Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

General News & Media Mentions

TheDiamondDog

[61]Apr 8, 2008
    • level: 61

mp34mp wrote:
    Well Jane is at least 100 times hotter than Rachel (is Rachel even considered "mildly attractive"?).

I don't remember where, but there was some ranking of the SNL female castmembers while Rachel was still on, and she was named the least attractive female. It was poll or something. Forum maybe?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[62]Apr 8, 2008
    • level: 63
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

mp34mp wrote:
    Well Jane is at least 100 times hotter than Rachel (is Rachel even considered "mildly attractive"?).

I don't remember where, but there was some ranking of the SNL female castmembers while Rachel was still on, and she was named the least attractive female. It was poll or something. Forum maybe?

I vaguely remember that. It might've been at TV Tome.

whoaitsconner

[63]Apr 8, 2008
    • level: 21
    I don't know where to post this but I think we're having a new best of coming up on the 26th or 3rd.

whoaitsconner

[64]Apr 8, 2008
    April 12 -- Ashton Kutcher/Gnarls Barkley
    xxApril 19 -- Amy Adams/Vampire Weekend

thecomedianky

[65]Apr 8, 2008
    • level: 19
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    19th makes sense...Passover

HelloStuart

[66]Apr 8, 2008
    thecomedianky wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

19th makes sense...Passover

I guess so. I mean, I can think of at least one instance where they had a live show on Purim (3/17/84).

whoaitsconner

[67]Apr 9, 2008

April 19 -- Amy Adams/Vampire Weekend (OAD: 3/8/08 )

xxApril 26 -- Christopher Walken/Panic At The Disco (OAD: 4/5/08 )

xxMay 3 -- Jonah Hill/Mariah Carey (OAD: 3/15/08 )

Edited on 04/09/2008 1:27pm

whoaitsconner

[68]Apr 9, 2008

whoaitsconner wrote:
    I don't know where to post this but I think we're having a new best of coming up on the 26th or 3rd.

Nice call.

HelloStuart

[69]Apr 9, 2008
    whoaitsconner wrote:

whoaitsconner wrote:

Nice call.

Ouch. Conner gets served... by Conner!

TheDiamondDog

[70]Apr 12, 2008
    If it matters, Tina Fey is on the cover of EW.

HelloStuart

[71]Apr 12, 2008
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

I'm nonplussed, and the rest of the forum probably is too, though Mark might have a problem with it.

whoaitsconner

[72]Apr 12, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

I'm nonplussed, and the rest of the forum probably is too, though Mark might have a problem with it.

I was nonplussed with what you meant by nonplussed, so I looked it up.

TheDiamondDog

[73]Apr 12, 2008

whoaitsconner wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    I was nonplussed with what you meant by nonplussed, so I looked it up.

Leave it to Stu to use a word we don't know.

It makes him feel empowered ya know.

mp34mp

[74]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 16

I know this is completely random, but is somehow SNL related. Tonight at 7pm on local channel 48, I just saw an episode of "Square Pegs", a 1982-83 CBS show created by former SNL writer Anne Beatts & starred a young Sarah Jessica Parker. My god, I can see why this was named one of the Top 50 worst shows of all time. Lame-ass setting (high school - puke), full of 1980s materialism and lines like "like omg I almost quit my diet!" and macho bully and love interest garbage, along with a totally fake laugh track that not even a mental patient would laugh with. It was Corny with a capital C, and extremely lame. Makes "Saved By The Bell" look like "Frasier" (tho not really).

Apparently in 1982, everybody wore sunglasses, had rat tails, & headphones on (while fiddling with all 3 at various times) with a walkman, bad clothes and a lifestyle that completely was based on popularity and "cliques". It wasn't even smart at all. It was like a bad 8th grade English writing assignment. Apparently Jami Gertz was in this episode, the mother on that awful CBS 2002-2006 sitcom "Still Standing", where the father (a Cubs fan on the show, no less) was actually a fat British actor named Mark Addy.

Bill Miller, father from 'Still Standing': "Yeah! Go Chicago Sports Club! Can't wait to drink some warm pint lagers near the pub down at the baseball match at Wrigley Stadium! Brian! Fetch me some crumpet from me bloody 'ell vendor!"

