We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Possible Future Hosts/Musical Guests?

TheDiamondDog

[67]Feb 26, 2012
    • level: 61

I'm wondering if they'll have fun. on. They're popularity seems to be growing, and We Are Young seems quite popular.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ruckhappy

[68]Feb 27, 2012
    • level: 9

I think we can rule out Laura Prepon or any other stars NBC wants to plug for their shows. I think it's too late for that now.

If they can get him, Jean Dujardin might host. Maybe that cameo was a way of seeing if his English is good enough for a hosting job. He's got the leverage now to pick what shows he wants to do but maybe he had a good time in his cameo shot.

stellarchick86

[69]Feb 27, 2012
    • level: 32
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

I'm wondering if they'll have fun. on. They're popularity seems to be growing, and We Are Young seems quite popular.

Yeah. If they had Foster the People when Pumped Up Kicks was popular, I dont see why they cant have Fun on unless they just cant fit it in this year?

HelloStuart

[70]Feb 29, 2012
    • level: 63
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

Yeah. If they had Foster the People when Pumped Up Kicks was popular, I dont see why they cant have Fun on unless they just cant fit it in this year?

May musical guests are usually promoting albums being released that summer. Just saying.

stellarchick86

[71]Mar 1, 2012
    ^Yeah, but I dont know when that album comes out or if it has already (I would assume so) so Im saying that if they had any TBA guests, they could at least try....I see them on talk shows doing that song.

TheDiamondDog

[72]Mar 10, 2012

I'm wondering if anyone from Battleship will host, since the movie is coming out mid May. (Don't care about the movie, just like one of the actors in it, big time.)

warqueen

[73]Mar 10, 2012
    • level: 6

Well, Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg have their movieTHAT'S MY BOYcoming out in May. So their is the possibilty for Adam hosting. (By the way, the plot of this movie is beyond ludicrious)!

avmon

[74]Mar 10, 2012
    • level: 17
    avmon wrote:
    Hennes81 wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    Somebody already did. Check Year 15.

Without checking I know Ed O'Neill already hosted. But besides this show 20 years ago I'm still wondering why no MF member has hosted and I'm sure someone will (this season or maybe next).

If the show picks anyone from "Modern Family" to host, the first will probably be Sofia Vegara.
    Wow, I actually predicted something right on these forums!

avmon

[75]Mar 11, 2012
    • level: 17
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone from Battleship will host, since the movie is coming out mid May. (Don't care about the movie, just like one of the actors in it, big time.)

Even though part of it was shot here in Baton Rouge, LA, I'm not much interested in it, either, just like when that last "Twilight" movie came out after it shot some scenes here...

Ruckhappy

[76]Mar 12, 2012

warqueen wrote:

Well, Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg have their movieTHAT'S MY BOYcoming out in May. So their is the possibilty for Adam hosting. (By the way, the plot of this movie is beyond ludicrious)!

That may be why Lorne doesn't ask Sandler to host this time. When his movies bomb, they tend to be real embarrassing dogs. The plot is pretty risky and Samberg is no proven box-office star either. This thing could go down like a ton of bricks.

HelloStuart

[77]Mar 12, 2012
    Ruckhappy wrote:

warqueen wrote:

Well, Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg have their movie THAT'S MY BOY coming out in May. So their is the possibilty for Adam hosting. (By the way, the plot of this movie is beyond ludicrious!)

That may be why Lorne doesn't ask Sandler to host this time. When his movies bomb, they tend to be real embarrassing dogs. The plot is pretty risky and Samberg is no proven box-office star either. This thing could go down like a ton of bricks.

Also, the opportunity to have Sandler host may have simply come and gone. Striking the iron while it's hot, right?

TheDiamondDog

[78]Mar 12, 2012

It's funny to me, how a few SNL cast members become huge movie stars, but their movies are pretty much beyond awful. There are some exceptions, but lately, that is the trend. They become Razzie material.

Did you guys see that article where Will Ferrell said he deserved consideration for an Oscar based on the fact he learned and improvised in Spanish for his new film. I thought, "Say this is a joke."

Ruckhappy

[79]Mar 12, 2012
    Will had to have been making a very dry joke. Not that he can't play a role with depth well, like Stranger Than Fiction.

