedian. She left Saturday Night Live two years ago and then was replaced on 30 Rock. What's she up to now? "Maybe you can tell me," she said at a Smart People screening on March 31. "I know you're supposed to come up with fake stuff you're doing. But honestly, I'm not doing much." After SNL's hectic pace, isn't downtime nice? "It's starting to get old," she said. "I'm starting to go crazy. I'm ready for a job." The low point came, she said, when last month's Vanity Fair arrived with its cover story on women in comedy, featuring a dozen top comediennes—none of whom was Dratch. "Dude, that was a dark day," she recalled. "I was like, Oh, there's everyone I worked with." She's not picky about her next gig. "I'd work in a black-box theater company at this point," she said. "I'd work with George W."

Poor Rachel I feel bad for her. I also feel bad of how she got screwed with the 30 rock thing.

mp34mp

[58]Apr 7, 2008
    whoaitsconner wrote:

Rachel Dratch is learning it's not funny being an out-of-work comedian. She left Saturday Night Live two years ago and then was replaced on 30 Rock. What's she up to now? "Maybe you can tell me," she said at a Smart People screening on March 31. "I know you're supposed to come up with fake stuff you're doing. But honestly, I'm not doing much." After SNL's hectic pace, isn't downtime nice? "It's starting to get old," she said. "I'm starting to go crazy. I'm ready for a job." The low point came, she said, when last month's Vanity Fair arrived with its cover story on women in comedy, featuring a dozen top comediennes-none of whom was Dratch. "Dude, that was a dark day," she recalled. "I was like, Oh, there's everyone I worked with." She's not picky about her next gig. "I'd work in a black-box theater company at this point," she said. "I'd work with George W."

Poor Rachel I feel bad for her. I also feel bad of how she got screwed with the 30 rock thing.

It was her "friend" Tina Fey that abandoned her. "Friend" Tina had no problems riding Rachel as a toboggan towards SNL and becoming a big star and apparent idol to some fans, and "friend" Tina had no problems luring Rachel into "friend" Tina Fey's SNL-ripoff show and letting Rachel slowly get pushed out of the show.

Speaking of which... there's Rachel on "Frasier" right now, Frasier on his paid romance dating service thing. If Rachel wants to do something, maybe she should become a writer or something.

Edited on 04/07/2008 7:49pm

HelloStuart

[59]Apr 7, 2008
    mp34mp wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

Rachel Dratch is learning it's not funny being an out-of-work comedian. She left Saturday Night Live two years ago and then was replaced on 30 Rock. What's she up to now? "Maybe you can tell me," she said at a Smart People screening on March 31. "I know you're supposed to come up with fake stuff you're doing. But honestly, I'm not doing much." After SNL's hectic pace, isn't downtime nice? "It's starting to get old," she said. "I'm starting to go crazy. I'm ready for a job." The low point came, she said, when last month's Vanity Fair arrived with its cover story on women in comedy, featuring a dozen top comediennes-none of whom was Dratch. "Dude, that was a dark day," she recalled. "I was like, Oh, there's everyone I worked with." She's not picky about her next gig. "I'd work in a black-box theater company at this point," she said. "I'd work with George W."

It was her "friend" Tina Fey that abandoned her. "Friend" Tina had no problems riding Rachel as a toboggan towards SNL and becoming a big star and apparent idol to some fans, and "friend" Tina had no problems luring Rachel into "friend" Tina Fey's SNL-ripoff show and letting Rachel slowly get pushed out of the show.

Speaking of which... there's Rachel on "Frasier" right now, Frasier on his paid romance dating service thing. If Rachel wants to do something, maybe she should become a writer or something.

I'm pretty certain the decision to recast Jenna on "30 Rock" was not Fey's. On the other hand, I'm quite surprised by how Jane Krakowski has grown into the role (pun intended).

Edited on 04/07/2008 9:00pm

mp34mp

[60]Apr 8, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

I'm pretty certain the decision to recast Jenna on "30 Rock" was not Fey's. On the other hand, I'm quite surprised by how Jane Krakowski has grown into the role (pun intended).

Well Jane is at least 100 times hotter than Rachel (is Rachel even considered "mildly attractive"?). Tina at least should have demanded Rachel have at least a small part on the show. It looks real bad from this point of view.