We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Impersonator and person being impersonated in the same sketch

  • Avatar of tvfa

    tvfa

    [1]Jan 15, 2009
    • member since: 06/27/07
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 201

    I was just wondering around and thinking about impressions and the people who are being impersonated. Have they ever been in the same sketch? or guests have commentated on the impressions (eg. first Bush), or plays another character while being impersonated (e.g. Jagger)

    Well, I have these sketches over the years of SNL. If you have any more, just add.

    "PALIN PRESS CONFERENCE" (PALIN, MICHAELS, BALDWIN, FEY, ARMISEN, FORTE, SUDEIKIS)-FROM JOSH BROLIN/ADELE (10/18/0

    "WAHLBERG'S CONFRONTATION" (WAHLBERG, SAMBERG, BROLIN, POEHLER, THOMPSON)-FROM JOSH BROLIN/ADELE (10/18/0

    "JANET RENO'S DANCE PARTY" (RENO, FERRELL, SUVARI, HAMMOND)-FROM MENA SUVARI/LENNY KRAVITZ (01/20/01)

    "WEEKEND UPDATE" (DIAMOND, FERRELL, FALLON, FEY, DRATCH, POEHLER, RUDOLPH, KATTON, HAMMOND, RICHARDS)-FROM WINONA RYDER/MOBY (05/18/02)

    "CELEBRITY JEOPARDY!" (TREBEK, FERRELL, RYDER, EDWARDS, FALLON, HAMMOND)-FROM WINONA RYDER/MOBY (05/18/02)

    "MONOLOGUE" (FOX, CARVEY, SPADE, MICHAELS, NEALON)-FROM MICHAEL J. FOX/THE BLACK CROWES (03/16/91)

    "WEEKEND UPDATE" (MILLER, HANKS, CARVEY)-FROM TOM HANKS/EDIE BRICKELL & NEW BOHEMIANS (12/08/90)

    "WEEKEND UPDATE" (JAGGER, MYERS)-FROM LUKE PERRY/MICK JAGGER (02/06/93)

    "PRIMETIME LIVE" (ABDUL, POEHLER, THOMPSON, PARNELL, ARMISEN, FORTE, MEYERS, MITCHELL, RUDOLPH, )-FROM JOHNNY KNOXVILLE/SYSTEM OF A DOWN (05/07/05)

    "A MESSAGE FROM GEORGE BUSH" (BUSH)-FROM DANA CARVEY/EDIE BRICKELL (10/22/94)

    "MONOLOGUE" (BUSH, CARVEY)-FROM DANA CARVEY/EDIE BRICKELL (10/22/94)

    "THE PRINCE AND THE PAUPER" (TRUMP, HAMMOND, ARMISEN, PEOHLER, RUDOLPH)-FROM DONALD TRUMP/TOOTS AND THE MAYTALS (04/03/04)

    "COFFEE TALK" (STREISAND, ARNOLD, MADONNA, MYERS, SANDLER, SWEENEY)-FROM ROSEANNE ARNOLD & TOM ARNOLD/RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS (02/22/92)

    "NORM'S DOLE IMPRESSION" (BOB & ELIZABETH DOLE, MACDONALD, MICHALES)-FROM ROBERY DOWNEY JR./FIONA APPLE (11/16/96)

    "CLINTON'S RESPONSE" (CLINTON, POEHLER) -FROM ELLEN PAGE/WILCO (03/01/0

    "THE MCLAUGHLIN GROUP" (MCLAUGHLIN, CARVEY, FARLEY, HARTMAN, , MYERS, NEALON)-FROM CHRISTIAN SLATER/BONNIE RAITT (10/26/91)

    "WEEKEND UPDATE" (SEINFELD, FALLON)-FROM JERRY SEINFELD/DAVID BOWIE (10/02/99)

    "THE REAL CHEVY CHASE" (CHASE, BELZER)-FROM ERIC IDLE/JOE CROCKER, STUFF (10/02/76)

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [2]Jan 16, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,393
    Dude, there's no need to write everything in caps...

    The only other examplea I can think of are Joe Cocker and John Belushi's "duet" of "Feelin' Alright" in Year 2 and the "Talent Scouts" sketch from the Stevie Wonder show in Year 8.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of avmon

    avmon

    [3]Jan 16, 2009
    • member since: 09/07/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,995
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Dude, there's no need to write everything in caps...

    The only other examplea I can think of are Joe Cocker and John Belushi's "duet" of "Feelin' Alright" in Year 2 and the "Talent Scouts" sketch from the Stevie Wonder show in Year 8.
    I loved "Talent Scouts" where Eddie Murphy does Stevie in front of the Real Thing who during one moment threatens to ring Murphy's neck!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tvfa

    tvfa

    [4]Jan 16, 2009
    • member since: 06/27/07
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 201
    tvfa wrote:

    I was just wondering around and thinking about impressions and the people who are being impersonated. Have they ever been in the same sketch? or guests have commentated on the impressions (eg. first Bush), or plays another character while being impersonated (e.g. Jagger)

    Well, I have these sketches over the years of SNL. If you have any more, just add.