JM5000

[80]Mar 31, 2012

It's been a while since this topic's been active, but I'm just so anxious to see who will be on the last three episodes, that I want us to continue making our predictions and/or wishes.

Now I have been picturing that the fitting last three hosts would be as follows: Justin Bieber, Sacha Baron Cohen and Anne Hathaway. Of course, none of these are guarantees; Maybe twice was all that was necessary for Hathaway to set her example. Maybe Cohen isn't willing to host the show as himself and instead will just make a cameo as the Dictator. As for Bieber, I looked up his album, and it seems that it is not scheduled for release until summer, which means his inevitable double-duty show might not be until next season (which might be a good thing). But this does raise the question on what other possible choices they have...

Well, I have been thinking ever since my recent posts (in other threads) complaining about the over-reliance of Jon Hamm and other current favorites. Maybe I AM being rash...I just have this thing about certain people always getting such heavy focus all the time when I want the focus to shift to someone else before I get too used to the same person. Jon Hamm is a great host, so maybe he IS going to make an annual hosting appearance, and I should just accept the fact that he has good reason to.

So with that said, maybe they should just go ahead with him by the end of the season (though I still think the March 3rd episode was the perfect time, and they wasted it on Lohan).

stellarchick86

[81]Apr 2, 2012
    As much as I would love it, I dont see SBC doing it. He usually hates doing promotional things, esp. if he cant go as the character that he is promoting. And he prob. wouldve done it back to promote Borat, or even Bruno and since he didnt, it makes me think he never will. Bieber and Hathaway I can totally see though.

JM5000

[82]Apr 2, 2012

stellarchick86 wrote:
    As much as I would love it, I dont see SBC doing it. He usually hates doing promotional things, esp. if he cant go as the character that he is promoting. And he prob. wouldve done it back to promote Borat, or even Bruno and since he didnt, it makes me think he never will. Bieber and Hathaway I can totally see though.

I see...But who does that leave? I do tend to do research on what movies and albums are coming out, but I'm no expert with music OR celebrities, so the only ones I can detect are the ones who have been on the show before (and of course have a good enough reason to come back). I can never really detect newly-relevant celebrities (like our host for this weekend), but doing a little research on them I can see why SNL would bring them on.

I had no idea the circumstances likely to keep Cohen from hosting, but I was about ready to come to the same conclusion if he passed on promoting his upcoming movie (just like Robert Downey Jr.)

We could probably expect Bieber to be on near the beginning of next season. Hell, why not have him on for the premiere? That way, he can be the first official host to serve double-duty for a season premiere. (The Rolling Stones do NOT count; They were hosts in name only!)

If there really isn't enough people to choose from, I guess maybe they could bring back Jon Hamm, just because he's the new favorite. Hell, maybe they could bring back Zach Galafianakis just for the hell of it. As long as they're not the finale host; Not when they have the perfect opportunity (and reason) to have a woman host the finale for the first time in a while.

stellarchick86

[83]Apr 4, 2012
    ^Im really not sure, because anytime I cant think of someone for the show, they always either 1. bring on someone who is new and I have never heard of or 2. is someone that is well-liked but may not have something really big to promote. And I could be totally wrong about SBC, and I hope I am, but Im just not going to get my hopes up. :-/
    Edited on 04/03/2012 11:51pm

JM5000

[84]Apr 4, 2012

That's cool...But in case SBC doesn't want to host, I have done a little research on upcoming summer movies and found a few possibilities...

One is based on that Seth Macfarlane movie Ted (that looks dumb, but maybe I'm wrong). My host of choice to promote that movie would be Mila Kunis, since she seems like a funny person, and after doing a movie with Timberlake, maybe she's up for consideration. But you know, Marky-Mark could be funny too, maybe...I hardly think he's a good actor, but he's not bad when it comes to comedy. So who knows?

Also, someone who I think just became quite relevant is someone I considered earlier for Journey 2...But Dwayne Johnson apparently just became the wrestling champ again. (I'm no expert with wrestling, but I'm following this right, right?) After beating that other guy (which I'm sure was scripted like every other professional wrestling match, but whatever), and with the new GI Joe movie coming out in June, maybe The Rock will finally make his fourth appearance on this show.

