Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

General News & Media Mentions

TheDiamondDog

[81]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 61

avmon wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    If it matters, Tina Fey is on the cover of EW.
    I'm nonplussed, and the rest of the forum probably is too, though Mark might have a problem with it.
    I actually saw the pictures on ew.com. She looks quite stunning in various fashion poses based on, I guess, some '50s photos. They made her look quite glamorous.

I was so surprised. I'm gonna go on a limb and say those images were pry Photo Shopped. But she did look nice in those pics. When my mom saw the one with her in the dancer's outfit, she went, "Wow. I can't believe that's Tina Fey. She actually looks good in this."

I know this isn't SNL related, but I saw something that said Oprah is gonna be on 30 Rock.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[82]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 63

POST #20,500!

mp34mp wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    "Square Pegs"- that was one of those shows that is stuck in its own time. It was about as close to accurately depicting how high school life was...

Wow, that sucks! High school sucked then in 1982! Compared to that, high school in the mid 1990s was a breeze. I didn't have to worry about my clothes, my social image, my haircut (it was normal, just like it should be) or my clique. Tho I was about as anti-school spirit as you could possibly get. "Don't cheer school; burn school to the ground!"

I was more like "Yay! Geographical convinience!"

By the way, you cut off my quote. I was saying "Freaks & Geeks" was far more accurate than "Pegs," but at the time Beatts' show was the most realistic.

Edited on 04/13/2008 6:18pm

thecomedianky

[83]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 19
    Several alumni and a few of the current cast were featured last night during Night of Too Many Stars.

whoaitsconner

[84]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 21
    May 6 (Tuesday) - The Best of Molly Shannon

TheDiamondDog

[85]Apr 15, 2008

Amy's in TV Guide. I think the one for next week. It has lots of LOST stuff in it.

whoaitsconner

[86]Apr 15, 2008
    I didn't know where to put this, and I didn't want to ressurect the old discussion thread, since it is like a year and a half old, but I just watched the original air of the Jaime Pressley/Corrinne Bailey Rae show, and boy, other than the show being highly mediocre, the technical stuff was just sloppy. They had like 5 technical errors in the first 15 minutes of the show.

bry456

[87]Apr 16, 2008
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/books/04/15/books.jack.handey.ap/index.html

At least Jack Handy is keeping busy these days.

New fact just learned:

Handy wrote the 'Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer' sketches

HelloStuart

[88]Apr 16, 2008

bry456 wrote:
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/books/04/15/books.jack.handey.ap/index.html

At least Jack Handey is keeping busy these days.

New fact just learned: Handey wrote the 'Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer' sketches.

Jack is also a frequent contributor to The New Yorker. He had an essay published in the mag about three weeks ago.

EDIT: The article was an excerpt from the book. Close enough.

Edited on 04/16/2008 1:21pm

whoaitsconner

[89]Apr 16, 2008
    May 13 (Tuesday) The Best of Christopher Walken.

thecomedianky

[90]Apr 17, 2008

Andy speaks to Hillel students at Northwestern.

The conversation continued with questions about Samberg's career, sense of humor and personal life, along with several more clips of his work. Samberg said he started out by moving to Los Angeles after college with writers and longtime friends, creating their own videos at a time when the Internet wasn't used much for posting creative work.

He also denied rumors that his contract states he can't cut his famous curly hair while on SNL.

"Lorne (Michaels, SNL creator) has been begging me to shave my head," Samberg said. "He said, 'You look like a retard.' Really, he said that."

Samberg briefly addressed the topic of being a Jewish comedian. He suggested Hillel bring Mel Brooks as its next Jewish speaker. When asked about his plans for the upcoming Passover holiday, Samberg put on a serious face and said, "I'm going to steal the Declaration of Independence. … There's a treasure map on it."

Halfway through the show, a member of the audience ran to the stage, screaming "Andy, I love you," and threw a package at his feet. Samberg started to read the enclosed letter after the audience insisted.

"You guys, it's actually just normal and sweet. … WHAT? Is that even legal in this state?" he said.

The audience member, Communication senior Kat Palardy, later had the chance to ask Samberg, "Is it lonely being famous?" After staring in mock disbelief for about 20 seconds, Samberg asked if she would marry him.

After the show, Palardy was invited to the afterparty. She said the package contained a DVD of her own stand-up comedy.

"It was more of a conversation than I ever imagined I'd actually have with Andy Samberg," Palardy said.

At times, Samberg broke out of the question-and-answer format to interact with audience members and even poke fun at them.

"Oh, this fireside chat format suits us," he said in a mocking manner.

