Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Meet our newest cast members: Abby Elliott and Michella Watkins!

  • Avatar of Water78

    Water78

    [21]Nov 14, 2008
    • member since: 03/19/06
    • level: 47
    • rank: A-Teamer
    • posts: 4,424
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    Lorne's entering dangerous territory again... He held on to his core way too long and now there's going to be a lot of changes in a short period of time. It could be like a Season 20 again... or a season 21 or 11.

    Actually, I was thinking of something more like season 31, with all those annoying old cast members.

    Same here. Both Seasons 17 and 31 had noticeable generation gaps, but 17 was more consistently funny.

    There's no question that Lorne is stockpiling for the future, but he didn't seem happy with the smaller ensambles that he's dealt with in recent years. After all, Ho, Parnsy, and Finesse were fired in 2006 because of network-wide budget cuts. On the other hand, Lorne tries to retain actors for as long as humanly possible, so even I'm wondering who'll be seeking greener pastures after the season ends. For all we know, it could be anybody.

    You could mark out casey and bobby, but i dont think anybody would mind much if fired and will just happen to disappear from the show with no word of goodbye.

    I disagree- I would definitely miss Army and Orville. If there's anyone in the current cast that I wouldn't bat an eyelash for if he left, it'd be Kenan. I don't hate Thompson at all, but as a comedic actor there's nothing remarkable about him. At least Tracy Morgan had a personality, you know?

    really i guess u didnt see them in 11/1/08's WU were they wasted 2 mintues signing bah bah beeh bah bah beeh or watever they did.
    my advice to lorne get rid of the dead weight (fred, kenan, will)

    I thought it was funny. It's always nice to actually have simple, stupid jokes. They will become deadweight if they stick around too long, but right now, they're fine.

    i agree with u about fred, but to me will gotta go. And if kenan is fired it's going to make alot of people very angry
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of algetrig91

    algetrig91

    [22]Nov 14, 2008
    • member since: 06/02/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 2,488
    Water78 wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    Lorne's entering dangerous territory again... He held on to his core way too long and now there's going to be a lot of changes in a short period of time. It could be like a Season 20 again... or a season 21 or 11.

    Actually, I was thinking of something more like season 31, with all those annoying old cast members.

    Same here. Both Seasons 17 and 31 had noticeable generation gaps, but 17 was more consistently funny.

    There's no question that Lorne is stockpiling for the future, but he didn't seem happy with the smaller ensambles that he's dealt with in recent years. After all, Ho, Parnsy, and Finesse were fired in 2006 because of network-wide budget cuts. On the other hand, Lorne tries to retain actors for as long as humanly possible, so even I'm wondering who'll be seeking greener pastures after the season ends. For all we know, it could be anybody.

    You could mark out casey and bobby, but i dont think anybody would mind much if fired and will just happen to disappear from the show with no word of goodbye.

    I disagree- I would definitely miss Army and Orville. If there's anyone in the current cast that I wouldn't bat an eyelash for if he left, it'd be Kenan. I don't hate Thompson at all, but as a comedic actor there's nothing remarkable about him. At least Tracy Morgan had a personality, you know?

    really i guess u didnt see them in 11/1/08's WU were they wasted 2 mintues signing bah bah beeh bah bah beeh or watever they did.
    my advice to lorne get rid of the dead weight (fred, kenan, will)

    I thought it was funny. It's always nice to actually have simple, stupid jokes. They will become deadweight if they stick around too long, but right now, they're fine.

    i agree with u about fred, but to me will gotta go. And if kenan is fired it's going to make alot of people very angry


    I think it's the second or third to last season for Will, Kenan, and Fred, depending on new cast members. I think Kenan and Will would only stay one season after the next male castmember, especially if they were a castmember with any diversity or prior stardom.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Water78

    Water78

    [23]Nov 15, 2008
    • member since: 03/19/06
    • level: 47
    • rank: A-Teamer
    • posts: 4,424
    algetrig91 wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    Lorne's entering dangerous territory again... He held on to his core way too long and now there's going to be a lot of changes in a short period of time. It could be like a Season 20 again... or a season 21 or 11.

    Actually, I was thinking of something more like season 31, with all those annoying old cast members.

    Same here. Both Seasons 17 and 31 had noticeable generation gaps, but 17 was more consistently funny.