    "PALIN PRESS CONFERENCE" (PALIN, MICHAELS, BALDWIN, FEY, ARMISEN, FORTE, SUDEIKIS)-FROM JOSH BROLIN/ADELE (10/18/0

    "WAHLBERG'S CONFRONTATION" (WAHLBERG, SAMBERG, BROLIN, POEHLER, THOMPSON)-FROM JOSH BROLIN/ADELE (10/18/0

    "JANET RENO'S DANCE PARTY" (RENO, FERRELL, SUVARI, HAMMOND)-FROM MENA SUVARI/LENNY KRAVITZ (01/20/01)

    "WEEKEND UPDATE" (DIAMOND, FERRELL, FALLON, FEY, DRATCH, POEHLER, RUDOLPH, KATTON, HAMMOND, RICHARDS)-FROM WINONA RYDER/MOBY (05/18/02)

    "CELEBRITY JEOPARDY!" (TREBEK, FERRELL, RYDER, EDWARDS, FALLON, HAMMOND)-FROM WINONA RYDER/MOBY (05/18/02)

    "MONOLOGUE" (FOX, CARVEY, SPADE, MICHAELS, NEALON)-FROM MICHAEL J. FOX/THE BLACK CROWES (03/16/91)

    "WEEKEND UPDATE" (MILLER, HANKS, CARVEY)-FROM TOM HANKS/EDIE BRICKELL & NEW BOHEMIANS (12/08/90)

    "WEEKEND UPDATE" (JAGGER, MYERS)-FROM LUKE PERRY/MICK JAGGER (02/06/93)

    "PRIMETIME LIVE" (ABDUL, POEHLER, THOMPSON, PARNELL, ARMISEN, FORTE, MEYERS, MITCHELL, RUDOLPH, )-FROM JOHNNY KNOXVILLE/SYSTEM OF A DOWN (05/07/05)

    "A MESSAGE FROM GEORGE BUSH" (BUSH)-FROM DANA CARVEY/EDIE BRICKELL (10/22/94)

    "MONOLOGUE" (BUSH, CARVEY)-FROM DANA CARVEY/EDIE BRICKELL (10/22/94)

    "THE PRINCE AND THE PAUPER" (TRUMP, HAMMOND, ARMISEN, PEOHLER, RUDOLPH)-FROM DONALD TRUMP/TOOTS AND THE MAYTALS (04/03/04)

    "COFFEE TALK" (STREISAND, ARNOLD, MADONNA, MYERS, SANDLER, SWEENEY)-FROM ROSEANNE ARNOLD & TOM ARNOLD/RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS (02/22/92)

    "NORM'S DOLE IMPRESSION" (BOB & ELIZABETH DOLE, MACDONALD, MICHALES)-FROM ROBERY DOWNEY JR./FIONA APPLE (11/16/96)

    "CLINTON'S RESPONSE" (CLINTON, POEHLER) -FROM ELLEN PAGE/WILCO (03/01/0

    "THE MCLAUGHLIN GROUP" (MCLAUGHLIN, CARVEY, FARLEY, HARTMAN, , MYERS, NEALON)-FROM CHRISTIAN SLATER/BONNIE RAITT (10/26/91)

    "WEEKEND UPDATE" (SEINFELD, FALLON)-FROM JERRY SEINFELD/DAVID BOWIE (10/02/99)

    "THE REAL CHEVY CHASE" (CHASE, BELZER)-FROM ERIC IDLE/JOE CROCKER, STUFF (10/02/76)

    Two more sketches include "The Joe Pesci Show" from the 1997 Rob Lowe episode when the real Pesci and De Niro appear. Also, another is from the 1995 David Schwimmer episode where Spade makes fun of Aniston in front of her in "Spade in America".

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of evildevil97

    evildevil97

    [5]Jan 16, 2009
    • member since: 10/03/05
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 2,011
    ....David Spade played Jennifer Aniston?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tvfa

    tvfa

    [6]Jan 17, 2009
    • member since: 06/27/07
    • level: 52
    • rank: Guzzlefish
    • posts: 201

    evildevil97 wrote:
    ....David Spade played Jennifer Aniston?

    No, Spade was just doing his Aniston jokes in front of the real Aniston.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [7]Jan 17, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,393
    tvfa wrote:

    evildevil97 wrote:
    ....David Spade played Jennifer Aniston?

    No, Spade was just doing his Aniston jokes in front of the real Aniston.


    You're thinking of the time Spade and Teri Hatcher imitated each other in Year 21.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of evildevil97

    evildevil97

    [8]Jan 18, 2009
    • member since: 10/03/05
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 2,011
    I'm not the one who brought Spade/Aniston up in a thread about impersonations...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.