Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Have an SNL question? Ask Stu!

avmon

[2079]Sep 21, 2014
    • level: 16

kenkenfreak wrote:

Hi Stu, I'm hoping you can help.... I have been looking quite some time now for a particular SNL episode that contains a hilarious ice cream parlor sketch. It goes like this...

Belushi is the server at a ice cream parlor, and a couple walk up to get an ice cream cone. Each time Belushi goes to get their ice cream cone, he stops and asks yet one more question. Chocolate or vanilla? One or two scoops? etc etc until finally he has enough info to make the cone. Then Belushi turns around and and sheepishly asks "sugar or waffle cone?", all eyes are on the couple who freeze up. Sirens go off like it's an air raid, the light display goes on/off, ending with Belushi breaking a bunch of light bulbs until the couple finally answer the question.

I can't remember if it was John Belushi, Jim Belushi, I'm getting old maybe it wasn't Belushi at all - before I lose my mind completely please help!

KenKenFreak

I remembered that filmed bit and I know it was Jim Belushi. I also remembered it aired during the 1983-84 season, possibly near the end of the season. Billy Crystal may have been the host with Al Jarreau as the musical guest. I had last seen this during "The Eddie Murphy Experience" marathon on Comedy Central during the '90s when Murphy appeared in some in-between-breaks promos talking about his SNL experience during the time Beverly Hills Cop III was coming out...

Edited on 09/21/2014 10:17am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2080]Sep 21, 2014
    • level: 63
    avmon wrote:

kenkenfreak wrote:

Hi Stu, I'm hoping you can help.... I have been looking quite some time now for a particular SNL episode that contains a hilarious ice cream parlor sketch. It goes like this...

Belushi is the server at a ice cream parlor, and a couple walk up to get an ice cream cone. Each time Belushi goes to get their ice cream cone, he stops and asks yet one more question. Chocolate or vanilla? One or two scoops? etc etc until finally he has enough info to make the cone. Then Belushi turns around and and sheepishly asks "sugar or waffle cone?", all eyes are on the couple who freeze up. Sirens go off like it's an air raid, the light display goes on/off, ending with Belushi breaking a bunch of light bulbs until the couple finally answer the question.

I can't remember if it was John Belushi, Jim Belushi, I'm getting old maybe it wasn't Belushi at all - before I lose my mind completely please help!

KenKenFreak

I remembered that filmed bit and I know it was Jim Belushi. I also remembered it aired during the 1983-84 season, possibly near the end of the season. Billy Crystal may have been the host with Al Jarreau as the musical guest. I had last seen this during "The Eddie Murphy Experience" marathon on Comedy Central during the '90s when Murphy appeared in some in-between-breaks promos talking about his SNL experience during the time Beverly Hills Cop III was coming out...

Yeah, it was definitely Jim Belushi, not his older brother. It was "Cone or Cup," which didn't appear in a live show but replaced other filmed sketches in repeats. It was produced during Year 9 and repeated several times in the summers of 1984 and 1985.

kenkenfreak

[2081]Sep 22, 2014
    • level: 1
    WOW. This info was not easily available on the internet, I've tried. Thanks avmon and Stu you guys are the greatest, I got my answer and more.

Psy4potato

[2082]Nov 5, 2014
    • level: 10
    Hi Stu,

Quick Question: The 'Women in the Work Place' sketch with Cecily and Kate....was that recurred from last season? I could have sworn I've seen another one of the those sketches.....it was my favorite sketch of the Chris Rock episode, but I'd love to google the other one I just can't find the episode it was in (unless I'm way off and there wasn't another one of those).

Thanks in advance!

Ruckhappy

[2083]Nov 7, 2014
    • level: 9

Repeated from the Melissa McCarthy episode two seasons ago: http://snltranscripts.jt.org/12/12qart.phtml.

HelloStuart

[2084]Nov 7, 2014
    • level: 63
    Ruckhappy wrote:

Repeated from the Melissa McCarthy episode two seasons ago: http://snltranscripts.jt.org/12/12qart.phtml.

Additionally, Taran reprised his character from the previous sketch.

Psy4potato

[2085]12 days ago
    • level: 10
    Thank you both!

Royce7815

[2086]12 days ago
    • level: 4

HelloStuart wrote:
    Ruckhappy wrote:

Additionally, Taran reprised his character from the previous sketch.

I think he just reprised that awsome sweater.

Edited on 11/13/2014 8:18am