    There's no question that Lorne is stockpiling for the future, but he didn't seem happy with the smaller ensambles that he's dealt with in recent years. After all, Ho, Parnsy, and Finesse were fired in 2006 because of network-wide budget cuts. On the other hand, Lorne tries to retain actors for as long as humanly possible, so even I'm wondering who'll be seeking greener pastures after the season ends. For all we know, it could be anybody.

    You could mark out casey and bobby, but i dont think anybody would mind much if fired and will just happen to disappear from the show with no word of goodbye.

    I disagree- I would definitely miss Army and Orville. If there's anyone in the current cast that I wouldn't bat an eyelash for if he left, it'd be Kenan. I don't hate Thompson at all, but as a comedic actor there's nothing remarkable about him. At least Tracy Morgan had a personality, you know?

    really i guess u didnt see them in 11/1/08's WU were they wasted 2 mintues signing bah bah beeh bah bah beeh or watever they did.
    my advice to lorne get rid of the dead weight (fred, kenan, will)

    I thought it was funny. It's always nice to actually have simple, stupid jokes. They will become deadweight if they stick around too long, but right now, they're fine.

    i agree with u about fred, but to me will gotta go. And if kenan is fired it's going to make alot of people very angry


    I think it's the second or third to last season for Will, Kenan, and Fred, depending on new cast members. I think Kenan and Will would only stay one season after the next male castmember, especially if they were a castmember with any diversity or prior stardom.

    anybody can do better than forte's singing, dancing and everytime blowing up
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [24]Nov 15, 2008
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,094
    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    Lorne's entering dangerous territory again... He held on to his core way too long and now there's going to be a lot of changes in a short period of time. It could be like a Season 20 again... or a season 21 or 11.

    Actually, I was thinking of something more like season 31, with all those annoying old cast members.

    Same here. Both Seasons 17 and 31 had noticeable generation gaps, but 17 was more consistently funny.

    There's no question that Lorne is stockpiling for the future, but he didn't seem happy with the smaller ensambles that he's dealt with in recent years. After all, Ho, Parnsy, and Finesse were fired in 2006 because of network-wide budget cuts. On the other hand, Lorne tries to retain actors for as long as humanly possible, so even I'm wondering who'll be seeking greener pastures after the season ends. For all we know, it could be anybody.

    You could mark out casey and bobby, but i dont think anybody would mind much if fired and will just happen to disappear from the show with no word of goodbye.

    I disagree- I would definitely miss Army and Orville. If there's anyone in the current cast that I wouldn't bat an eyelash for if he left, it'd be Kenan. I don't hate Thompson at all, but as a comedic actor there's nothing remarkable about him. At least Tracy Morgan had a personality, you know?

    really i guess u didnt see them in 11/1/08's WU were they wasted 2 mintues signing bah bah beeh bah bah beeh or watever they did.
    my advice to lorne get rid of the dead weight (fred, kenan, will).

    I'm taking that was the first time you've seen Fred and Will play the Kelly Brothers? They've been doing that bit since 2002. It doesn't give your brain a workout, but it's enjoyably silly.

    Also, the only people that would be angered by Kenan's departure would be the NBC head honchos; say what you will about affirmative action, but they'll pressure Lorne even more to make the cast more ethnically diverse. Real SNL fans like you and me won't miss Thompson.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bry456

    bry456

    [25]Nov 15, 2008
    • member since: 08/18/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 1,873
    HelloStuart wrote:

    I'm taking that was the first time you've seen Fred and Will play the Kelly Brothers? They've been doing that bit since 2002. It doesn't give your brain a workout, but it's enjoyably silly.

    Also, the only people that would be angered by Kenan's departure would be the NBC head honchos; say what you will about affirmative action, but they'll pressure Lorne even more to make the cast more ethnically diverse. Real SNL fans like you and me won't miss Thompson.


    I agree. Fred and Will bring a delightful absurdest streak to their sketches. Both will be missed when they leave. As for Kenan, I'm indifferent to whenever he leaves. Although, I will say he's getting a fair amount of solo sketches since last spring (Tookie Styles, Grady Wilson). Suprisingly, I enjoyed both, mostly because they were unexpected.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Water78

    Water78

    [26]Nov 15, 2008
    • member since: 03/19/06
    • level: 47
    • rank: A-Teamer
    • posts: 4,424
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    Lorne's entering dangerous territory again... He held on to his core way too long and now there's going to be a lot of changes in a short period of time. It could be like a Season 20 again... or a season 21 or 11.

    Actually, I was thinking of something more like season 31, with all those annoying old cast members.

    Same here. Both Seasons 17 and 31 had noticeable generation gaps, but 17 was more consistently funny.

