Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

General News & Media Mentions

Hennes81

[2029]Jul 24, 2013
    • level: 5

If you still thought it wasn't true...

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/07/24/jason-sudekis-announces-he-is-leaving-saturday-night-live-tonight-on-late-show-with-david-letterman/193855/

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JustinRAn

[2030]Jul 24, 2013
    • level: 12
    Hennes81 wrote:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/07/24/jason-sudekis-announces-he-is-leaving-saturday-night-live-tonight-on-late-show-with-david-letterman/193855/

Just curious, Does anyone care about Jason maybe leaving anymore? Lorne better start doing some hiring, There's only 4 white guys in the cast and 1 of them is hosting update.

mrjimmyjames

[2031]Jul 24, 2013
    • level: 7

JustinRAn wrote:
    Hennes81 wrote:

Just curious, Does anyone care about Jason maybe leaving anymore? Lorne better start doing some hiring, There's only 4 white guys in the cast and 1 of them is hosting update.

Nope, just tired of him wavering about the decision. At least now it's behind us.

Ruckhappy

[2032]Jul 25, 2013
    • level: 8

JustinRAn wrote:

Your view of the show is Neolithic. There's no reason that SNL needs more than 3-4 white guys in the cast.

JustinRAn

[2033]Jul 26, 2013
    The Recent season had 6-7 white guys

HelloStuart

[2034]Jul 27, 2013
    • level: 63
    JustinRAn wrote:
    The recent season had 6-7 white guys.

Twenty years ago, there were nearly a dozen. I don't think the show should be confined to precedent, though I'm curious to see how diverse the cast becomes in the next few years.

JustinRAn

[2035]Jul 27, 2013
    HelloStuart wrote:
    JustinRAn wrote:

Twenty years ago, there were nearly a dozen. I don't think the show should be confined to precedent, though I'm curious to see how diverse the cast becomes in the next few years.

Can't forget Season 20. 11 White Guys for the Jeff Daniels' Episode.

mrjimmyjames

[2037]Jul 27, 2013
    • level: 7

JustinRAn wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    JustinRAn wrote:

Yeah, exactly why hasn't the show ever averaged more than two African American cast members? Seems to me they're losing out by not doing that. Eddie Murphy is often referred to as the greatest SNL player ever. Does Lorne somehow think he's going to lose viewers?

JustinRAn

[2038]Jul 28, 2013
    mrjimmyjames wrote:

JustinRAn wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    JustinRAn wrote:

Yeah, exactly why hasn't the show ever averaged more than two African American cast members? Seems to me they're losing out by not doing that. Eddie Murphy is often referred to as the greatest SNL player ever. Does Lorne somehow think he's going to lose viewers?

Maybe the writers don't know how to write sketches for African Americans? Tim Meadows said he's never been in more than 4 sketches in a show. Look at Obama for example; It took Lorne/NBC 5 Years to cast a Black Actor as Obama.

avmon

[2039]Jul 28, 2013
    • level: 16

[/QUOTE] Eddie Murphy is often referred to as the greatest SNL player ever. Does Lorne somehow think he's going to lose viewers?

[/QUOTE] An ironic statement considering Lorne had nothing to do with him...

JustinRAn

[2041]Jul 29, 2013
    avmon wrote:

Eddie Murphy is often referred to as the greatest SNL player ever. Does Lorne somehow think he's going to lose viewers?

[/QUOTE] An ironic statement considering Lorne had nothing to do with him...

[/QUOTE]

Too a small degree, Lorne did. Had Lorne not given Ebersol his approval, Eddie would most likely not have been a movie actor cause SNL wouldn't have jumpstarted his career.

avmon

[2042]Jul 29, 2013
    JustinRAn wrote:
    avmon wrote:

Eddie Murphy is often referred to as the greatest SNL player ever. Does Lorne somehow think he's going to lose viewers?

An ironic statement considering Lorne had nothing to do with him...

[/QUOTE]

Too a small degree, Lorne did. Had Lorne not given Ebersol his approval, Eddie would most likely not have been a movie actor cause SNL wouldn't have jumpstarted his career.[/QUOTE]Good point, JustinRAn.

JustinRAn

[2043]Jul 29, 2013
    Apparently Anne Hathaway keeps pissing people off when she hosts. First Katie Holmes (Which I still don't get) and now Claire Danes (Which I thought was pretty funny)

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/claire-danes-gets-revenge-on-anne-hathaway-for-that--snl---homeland--parody-011819088.html

Am I the only one who wants Claire to host SNL now?

Royce7815

[2045]Jul 31, 2013
    • level: 3

rishabhpb wrote:
    JustinRAn wrote:
    Apparently Anne Hathaway keeps pissing people off when she hosts. First Katie Holmes (Which I still don't get) and now Claire Danes (Which I thought was pretty funny) http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/claire-danes-gets-revenge-on-anne-hathaway-for-that--snl---homeland--parody-011819088.html Am I the only one who wants Claire to host SNL now?
    That article doesn't give the slightest hint that Danes was pissed.
    And even if she was, Who cares? They act like they are the only one's who are imitated on the show.

HelloStuart

[2047]Sep 1, 2013

I'll have to double-check with Saturday Net to make sure, but I think last night's Manning/Underwood encore was only the third SNL broadcast to be repeated four times. (Yes, there's a Five Airings Club.)

Also, a Year 32 repeat in 2013? How about that...

Edited on 09/01/2013 8:57pm

JustinRAn

[2048]Sep 3, 2013
    Did anyone catch the Roast of James Franco? It was really funny. Bill was good and Andy did a Norm MacDonald impression. Sarah did a jab at Lorne Michael's, and Seth repeated a joke from the Bob Saget roast. The roast was 1000% better than the Rosanne Roast last year.

avmon

[2051]Sep 10, 2013
    Just found out on tvguide.com that Maya Rudolph and Paul Thomas Anderson's fourth child was born today joining Pearl, 7, Lucille, 3, and Jack, 2, in the family. Congrats to them!

HelloStuart

[2052]Sep 15, 2013
    avmon wrote:
    Just found out on tvguide.com that Maya Rudolph and Paul Thomas Anderson's fourth child was born today joining Pearl, 7, Lucille, 3, and Jack, 2, in the family. Congrats to them!

For those of you keeping track, that's six new featured players and four Maya babies.

Hennes81

[2053]Sep 24, 2013
    • level: 5

After winning 3 Primetime Emmy Awards this year (Directing, Art Direction, Hairstyling) SNL has won 40 Emmy Awards - more than any other series.

The other most honored shows are Frasier (37), Mary Tyler Moore Show (29), Cheers (28 ) and The West Wing (27).

Sources:
    http://eonline.com/news/462091/saturday-night-live-surpasses-frasier-s-record-for-emmy-wins
    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/top-lists/primetime-emmy-award-winners-top-tv-shows-of-all-time/

Edited on 09/24/2013 6:19am

Ruckhappy

[2054]Sep 24, 2013
    • level: 8

Yeah, but it's been on the air for 38 seasons so it should have won a pile of Emmys over the years Actually, SNL has been getting jobbed by how it is categorized for Emmy nominations. Putting it up against The Daily Show is unfair.