At the end, the discussion was opened up to questions from the audience.

Samberg avoided a real answer when asked about his love life. He claimed to be involved with the entire cast of Cirque de Soleil, Ryan Seacrest, Snoopy and even Hillary Clinton.

"You probably have heard the rumors, and yes, it's true, Hillary Clinton and I. It's steamy. We do things to each other you would not believe," he said.

mp34mp

[91]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 16
    thecomedianky wrote:

Andy speaks to Hillel students at Northwestern.

The conversation continued with questions about Samberg's career, sense of humor and personal life, along with several more clips of his work. Samberg said he started out by moving to Los Angeles after college with writers and longtime friends, creating their own videos at a time when the Internet wasn't used much for posting creative work.

He also denied rumors that his contract states he can't cut his famous curly hair while on SNL.

"Lorne (Michaels, SNL creator) has been begging me to shave my head," Samberg said. "He said, 'You look like a retard Really, he said that."

Samberg briefly addressed the topic of being a Jewish comedian. He suggested Hillel bring Mel Brooks as its next Jewish speaker. When asked about his plans for the upcoming Passover holiday, Samberg put on a serious face and said, "I'm going to steal the Declaration of Independence. … There's a treasure map on it."

Halfway through the show, a member of the audience ran to the stage, screaming "Andy, I love you," and threw a package at his feet. Samberg started to read the enclosed letter after the audience insisted.

"You guys, it's actually just normal and sweet. … WHAT? Is that even legal in this state?" he said.

The audience member, Communication senior Kat Palardy, later had the chance to ask Samberg, "Is it lonely being famous?" After staring in mock disbelief for about 20 seconds, Samberg asked if she would marry him.

After the show, Palardy was invited to the afterparty. She said the package contained a DVD of her own stand-up comedy.

"It was more of a conversation than I ever imagined I'd actually have with Andy Samberg," Palardy said.

At times, Samberg broke out of the question-and-answer format to interact with audience members and even poke fun at them.

"Oh, this fireside chat format suits us," he said in a mocking manner.

At the end, the discussion was opened up to questions from the audience.

Samberg avoided a real answer when asked about his love life. He claimed to be involved with the entire cast of Cirque de Soleil, Ryan Seacrest, Snoopy and even Hillary Clinton.

"You probably have heard the rumors, and yes, it's true, Hillary Clinton and I. It's steamy. We do things to each other you would not believe," he said.

Somewhere in Wisconsin, Mel's keyboard is taking the beating of a lifetime. It never had a chance.

TheDiamondDog

[92]Apr 18, 2008

Interesting read.

The end part where he was joking made me laugh. But if Samberg supports Hillary, that'd totally make my day.

HelloStuart

[93]Apr 18, 2008
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    But if Samberg "supports" Hillary, that'd totally make my day.

Ew! Ew! Ew! Ewwww!

Edited on 04/18/2008 2:43pm

TheDiamondDog

[94]Apr 19, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

Ew! Ew! Ew! Ewwww!

Ya gotta make it dirty, don't ya Stu?

HelloStuart

[95]Apr 19, 2008
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

Ew! Ew! Ew! Ewwww!

Ya gotta make it dirty, don't ya Stu?

What do you mean? He's the one who admitted to boinking Senator Clinton. On the other hand, at least she finally has an edge on Bubba...

thecomedianky

[96]Apr 22, 2008

Casey Wilson is already lining up feature projects.

At present, Wilson has a lot on her plate. Aside from her regular gig on Saturday Night Live, she is also working on the script of Bride Wars, a romantic comedy which stars Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway. Additionally, Wilson and co-writer and frequent partner-in-comedy June Raphael will both take small roles in the film.

On top of that, Wilson will also be getting some screen time Meryl Streep and Amy Adams in Nora Ephron's new flick, Julie & Julia, which centers on Julia and Paul Child through Julia Child's memoir, My Life in France.

TheDiamondDog

[97]Apr 22, 2008

Her career is going pretty well.

I read on that TV on the bus that Baby Mama is gonna premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival. Or, is gonna open it. Something like that.

HelloStuart

[98]Apr 22, 2008
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

Her career is going pretty well.

I read on that TV on the bus that Baby Mama is gonna premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival. Or, is gonna open it. Something like that.

Kind of an odd choice, but I'll go with it.

HelloStuart

[99]Apr 23, 2008

A recent interview with Casey Rose Wilson:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24113470/

Water78

[100]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 47
    INteresting the bear from Semi-Pro killed his trainer by bitting him on the neck.. To bad the bear didnt make the movie interesting