Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

General News & Media Mentions

mp34mp

[101]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 16
    Water78 wrote:
    INteresting the bear from Semi-Pro killed his trainer by bitting him on the neck.. To bad the bear didnt make the movie interesting

You know that avatar of yours is a 76, not a 78.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bry456

[102]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 19
    On Rachel Ray, Regis just said he enjoyed Dana Carvey's impression of him. They even showed old 2-second footage of Carvey as Philbin.

HelloStuart

[103]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 63
    bry456 wrote:
    On Rachel Ray, Regis just said he enjoyed Dana Carvey's impression of him. They even showed old 2-second footage of Carvey as Philbin.

Dana Carvey wrote:
    Woo-hoo! Another ten-cent royalty check!

bry456

[104]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 19
    Dana Carvey wrote:
    Woo-hoo! Another ten-cent royalty check!

Mike Myers isn't too far behind.
    Edited on 04/25/2008 1:51pm

whoaitsconner

[105]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 21
    wow. its awkward getting back into this forum. 37 posts in like every forum!

whoaitsconner

[106]Apr 27, 2008
    Finally a believer http://www.maximumfun.org/blog/2008/04/saturday-night-live-has-always-been.html
    Edited on 04/27/2008 7:24pm

mp34mp

[107]Apr 27, 2008
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    Finally a believer http://www.maximumfun.org/blog/2008/04/saturday-night-live-has-always-been.html

I really don't like most of that article. The show clearly can be divided into strong, great, average, weak, no write/act or writer / no act, or just plain awful. If you're telling me a 1978 episode was as good (or bad) as a 1980, 1985, 1994, 1997 or 2003, well that's just b.s. I tend to agree with most of the comments on there.

HelloStuart

[108]Apr 27, 2008
    whoaitsconner wrote:

Oh yeah, how was Disney World?

avmon

[109]Apr 27, 2008
    mp34mp wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

I really don't like most of that article. The show clearly can be divided into strong, great, average, weak, no write/act or writer / no act, or just plain awful. If you're telling me a 1978 episode was as good (or bad) as a 1980, 1985, 1994, 1997 or 2003, well that's just b.s. I tend to agree with most of the comments on there.
    I agreed with the comment that said, "SNL is still on the air because of (Eddie Murphy)." I've always thought that had not Doumainian, and later Ebersol, not utilized the recent high school graduate from Roosevelt, New York, SNL would probably have died and stayed such by that time with SCTV replacing it instead of "The Midnight Special" on Fridays (That show would probably have evolved into "Friday Night Videos" two years later instead of simply Ebersol using that show to replace SCTV by then).

whoaitsconner

[110]Apr 28, 2008
    http://www.celebrity-babies.com/2008/04/rumor-amy-poehl.html#comments

Gap1 Lainey Gossip reports that SNL funnywoman Amy Poehler, 36, and her husband, Arrested Development's Will Arnett, 37, may be expecting an addition to their family. Sources told Lainey that the Baby Mama star has quit smoking and "wasn't feeling well" at SNL rehearsals a few weeks ago. Amy has apparently shared the news with friends and colleagues, but has yet to confirm publicly.

Photos from the Baby Mama premiere last evening or Amy's TRL appearance on Tuesday aren't exactly nipping the rumor in the bud either!

Will and Amy have been married almost five years.

HelloStuart

[111]Apr 28, 2008
    whoaitsconner wrote:

Gap1 Lainey Gossip reports that SNL funnywoman Amy Poehler, 36, and her husband, Arrested Development's Will Arnett, 37, may be expecting an addition to their family. Sources told Lainey that the Baby Mama star has quit smoking and "wasn't feeling well" at SNL rehearsals a few weeks ago. Amy has apparently shared the news with friends and colleagues, but has yet to confirm publicly.

Photos from the Baby Mama premiere last evening or Amy's TRL appearance on Tuesday aren't exactly nipping the rumor in the bud either!

Wanna bet Water78 is going to the baby shower?

I was thinking of establishing a new rule: when posting a link, don't cut and paste the entire article into the post- it's completely redundant. Just say what the article's about in one sentence, then give the link. Does that work for anybody?

whoaitsconner

[112]Apr 28, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

I was thinking of establishing a new rule: when posting a link, don't cut and paste the entire article into the post- it's completely redundant. Just say what the article's about in one sentence, then give the link. Does that work for anybody?

Sure. I'm glad she quit smoking.

mp34mp

[113]Apr 28, 2008
    avmon wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

I agreed with the comment that said, "SNL is still on the air because of (Eddie Murphy)." I've always thought that had not Doumainian, and later Ebersol, not utilized the recent high school graduate from Roosevelt, New York, SNL would probably have died and stayed such by that time with SCTV replacing it instead of "The Midnight Special" on Fridays (That show would probably have evolved into "Friday Night Videos" two years later instead of simply Ebersol using that show to replace SCTV by then).

Yeah, whatever happened to Friday Night Videos? That was like the cheapskate's version of MTV. I don't know if SNL would had been replaced in the early 1980s, I'd assume NBC won that time spot every week.

mp34mp

[114]Apr 28, 2008
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

Oh yeah, how was Disney World?

Man that'a a piece of Hell on Earth right there. It's like McDonalds on steriods & HGH. I bet there's vomit everywhere. If I ever have kids and they want to go to Disney World, I'm going to drive past a burned down warehouse and say, "Oh no, Disney World burned down!" (Thank you, Jack Handey). Yeah, I'd use that trick a lot.

Water78

[115]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 47
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

ugh just what we need an ego filled horomoail or how ever u spell it. IDk i dont remember ever going by that. Its a 78 not 76!

HelloStuart

[116]Apr 28, 2008
    mp34mp wrote:
    avmon wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

Yeah, whatever happened to Friday Night Videos? That was like the cheapskate's version of MTV. I don't know if SNL would had been replaced in the early 1980s, I'd assume NBC won that time spot every week.

NBC cancelled the show in 1987, then expanded Letterman to five days a week.

algetrig91

[117]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 34
    whoaitsconner wrote:

This might affect her coming back next season.

whoaitsconner

[118]Apr 28, 2008
    algetrig91 wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

This might affect her coming back next season.

Yeah, it probably will. That's what I was thinking.

whoaitsconner

[119]Apr 28, 2008

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20195873,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

It's been confirmed. Amy is pregnant.

Edited on 04/28/2008 3:34pm

TheDiamondDog

[120]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 61

Wow. Congrats to Amy.

Hmm, I wonder what the chances that her child being like that one annoying lil girl (Catlin?). Overactive.

Anyone know how far along she is?

And who do we think will take her place on Update?