    There's no question that Lorne is stockpiling for the future, but he didn't seem happy with the smaller ensambles that he's dealt with in recent years. After all, Ho, Parnsy, and Finesse were fired in 2006 because of network-wide budget cuts. On the other hand, Lorne tries to retain actors for as long as humanly possible, so even I'm wondering who'll be seeking greener pastures after the season ends. For all we know, it could be anybody.

    You could mark out casey and bobby, but i dont think anybody would mind much if fired and will just happen to disappear from the show with no word of goodbye.

    I disagree- I would definitely miss Army and Orville. If there's anyone in the current cast that I wouldn't bat an eyelash for if he left, it'd be Kenan. I don't hate Thompson at all, but as a comedic actor there's nothing remarkable about him. At least Tracy Morgan had a personality, you know?

    really i guess u didnt see them in 11/1/08's WU were they wasted 2 mintues signing bah bah beeh bah bah beeh or watever they did.
    my advice to lorne get rid of the dead weight (fred, kenan, will).

    I'm taking that was the first time you've seen Fred and Will play the Kelly Brothers? They've been doing that bit since 2002. It doesn't give your brain a workout, but it's enjoyably silly.

    Also, the only people that would be angered by Kenan's departure would be the NBC head honchos; say what you will about affirmative action, but they'll pressure Lorne even more to make the cast more ethnically diverse. Real SNL fans like you and me won't miss Thompson.

    yeah wasteful since 2002. Will's creppy sexoffenderish type of comedy can be given to Bill. In the last couple of episodes Kenan, Fred & Kristin have dominated
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BaronOne

    BaronOne

    [27]Nov 15, 2008
    • member since: 01/02/08
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 818

    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    Lorne's entering dangerous territory again... He held on to his core way too long and now there's going to be a lot of changes in a short period of time. It could be like a Season 20 again... or a season 21 or 11.
    Actually, I was thinking of something more like season 31, with all those annoying old cast members.
    Same here. Both Seasons 17 and 31 had noticeable generation gaps, but 17 was more consistently funny. There's no question that Lorne is stockpiling for the future, but he didn't seem happy with the smaller ensambles that he's dealt with in recent years. After all, Ho, Parnsy, and Finesse were fired in 2006 because of network-wide budget cuts. On the other hand, Lorne tries to retain actors for as long as humanly possible, so even I'm wondering who'll be seeking greener pastures after the season ends. For all we know, it could be anybody.
    You could mark out casey and bobby, but i dont think anybody would mind much if fired and will just happen to disappear from the show with no word of goodbye.
    I disagree- I would definitely miss Army and Orville. If there's anyone in the current cast that I wouldn't bat an eyelash for if he left, it'd be Kenan. I don't hate Thompson at all, but as a comedic actor there's nothing remarkable about him. At least Tracy Morgan had a personality, you know?
    really i guess u didnt see them in 11/1/08's WU were they wasted 2 mintues signing bah bah beeh bah bah beeh or watever they did. my advice to lorne get rid of the dead weight (fred, kenan, will).
    I'm taking that was the first time you've seen Fred and Will play the Kelly Brothers? They've been doing that bit since 2002. It doesn't give your brain a workout, but it's enjoyably silly. Also, the only people that would be angered by Kenan's departure would be the NBC head honchos; say what you will about affirmative action, but they'll pressure Lorne even more to make the cast more ethnically diverse. Real SNL fans like you and me won't miss Thompson.
    yeah wasteful since 2002. Will's creppy sexoffenderish type of comedy can be given to Bill. In the last couple of episodes Kenan, Fred & Kristin have dominated

    I disagree wholeheartedly. I think Will Forte is currently the best male castmember on the show and is utilized really well most of the time.

    But back to the actual subject of this thread, are Abby Elliot and Michella Watkins actually debuting tonight? And I can't find the video where Abby is doing impressions of Angelina Jolie and Kirsten Dunst. Supposedly, they're pretty good. Anyone?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Water78

    Water78

    [28]Nov 15, 2008
    • member since: 03/19/06
    • level: 47
    • rank: A-Teamer
    • posts: 4,424
    BaronOne wrote:

