Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Have an SNL question? Ask Stu!

HelloStuart

[21]Sep 22, 2007
    • level: 63
    geraldo44 wrote:
    How do I obtain past episodes of SNL. I would really like either a video or a transcript of Episode #504, Season #26 (5/12/01) the Masterpiece Theatre "Scarlet Letter" sketch with Will Ferrell. Is there any possiblity of purchasing this somewhere?

I really wish I could help you, but I don't know anyone that sells bootleg tapes of old SNL episodes... at least not anymore.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[22]Sep 22, 2007
    Water78 wrote:

What would you say is the reason why Amy is sticking around for?

Because she's probably one of the most versatile actresses the show has ever seen, on top of being one of the most consistently funny cast members of the last five years or so. I'm taking it that you're not an Amy fan?

Water78

[23]Sep 22, 2007
    • level: 47
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Water78 wrote:

What would you say is the reason why Amy is sticking around for?

Because she's probably one of the most versatile actresses the show has ever seen, on top of being one of the most consistently funny cast members of the last five years or so. I'm taking it that you're not an Amy fan?

That and SNL is beneath what she can do.I think if she left it would probably be the best thing she did for her future.

mp34mp

[24]Sep 22, 2007
    • level: 16
    The odd thing is, Amy had a career before SNL. I think it's just her big ego that's keeping her on the show. Amy is just so obnoxious at times.

HelloStuart

[25]Sep 22, 2007

mp34mp wrote:
    The odd thing is, Amy had a career before SNL. I think it's just her big ego that's keeping her on the show. Amy is just so obnoxious at times.

Amy did have a career before SNL, but in 2000 she was a passible character actress. Now she's the go-to character actress. It's one of those monkeys-scratching-each-other's-backs sort of thing.

As for being obnoxious- well, the same could be said for Gilda Radner or Robin Duke.

Edited on 09/22/2007 4:01pm

TheDiamondDog

[26]Sep 22, 2007
    • level: 61

mp34mp wrote:

She did? Really? I did not know that. Exactly what was she doing?

Woodstein

[27]Sep 22, 2007
    • level: 14
    Amy's Kim Jong Il non-impression from the Reilly/MCR show and her Britney Spears non-impression from the Baldwin/Aguleria show would definitely qualify as obnoxious, but that was only because she was given horrible material that didn't play to her strengths. Anyone can be annoying if they're given the wrong role.

thecomedianky

[28]Sep 22, 2007
    • level: 19
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

mp34mp wrote:

Yes. Amy was a member of the Upright Citizens Brigade. In the late 90's, they had a sketch comedy show on Comedy Central.

TheDiamondDog

[29]Sep 22, 2007
    thecomedianky wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

mp34mp wrote:

Yes. Amy was a member of the Upright Citizens Brigade. In the late 90's, they had a sketch comedy show on Comedy Central.

I caught that a few times. She was okay I thought.

HelloStuart

[30]Sep 23, 2007
    thecomedianky wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

mp34mp wrote:

She was also in "Deuce Bigalow, Male Gigolo."

evildevil97

[31]Sep 23, 2007
    • level: 26
    It's been over a decade since SNL started to decline in quality. When will it finally get better?

TheDiamondDog

[32]Sep 23, 2007
    HelloStuart wrote:
    thecomedianky wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

mp34mp wrote:

Was the the lady that fell asleep at dinner? I just remember that blonde chick from the previews.

Water78

[33]Sep 23, 2007
    • level: 47
    evildevil97 wrote:
    It's been over a decade since SNL started to decline in quality. When will it finally get better?

I say the show began to go down around the time season 25 ended. I think Cheri left too soon and Rachel and Maya werent good to replace her.And with Fallon starting to be everywere.I should saw Ferrell too but he was actaully good for a while. Mango rests in shame

HelloStuart

[34]Sep 23, 2007
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    thecomedianky wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

mp34mp wrote:

Was the the lady that fell asleep at dinner? I just remember that blonde chick from the previews.

Actually, she was the lady with Tourette's syndrome.

HelloStuart

[35]Sep 23, 2007
    evildevil97 wrote:

All I can say is: your opinion, not mine. SNL is, has been, and always will be uneven in nature. Even during the glory days of the early '90s there was always at least one bad sketch an episode. That really hasn't changed. After all, why do you think the syndicated repeats are trimmed down to an hour? To gloss over what didn't work.

JerrySteveDave

[36]Sep 24, 2007
    • level: 6
    Have you seen the trailer for Southland Tales? Does this mean the long-awaited Cheri Oteri comeback begins this winter?

HelloStuart

[37]Sep 24, 2007

JerrySteveDave wrote:
    Have you seen the trailer for Southland Tales? Does this mean the long-awaited Cheri Oteri comeback begins this winter?

Colette Reardon in a post-apocalyptic action-thriller? To me, her role seems like a bit part (ditto for Jon Lovitz). I think she's still missing the boat here.

evildevil97

[38]Sep 24, 2007
    • level: 26
    HelloStuart wrote:
    evildevil97 wrote:

All I can say is: your opinion, not mine. SNL is, has been, and always will be uneven in nature. Even during the glory days of the early '90s there was always at least one bad sketch an episode. That really hasn't changed. After all, why do you think the syndicated repeats are trimmed down to an hour? To gloss over what didn't work.
    To be honest, I was just curious on how you'd answer a highly biased question like that. (I still feel that when Phil Hartman left the show, it started to go downhill, but I'm well aware that's nothing more than opinion)

HelloStuart

[39]Sep 24, 2007
    evildevil97 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    evildevil97 wrote:

To be honest, I was just curious on how you'd answer a highly biased question like that. (I still feel that when Phil Hartman left the show, it started to go downhill, but I'm well aware that's nothing more than opinion)

Oh, alright. Either way, you're still entitled to your opinion.

thecomedianky

[40]Sep 24, 2007
    • level: 19
    HelloStuart wrote:
    thecomedianky wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

mp34mp wrote:

That doesn't count. Does it?