Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

News: Charlie Sheen goes down in flames Detroit//Casey Wilson gets shafted again

warqueen

[1]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 6

I am "shocked". "Did not expect this to happen": Charlie Sheen's Detroit disaster: Boos, walk-outs for 'Torpedo of Truth' http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/02/charlie-sheen-tour-review/#more-39196

Well I guess we will not be seeing Charles Estevez any time soon on SNL!

Meanwhile; former SNL cast member Casey Wilson was scheduled to appear on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on Friday night April 1 as the second guest, (her photo at the end of the cold opening monologue looks like she has lost a fair amount of weight and her hair is dyed to the blackest that is possible), but she got screwed out of appearing because Ferguson and the first guest, Paul Giamatti, had 2 ball-busting hilarious segments together (he usually interviews for one segment for each guest). At the end of the show it was somewhat sad the Craig announced they ran over on time and that Casey would be 'scheduled back for a show sometime in the future', while doing so as he layed sprawled on the stage with his "leprechaun"-- midget occasional sidekick support player actor Bradley Laise, and also his 'dancing horse' , Secretariat. Poor Casey. She sure can't catch a break can she??

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[2]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 32
    I feel bad for Casey, sure, but Ive seen enough Craig Ferguson to know that he does that a lot and it's nothing personal. He tends to get caught up talking with a guest too much to stop what he's doing, or doesn't care to stop because he feels like the audience will want to hear the convo. At least it's in LA so since most actors like in LA it's not quite a big deal to reschedule as it would be in NY. It's a double edge sword really; you miss the celeb you want to see yet I also hate when you are watching a talk show and the celeb is about to go into a juicy story but they have to cut to commercial so you never end up knowing what happened.

whoaitsconner

[3]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 21
    I'm sure Casey is fine. She's probably content enough with her show anyways.

TheDiamondDog

[4]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 61

What was Casey promoting?

whoaitsconner

[5]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 21
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

What was Casey promoting?

Her new show, "Happy Endings"

JustinRAn

[6]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 12
    I Miss Casey; She was Hot.

thecomedianky

[7]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 19
    No one is shocked that Charlie's tour is a failure. He wouldn't be hosting SNL anytime soon, anyway.

HelloStuart

[8]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 63
    thecomedianky wrote:
    No one is shocked that Charlie's tour is a failure. He wouldn't be hosting SNL anytime soon, anyway.

Exactly. Plus, his connection to SNL is fleeting; he hosted once 10 years ago and that was it.

braskyZ

[9]Apr 4, 2011
    • level: 3

Casey wrote on facebook the other day that her Craig Furguson interview is airing on April 11th now Smile

Happy Endings new full length trailer was posted around the web last week (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjjb8JASvJk) Lookslike a cute show, trailer hasa "Friends meets Scrubs" sorta vibe. I was also surprised when I realized the one guy on the show is the son of Damon Wayans.

HelloStuart

[10]Apr 4, 2011
    • level: 63
    braskyZ wrote:

Casey wrote on Facebook the other day that her Craig Ferguson interview is airing on April 11th now Smile

Happy Endings new full length trailer was posted around the web last week (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjjb8JASvJk) Looks like a cute show, trailer has a "Friends meets Scrubs" sorta vibe. I was also surprised when I realized the one guy on the show is the son of Damon Wayans.

Oddly enough, Damon Wayans Jr. was a writer on the final season of "My Wife and Kids."

bry456

[11]Apr 6, 2011
    • level: 19

HelloStuart wrote:
    Exactly. Plus, his connection to SNL is fleeting; he hosted once 10 years ago and that was it.

Guess what the topic of his monologue was that fair January 2001 night:

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/00/00imono.phtml

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/00/00i.phtml

By the way, I was watching the 60 minute version of this episode about a month ago. Really solid show. I keep forgetting how good the 00-01 season was.

Edited on 04/06/2011 9:02am
    Edited 2 total times.