    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    mp34mp wrote:
    Lorne's entering dangerous territory again... He held on to his core way too long and now there's going to be a lot of changes in a short period of time. It could be like a Season 20 again... or a season 21 or 11.
    Actually, I was thinking of something more like season 31, with all those annoying old cast members.
    Same here. Both Seasons 17 and 31 had noticeable generation gaps, but 17 was more consistently funny. There's no question that Lorne is stockpiling for the future, but he didn't seem happy with the smaller ensambles that he's dealt with in recent years. After all, Ho, Parnsy, and Finesse were fired in 2006 because of network-wide budget cuts. On the other hand, Lorne tries to retain actors for as long as humanly possible, so even I'm wondering who'll be seeking greener pastures after the season ends. For all we know, it could be anybody.
    You could mark out casey and bobby, but i dont think anybody would mind much if fired and will just happen to disappear from the show with no word of goodbye.
    I disagree- I would definitely miss Army and Orville. If there's anyone in the current cast that I wouldn't bat an eyelash for if he left, it'd be Kenan. I don't hate Thompson at all, but as a comedic actor there's nothing remarkable about him. At least Tracy Morgan had a personality, you know?
    really i guess u didnt see them in 11/1/08's WU were they wasted 2 mintues signing bah bah beeh bah bah beeh or watever they did. my advice to lorne get rid of the dead weight (fred, kenan, will).
    I'm taking that was the first time you've seen Fred and Will play the Kelly Brothers? They've been doing that bit since 2002. It doesn't give your brain a workout, but it's enjoyably silly. Also, the only people that would be angered by Kenan's departure would be the NBC head honchos; say what you will about affirmative action, but they'll pressure Lorne even more to make the cast more ethnically diverse. Real SNL fans like you and me won't miss Thompson.
    yeah wasteful since 2002. Will's creppy sexoffenderish type of comedy can be given to Bill. In the last couple of episodes Kenan, Fred & Kristin have dominated

    I disagree wholeheartedly. I think Will Forte is currently the best male castmember on the show and is utilized really well most of the time.

    But back to the actual subject of this thread, are Abby Elliot and Michella Watkins actually debuting tonight? And I can't find the video where Abby is doing impressions of Angelina Jolie and Kirsten Dunst. Supposedly, they're pretty good. Anyone?


    yeah they say they are - for forte is still dont agree but let's get over it. The first kelly sketch i saw as from the tom hanks episode
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of IHeartSB

    IHeartSB

    [29]Nov 15, 2008
    • member since: 11/11/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 347
    I am curious to see how the new cast members will be on the episode tonight. I heard that Michella was picked because she would make a great Michelle Obama. I hope there is someone that is as good as Amy Pohler or now Kristen Wiig (since she's the only female principle cast member left).

    As for those who may be leaving, I'd be very happy with Bill Heder just disappearing I think Fred had seen his last days on the show but I actually like his Obama (unlike most people). The thing that is kind of an issue with the cast is that Amy Pohler is gone now since she had her baby and Hillary Clinton is being considered for Secretary of State. I wonder if Amy would come back to the cast periodically like Tina did for Palin. She's the only one who can do Clinton well. I also wish that they could add little kids to the cast to play Obama's children, but I don't think that's gonna happen.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of whoaitsconner

    whoaitsconner

    [30]Nov 15, 2008
    • member since: 07/17/07
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 1,918
    IHeartSB wrote:
    I am curious to see how the new cast members will be on the episode tonight. I heard that Michella was picked because she would make a great Michelle Obama. I hope there is someone that is as good as Amy Pohler or now Kristen Wiig (since she's the only female principle cast member left).

    As for those who may be leaving, I'd be very happy with Bill Heder just disappearing I think Fred had seen his last days on the show but I actually like his Obama (unlike most people). The thing that is kind of an issue with the cast is that Amy Pohler is gone now since she had her baby and Hillary Clinton is being considered for Secretary of State. I wonder if Amy would come back to the cast periodically like Tina did for Palin. She's the only one who can do Clinton well. I also wish that they could add little kids to the cast to play Obama's children, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

    The new castmembers did NOTHING tonight.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [31]Nov 15, 2008
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,094
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    IHeartSB wrote:
    I am curious to see how the new cast members will be on the episode tonight. I heard that Michella was picked because she would make a great Michelle Obama. I hope there is someone that is as good as Amy Pohler or now Kristen Wiig (since she's the only female principle cast member left).

    As for those who may be leaving, I'd be very happy with Bill Heder just disappearing I think Fred had seen his last days on the show but I actually like his Obama (unlike most people). The thing that is kind of an issue with the cast is that Amy Pohler is gone now since she had her baby and Hillary Clinton is being considered for Secretary of State. I wonder if Amy would come back to the cast periodically like Tina did for Palin. She's the only one who can do Clinton well. I also wish that they could add little kids to the cast to play Obama's children, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

    The new castmembers did NOTHING tonight.

