Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Have an SNL question? Ask Stu!

Hennes81

[1998]Jun 27, 2013
    • level: 6

rishabhpb wrote:
    But Bridesmaids was better than Fever Pitch.

Maybe it's because I'm a fan of Nick Hornby's books but I really liked the US version of Fever Pitch. Bridesmaides worked for me but wasn't that good as it was acclaimed by the critics. So I would disagree with your thesis.

But I'm not trying to ruin this weak Wiig hatred: Bridesmaides was better than Jimmys 'Taxi'.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2000]Jul 1, 2013
    • level: 63

JustinRAn wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    JustinRAn wrote:
    Which of these was the best hosting of former cast members: Will Ferrell's 3rd Hosting, Kristen Wiig's Hosting, Jimmy Fallon's Hosting.

Fallon's show, I suppose.

I just wanted to hear you say it. Sorry.

No worries, though I don't understand the obsession.

Also, this has gone on for 2,000 posts?

Edited on 07/01/2013 10:09pm

JustinRAn

[2001]Jul 2, 2013
    • level: 12
    HelloStuart wrote:

JustinRAn wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    JustinRAn wrote:
    Which of these was the best hosting of former cast members: Will Ferrell's 3rd Hosting, Kristen Wiig's Hosting, Jimmy Fallon's Hosting.

Fallon's show, I suppose.

I just wanted to hear you say it. Sorry.

Also, this has gone on for 2,000 posts?

I just wanted you to admit that Fallon's hosting was better than Wiig's

Ruckhappy

[2002]Jul 2, 2013
    • level: 9

HelloStuart wrote:

Evidently you don't speak Fruit-Loop, Stu.

JustinRAn

[2003]Jul 25, 2013
    Stu, Who do you think will be the new go-to cast member(Like Hader/Wiig/Hartman/Ferrell/Etc.)? I'd bank on McKinnon/Taran personally.

Also, who do you think will host Update when Seth leaves?

HelloStuart

[2004]Jul 25, 2013
    JustinRAn wrote:
    Stu, Who do you think will be the new go-to cast member (like Hader/Wiig/Hartman/Ferrell/Etc.)? I'd bank on McKinnon/Taran personally.

Also, who do you think will host Update when Seth leaves?

I'm leaning toward Taran or Bobby.

As for Update, that's anyone's guess. My best assumption is that it'll be a writer.

Pulch23

[2005]Sep 4, 2013
    • level: 7

Has there ever been an accident where a performer was injured during the show. I know about the incident where Belushi cut Buck Henry's forehead during the samurai sketch, but have there been others?

Ruckhappy

[2006]Sep 4, 2013

Chevy's famous ballbuster pratfall immediately comes to mind. They almost (but didn't, more's the pity) drop a set flat on Justin Bieber last season. I have a vague memory of there being an incident with a prop fire in the early days.

avmon

[2007]Sep 5, 2013
    • level: 17
    Only accidents I can think of are minor ones: like Eddie Murphy cracking up about being on live television after being pelted in the face with food (presumably by Joe Piscopo) or Piscopo's pants inadvertently falling down while performing as Curly in the "Three Stooges Defense Class" sketch which he then decides to do again that second!

JustinRAn

[2008]Sep 5, 2013
    Didn't Gilda crack her ribs during the Judy Miller show? I think Molly Shannon did too during her Mary Katherine Gallagher with Pepper Potts

HelloStuart

[2009]Sep 10, 2013
    JustinRAn wrote:
    Didn't Gilda crack her ribs during the Judy Miller show? I think Molly Shannon did too during her Mary Katherine Gallagher with Pepper Potts

In both cases, bruised ribs. Also, Chris Parnell slipped and fell in a sketch in Year 26.

JustinRAn

[2010]Sep 10, 2013
    HelloStuart wrote:
    JustinRAn wrote:

In both cases, bruised ribs. Also, Chris Parnell slipped and fell in a sketch in Year 26.