HelloStuart

[75]Apr 12, 2008
    mp34mp wrote:
    I know this is completely random, but is somehow SNL related. Tonight at 7pm on local channel 48, I just saw an episode of "Square Pegs", a 1982-83 CBS show created by former SNL writer Anne Beatts & starred a young Sarah Jessica Parker. My god, I can see why this was named one of the Top 50 worst shows of all time. Lame-ass setting (high school - puke), full of 1980s materialism and lines like "like omg I almost quit my diet!" and macho bully and love interest garbage, along with a totally fake laugh track that not even a mental patient would laugh with. It was Corny with a capital C, and extremely lame. Makes "Saved By The Bell" look like "Frasier" (tho not really).

Apparently in 1982, everybody wore sunglasses, had rat tails, & headphones on (while fiddling with all 3 at various times) with a walkman, bad clothes and a lifestyle that completely was based on popularity and "cliques". It wasn't even smart at all. It was like a bad 8th grade English writing assignment. Apparently Jami Gertz was in this episode, the mother on that awful CBS 2002-2006 sitcom "Still Standing."

Jami Gertz also played Gilda Radner in the 2002 telepic based on her autobiography.

As for "Square Pegs"- that was one of those shows that is stuck in its own time. It was about as close to accurately depicting how high school life was until "Freaks & Geeks" (which was light years ahead of Pegs). Plus, if you ever heard any of the drug stories on the set...

Edited on 04/12/2008 8:51pm
    Edited 2 total times.

mp34mp

[76]Apr 12, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:

Apparently in 1982, everybody wore sunglasses, had rat tails, & headphones on (while fiddling with all 3 at various times) with a walkman, bad clothes and a lifestyle that completely was based on popularity and "cliques". It wasn't even smart at all. It was like a bad 8th grade English writing assignment. Apparently Jami Gertz was in this episode, the mother on that awful CBS 2002-2006 sitcom "Still Standing."

Jami Gertz also played Gilda Radner in the 2002 telepic based on her autobiography.

As for "Square Pegs"- that was one of those shows that is stuck in its own time. It was about as close to accurately depicting how high school life was until "Freaks & Geeks" (but not even close). Plus, if you ever heard any of the drug stories on the set...

No I haven't. I watched "Freaks and Geeks" when it was on NBC (I think) back in the day, but Square Pegs is new to me.

avmon

[77]Apr 12, 2008
    mp34mp wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:

As for "Square Pegs"- that was one of those shows that is stuck in its own time. It was about as close to accurately depicting how high school life was until "Freaks & Geeks" (but not even close). Plus, if you ever heard any of the drug stories on the set...

No I haven't. I watched "Freaks and Geeks" when it was on NBC (I think) back in the day, but Square Pegs is new to me.
    I watched a few episodes of that when I was in high school. I remember enjoying them at the time. Bill Murray was in one episode as himself and I still have the one with Father Guido Sarducci on tape (have yet to see it though). By the way, another cast member was the late Merritt Buttrick who was also Captain Kirk's son in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. He would reprise the role in the sequel two years later.
    Edited on 04/12/2008 10:08pm
    Edited 3 total times.

avmon

[78]Apr 12, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

I actually saw the pictures on ew.com. She looks quite stunning in various fashion poses based on, I guess, some '50s photos. They made her look quite glamorous.

avmon

[79]Apr 12, 2008
    avmon wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:

I watched a few episodes of that when I was in high school. I remember enjoying them at the time. Bill Murray was in one episode as himself and I still have the one with Father Guido Sarducci on tape (have yet to see it though). By the way, another cast member was the late Merritt Buttrick who was also Captain Kirk's son in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. He would reprise the role in the sequel two years later.
    By the way, the episode I taped was from TV Land about 5 years ago...

mp34mp

[80]Apr 13, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    "Square Pegs"- that was one of those shows that is stuck in its own time. It was about as close to accurately depicting how high school life was

Wow, that sucks! High school sucked then in 1982! Compared to that, high school in the mid 1990s was a breeze. I didn't have to worry about my clothes, my social image, my haircut (it was normal, just like it should be) or my clique. Tho I was about as anti-school spirit as you could possibly get. "Don't cheer school; burn school to the ground!"