    What, you didn't find Abby's saying "'Single Ladies,' Take 1" to be compelling and emotionally raw?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Water78

    Water78

    [32]Nov 16, 2008
    • member since: 03/19/06
    • level: 47
    • rank: A-Teamer
    • posts: 4,424
    IHeartSB wrote:
    I am curious to see how the new cast members will be on the episode tonight. I heard that Michella was picked because she would make a great Michelle Obama. I hope there is someone that is as good as Amy Pohler or now Kristen Wiig (since she's the only female principle cast member left).

    As for those who may be leaving, I'd be very happy with Bill Heder just disappearing I think Fred had seen his last days on the show but I actually like his Obama (unlike most people). The thing that is kind of an issue with the cast is that Amy Pohler is gone now since she had her baby and Hillary Clinton is being considered for Secretary of State. I wonder if Amy would come back to the cast periodically like Tina did for Palin. She's the only one who can do Clinton well. I also wish that they could add little kids to the cast to play Obama's children, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

    if u think about it fred is in his 7th season, will is in his 7th season, kenan is in his 6th season, every else is their 4th season or less. I mean they arent going to say for that many more years. And i so pissed that amy once again is still in the credits. Also i am glad bobby actually did something
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [33]Nov 16, 2008
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,094
    Water78 wrote:
    IHeartSB wrote:
    I am curious to see how the new cast members will be on the episode tonight. I heard that Michella was picked because she would make a great Michelle Obama. I hope there is someone that is as good as Amy Poehler or now Kristen Wiig (since she's the only female principle cast member left).

    As for those who may be leaving, I'd be very happy with Bill Heder just disappearing I think Fred had seen his last days on the show but I actually like his Obama (unlike most people). The thing that is kind of an issue with the cast is that Amy Pohler is gone now since she had her baby and Hillary Clinton is being considered for Secretary of State. I wonder if Amy would come back to the cast periodically like Tina did for Palin. She's the only one who can do Clinton well. I also wish that they could add little kids to the cast to play Obama's children, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

    if u think about it fred is in his 7th season, will is in his 7th season, kenan is in his 6th season, every else is their 4th season or less. I mean they arent going to say for that many more years. And i so pissed that amy once again is still in the credits. Also i am glad bobby actually did something

    Actually, Suds is in his fifth year (six years if you count 18 months as a writer), and you totally forgot about DH and Seth.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Water78

    Water78

    [34]Nov 16, 2008
    • member since: 03/19/06
    • level: 47
    • rank: A-Teamer
    • posts: 4,424
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    IHeartSB wrote:
    I am curious to see how the new cast members will be on the episode tonight. I heard that Michella was picked because she would make a great Michelle Obama. I hope there is someone that is as good as Amy Poehler or now Kristen Wiig (since she's the only female principle cast member left).

    As for those who may be leaving, I'd be very happy with Bill Heder just disappearing I think Fred had seen his last days on the show but I actually like his Obama (unlike most people). The thing that is kind of an issue with the cast is that Amy Pohler is gone now since she had her baby and Hillary Clinton is being considered for Secretary of State. I wonder if Amy would come back to the cast periodically like Tina did for Palin. She's the only one who can do Clinton well. I also wish that they could add little kids to the cast to play Obama's children, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

    if u think about it fred is in his 7th season, will is in his 7th season, kenan is in his 6th season, every else is their 4th season or less. I mean they arent going to say for that many more years. And i so pissed that amy once again is still in the credits. Also i am glad bobby actually did something

    Actually, Suds is in his fifth year (six years if you count 18 months as a writer), and you totally forgot about DH and Seth.

    i didnt count DH or SM because i dont see them as cast members. Seth does update and DH does none to one sketch a night so yeah
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TV-Tome-Vits

    TV-Tome-Vits

    [35]Nov 16, 2008
    • member since: 06/23/06
    • level: 56
    • rank: Texas Ranger
    • posts: 272
    Here are the ones that shouldn't leave:
    -Will Forte(because he's MacGruber).
    -Bill Hader(because he's Vinni Vedecci).
    -Jason Sudeikis and Kristen Wiig(because they're the A-Holes).
    -Kenan Thompson(because they need a black guy).
    The new ones should stay at lease until they stop receivin'the "Featurin'" credit.I think Seth Meyers is the worst actor of all of them,but he's a head writer,so...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [36]Nov 16, 2008
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,094
    TV-Tome-Vits wrote:
    Here are the ones that shouldn't leave:
    -Will Forte (because he's MacGruber).
    -Bill Hader (because he's Vinni Vedecci).
    -Jason Sudeikis and Kristen Wiig (because they're the A-Holes).
    -Kenan Thompson (because they need a black guy).
    The new ones should stay at lease until they stop receivin' the "Featurin'" credit. I think Seth Meyers is the worst actor of all of them, but he's the head writer,so...