Aside from Jon Hamm, those are my best guesses. But anyway, I can understand if no one has any idea who else they can choose from. This is definitely a challenging guess...

But anyway, let's not forget about the musical guests as well, and I think they have a nice selection of possibilities...They'll probably bring in at least one more newb, but there are a few promising returning ones who have albums out within the next two months.

Personally, I kinda hope for someone unusual. They've been sticking pretty firmly to basic singers, rappers and bands over the past twenty or so years; They hardly bring in anyone these days who is comedic, pure-instrumental or comes from a unique medium rather than the simple popular stuff. I can hardly gather the track-record of their early days bringing in jazz instrumentals, Broadway musicals and the very few musical comedians (not to mention when the castmembers were the musical guests, like the Blues Brothers, Garrett Morris and "Joe Cocker"), so I can't say for sure if they want to do it anymore. But I really enjoy such variety, and I think it might be cool if they did something like that again, even if the result doesn't meet expectations. They DO have a few current choices with recent or upcoming albums, though there's definitely no certainty if any of them would work out, so I dunno...

Damn, I write a lot! I'm not this talkative in real life, believe me!

HelloStuart

[85]Apr 4, 2012
    JM5000 wrote:

That's cool...But in case SBC doesn't want to host, I have done a little research on upcoming summer movies and found a few possibilities...

One is based on that Seth Macfarlane movie Ted (that looks dumb, but maybe I'm wrong). My host of choice to promote that movie would be Mila Kunis, since she seems like a funny person, and after doing a movie with Timberlake, maybe she's up for consideration. But you know, Marky-Mark could be funny too, maybe...I hardly think he's a good actor, but he's not bad when it comes to comedy. So who knows?

Also, someone who I think just became quite relevant is someone I considered earlier for Journey 2...But Dwayne Johnson apparently just became the wrestling champ again. (I'm no expert with wrestling, but I'm following this right, right?) After beating that other guy (which I'm sure was scripted like every other professional wrestling match, but whatever), and with the new GI Joe movie coming out in June, maybe The Rock will finally make his fourth appearance on this show.

Aside from Jon Hamm, those are my best guesses. But anyway, I can understand if no one has any idea who else they can choose from. This is definitely a challenging guess...

But anyway, let's not forget about the musical guests as well, and I think they have a nice selection of possibilities...They'll probably bring in at least one more newb, but there are a few promising returning ones who have albums out within the next two months.

Personally, I kinda hope for someone unusual. They've been sticking pretty firmly to basic singers, rappers and bands over the past twenty or so years; They hardly bring in anyone these days who is comedic, pure-instrumental or comes from a unique medium rather than the simple popular stuff. I can hardly gather the track-record of their early days bringing in jazz instrumentals, Broadway musicals and the very few musical comedians (not to mention when the castmembers were the musical guests, like the Blues Brothers, Garrett Morris and "Joe Cocker"), so I can't say for sure if they want to do it anymore. But I really enjoy such variety, and I think it might be cool if they did something like that again, even if the result doesn't meet expectations. They DO have a few current choices with recent or upcoming albums, though there's definitely no certainty if any of them would work out, so I dunno...

Damn, I write a lot! I'm not this talkative in real life, believe me!

No worries, I'm fairly timid in real life myself. On stage, on the other hand...

Considering that it's May sweeps, expect big names as hosts and much-hyped new albums being promoted by established musical guests. It could be Madonna, Fiona Apple, La Roux, Garbage, Mika, who knows?

JM5000

[86]Apr 16, 2012

Well, if Cohen was going to host, it would have been May 5th...Unfortunately, we instead get another freakin' football player...They all just look the same by now...Maybe Cohen will still appear as the Dictator, but I think we can all conclude now that he doesn't care about hosting.

Doing a little more research, I can see that it's still a possibility Bieber hosting by the end of the season (Jack White and the Shins still haven't released their albums yet...) However, there's only two spaces left, so if he's gonna host this season, it's DEFINITELY going to be the week after Manning, since him pulling double-duty for the finale will be WAY too big a risk.

As for the finale, I've already talked about Hathaway several times...But as for the musical guest, what is the best choice? They usually like to close the season with someone who's performed on the show before, did a good job, and promise some fun performances (like Lady Gaga last year).