And Chris Kattan in that Jackass/Golden Girls sketch on the Lara Flynn Boyle episode.

khidaka1

[2012]Sep 15, 2013
    • level: 2

Hey Stu.

I hear that Cecily Strong has been picked to co-anchor Weekend Update with Seth Meyers. I wonder if Cecily Strong will still be able to perform in some of the regular sketches, while adjusting to her role as co-anchor of Weekend Update.

I notice that some of the cast members who were co-anchors on SNL's Weekend Update also got to perform in some of the regular sketches, so I'm pretty sure we'll still see Cecily Strong perform in some of the regular sketches, while she adjusts to her role on Weekend Update.

Edited on 09/16/2013 12:07am

JustinRAn

[2013]Sep 16, 2013
    You answered your own question. Providing she isn't promoted to head writer, She'll be in as many if not more sketches than usual.

khidaka1

[2014]Sep 16, 2013

I don't know if anyone has mentioned the possibility of Kat Denningshosting SNLthis season, but I hear she's been knocking on the door for quite awhile. and I feel like this could finally be THE year Kat Dennings hosts SNL.

She's the star of my favorite tv show Two Broke Girls, and if and whenher time to host comes, I guarantee she'll blend invery well with the cast of Saturday Night Live.

Is it possible we might be seeing Kat Dennings host Saturday Night Live this season?Fingers crossed on her 1st appearance.

Ruckhappy

[2015]Sep 16, 2013

I wouldn't get my hopes up about Dennings:

--She's on a hit show for a competing network. Sure, Melissa McCarthy has hosted twice but she was friends with Kristin Wiig and had movies to push.

--2 Broke Girls kinda sucks. Specifically, the writing is terrible, so it's a poor showcase for how Dennings can play comedy. Which she can do well because I've seen her be funny in movies, but she's trapped into playing a vulgarly overdrawn and obvious character on 2 Broke Girls.

khidaka1

[2016]Sep 16, 2013

I guess it's safe to assume we'll still see Cecily Strong in a majority of the regular sketches, in addition to her role as Weekend Update Correspondent.

Hennes81

[2017]Sep 16, 2013

khidaka1 wrote:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned the possibility of Kat Denningshosting SNLthis season, but I hear she's been knocking on the door for quite awhile. and I feel like this could finally be THE year Kat Dennings hosts SNL.

She's the star of my favorite tv show Two Broke Girls, and if and whenher time to host comes, I guarantee she'll blend invery well with the cast of Saturday Night Live.

Is it possible we might be seeing Kat Dennings host Saturday Night Live this season?Fingers crossed on her 1st appearance.

You don't have to post this in every active discusion - it will be mentioned by the people who like to comment.

We discussed their names (of Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs) a while ago but noone was sure they will get booked. SNL tends to books TV actors who are SNL alumni (Amy, Tina, Maya,...), who work on cable (Buscemi, Day, Louis CK) or have hosted before (Applegate, Baldwin, Ham).

Of course there also were Sofia Vergara (of course MF won a ton of Emmys!) and Zooey Deschanel (maybe because of Abbys impression of her?) but I doubt there will be many others. Also Idk when was the last time they hired someone from a multi camera sitcom - it seems a long time since they have done that.

If SNL will book hosts like the way they did the last years we might see Amy, Julia Louis Dreyfus or maybe Lena Dunham. I don't think we will see someone from Two broke girls, Big Bang or any other multi cam sitcom (MAYBE Ashton Kutcher but since he has hosted multiple times he has an advantage).

Hennes81

[2018]Sep 16, 2013

khidaka1 wrote:

I guess it's safe to assume we'll still see Cecily Strong in a majority of the regular sketches, in addition to her role as Weekend Update Correspondent.

You were not that sure a few hours ago, but you seem to be right now. If she wants to perform in regular sketches she can.

Edited on 09/18/2013 5:48am