    The unofficial rule (since 1998, anyway) dictates that a featured player status allows casual fans to figure out who's new on the show, the producers' way to easing new cast members into SNL. I don't think we'll ever see anyone join the cast as a repertory player ever again, barring an overhaul.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of algetrig91

    algetrig91

    [37]Nov 16, 2008
    • member since: 06/02/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 2,488
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    IHeartSB wrote:
    I am curious to see how the new cast members will be on the episode tonight. I heard that Michella was picked because she would make a great Michelle Obama. I hope there is someone that is as good as Amy Pohler or now Kristen Wiig (since she's the only female principle cast member left).

    As for those who may be leaving, I'd be very happy with Bill Heder just disappearing I think Fred had seen his last days on the show but I actually like his Obama (unlike most people). The thing that is kind of an issue with the cast is that Amy Pohler is gone now since she had her baby and Hillary Clinton is being considered for Secretary of State. I wonder if Amy would come back to the cast periodically like Tina did for Palin. She's the only one who can do Clinton well. I also wish that they could add little kids to the cast to play Obama's children, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

    The new castmembers did NOTHING tonight.


    I didn't even recognize them, other than in the Art Digital Short.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Water78

    Water78

    [38]Nov 16, 2008
    • member since: 03/19/06
    • level: 47
    • rank: A-Teamer
    • posts: 4,424
    HelloStuart wrote:
    TV-Tome-Vits wrote:
    Here are the ones that shouldn't leave:
    -Will Forte (because he's MacGruber).
    -Bill Hader (because he's Vinni Vedecci).
    -Jason Sudeikis and Kristen Wiig (because they're the A-Holes).
    -Kenan Thompson (because they need a black guy).
    The new ones should stay at lease until they stop receivin' the "Featurin'" credit. I think Seth Meyers is the worst actor of all of them, but he's the head writer,so...

    The unofficial rule (since 1998, anyway) dictates that a featured player status allows casual fans to figure out who's new on the show, the producers' way to easing new cast members into SNL. I don't think we'll ever see anyone join the cast as a repertory player ever again, barring an overhaul.

    what i think: will, will leave and be replaced by a african american guy. Kenan and Fred would start to fade out of the show, Kristin sadly would leave on her own and adventure into films like ferrell. Amy will come back to host
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of whoaitsconner

    whoaitsconner

    [39]Nov 16, 2008
    • member since: 07/17/07
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 1,918
    TV-Tome-Vits wrote:
    Here are the ones that shouldn't leave:
    -Will Forte(because he's MacGruber).
    -Bill Hader(because he's Vinni Vedecci).
    -Jason Sudeikis and Kristen Wiig(because they're the A-Holes).
    -Kenan Thompson(because they need a black guy).
    The new ones should stay at lease until they stop receivin'the "Featurin'" credit.I think Seth Meyers is the worst actor of all of them,but he's a head writer,so...

    Dude. You should never keep a person just because of their ethnic or recurring characters. All those reasons are stupid. It's all about talent. Kenan Thompson isn't as sketch talented as the others.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [40]Nov 16, 2008
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,094
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    TV-Tome-Vits wrote:
    Here are the ones that shouldn't leave:
    -Will Forte(because he's MacGruber).
    -Bill Hader(because he's Vinni Vedecci).
    -Jason Sudeikis and Kristen Wiig(because they're the A-Holes).
    -Kenan Thompson(because they need a black guy).
    The new ones should stay at lease until they stop receivin'the "Featurin'" credit.I think Seth Meyers is the worst actor of all of them,but he's a head writer,so...

    Dude. You should never keep a person just because of their ethnic or recurring characters. All those reasons are stupid. It's all about talent. Kenan Thompson isn't as sketch talented as the others.

    Kenan's only doing this until the script for "Good Burger 2: With Relish" gets greenlighted. Apparently, Abe Vigoda is playing serious hardball...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.