Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Season 37...

JustinRAn

[64]Aug 22, 2011
    • level: 12
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

drudager

[65]Aug 22, 2011
    • level: 13
    *siiiiigh*. Is he gonna ruin every sketch by laughing in it again?

mrjimmyjames

[66]Aug 22, 2011
    • level: 7

I heard a rumor today that an episode in 1998 hosted by Alec Baldwin contained a monologue dream sequence involving Fallon (in the dream, having left the show and becomea big star) hosting the show in 2011. Can anyone confirm this? If so, then Fallon ought to reference this when he actually hosts the show.

HelloStuart

[67]Aug 22, 2011
    • level: 63
    mrjimmyjames wrote:

I heard a rumor today that an episode in 1998 hosted by Alec Baldwin contained a monologue dream sequence involving Fallon (in the dream, having left the show and becomes big star) hosting the show in 2011. Can anyone confirm this? If so, then Fallon ought to reference this when he actually hosts the show.

Yeah, it was the Christmas show in Year 24. However, the sketch takes place in 2012, not '11. Then again, this would explain last week's hire of PardoBot...

Ruckhappy

[68]Aug 24, 2011
    • level: 9

drudager wrote:
    *siiiiigh*. Is he gonna ruin every sketch by laughing in it again?

Well he giggles his way through his talk show every night, don't expect him to have changed.

To be fair, the last couple of times he's done the Barry Gibb Talk Show sketch the other people have broken a little and he hasn't.

drudager

[69]Aug 24, 2011

Ruckhappy wrote:
    Well he giggles his way through his talk show every night, don't expect him to have changed.

Never seen his talk show. Figures. He's just a colossal of an abomination. And people wonder why NBC is a 4th place network, because it's 4th place ideas like him that keep happening.

drudager

[70]Aug 24, 2011
    Hmmm, quote tags aren't showing up for some reason.

JustinRAn

[72]Aug 24, 2011
    He Didn't Laugh During his cameo with Steve Martin
    He Didn't laugh during the The Ambiguously Gay Duo Live Action Bit
    He Didn't laugh during his cameo during Amy Poehler's Monologue

I'd rather he laugh during his show than another DeNiro show (i.e. Stare at cue cards, ignore direction, and sleepwalk through)

Ruckhappy

[73]Aug 24, 2011

I believe that the "live" version of the Ambiguously Gay Duo was pre-taped.

drudager

[74]Aug 24, 2011
    Ruckhappy wrote:

I believe that the "live" version of the Ambiguously Gay Duo was pre-taped.

Justin meant "live action" not "a live sketch". And I'd pick DeNiro over Fallon hosting 100 times out of 100.

JustinRAn

[75]Aug 24, 2011
    I Thought it was Live. I Saw the Set During The Commercial when the show aired.

Ruckhappy

[76]Aug 24, 2011

I read or heard Fallon talking about going over to a studio in Brooklyn to shoot that piece. Oh wait, duh, checking the screen caps from that sketch, when they're on the rooftop you can see the Williamsburg Bridge in the background (having lived in Brooklyn, I do know me the East River bridges).

mrjimmyjames

[77]Aug 25, 2011
    • level: 7

HelloStuart wrote:
    mrjimmyjames wrote:

I heard a rumor today that an episode in 1998 hosted by Alec Baldwin contained a monologue dream sequence involving Fallon (in the dream, having left the show and becomes big star) hosting the show in 2011. Can anyone confirm this? If so, then Fallon ought to reference this when he actually hosts the show.

Yeah, it was the Christmas show in Year 24. However, the sketch takes place in 2012, not '11. Then again, this would explain last week's hire of PardoBot...

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/08/24/jimmy-fallon-predicts-snl-hosting-1998/

here's the video

Ruckhappy

[78]Aug 25, 2011

That's the infamous Goodman monologue cameo that Baldwin was supposedly so yanked off about because he thought Goodman screwed it up, right? So what does Goodman screw up? I'm not seeing anything.

The Lenny Pickett-bot is very lifelike.

HelloStuart

[79]Aug 26, 2011
    Ruckhappy wrote:

That's the infamous Goodman monologue cameo that Baldwin was supposedly so yanked off about because he thought Goodman screwed it up, right? So what does Goodman screw up? I'm not seeing anything.

The Lenny Pickett-bot is very lifelike.

Goodman flubbed a line early on in the scene, and even though its minor, it might have hurt Baldwin's rhythm.

Ruckhappy

[80]Dec 21, 2011
    Since this thread is where we were last discussing Wiig's future, and it's on-topic here, I will say that I do not believe her recent protestations about not leaving the show. Because...if you look closely at what she said, she did not actually say that she's leaving. It was more of the "it's the greatest job in comedy, how could anyone ever give it up?" guff she's peddled before, only now I think she's trying to tease up expectations. "Who me, stay another season? I couldn't possibly stay. Don't make me stay. You want me to stay...and sing? I couldn't possibly...."

Gah. She knows she's going, she just wants to hype up her exit for a bigger send-off than Poehler.

HelloStuart

[81]Dec 22, 2011
    Ruckhappy wrote:
    Since this thread is where we were last discussing Wiig's future, and it's on-topic here, I will say that I do not believe her recent protestations about not leaving the show. Because...if you look closely at what she said, she did not actually say that she's leaving. It was more of the "it's the greatest job in comedy, how could anyone ever give it up?" guff she's peddled before, only now I think she's trying to tease up expectations. "Who me, stay another season? I couldn't possibly stay. Don't make me stay. You want me to stay...and sing? I couldn't possibly...."

Gah. She knows she's going, she just wants to hype up her exit for a bigger send-off than Poehler.

Are you suggesting Poehler > Wiigy > Ferrell?

Ruckhappy

[82]Feb 20, 2012

Ruckhappy wrote:

drudager wrote:
    I take it Maya will be hosting this season if her new show "Up All Night" sticks; tho not a sure thing since it has Will Arnett in it whom seems to be sitcom poison. Does anybody even watch NBC anymore?

You mean like live, first-run network broadcast TV? Only if I'm in a hotel room someplace.

Maya has three toddlers & babies at home and she's third-billed on that show. I think it's a safe bet you'll see Applegate or Arnett hosting before her, probably the latter.

Kudos to drudager for picking this one; no one should use my predictions for making book on hosting gigs. I guess we'll have to wait until next season to see Applegate or Arnett host.

Still have to wait to see if the pre-season predictions of Wiig's departure come true, although I'm pretty sure of it at this point.

drudager

[83]Feb 20, 2012
    Ruckhappy wrote:

Ruckhappy wrote:

drudager wrote:
    I take it Maya will be hosting this season if her new show "Up All Night" sticks; tho not a sure thing since it has Will Arnett in it whom seems to be sitcom poison. Does anybody even watch NBC anymore?

You mean like live, first-run network broadcast TV? Only if I'm in a hotel room someplace.

Maya has three toddlers & babies at home and she's third-billed on that show. I think it's a safe bet you'll see Applegate or Arnett hosting before her, probably the latter.

Kudos to drudager for picking this one; no one should use my predictions for making book on hosting gigs. I guess we'll have to wait until next season to see Applegate or Arnett host.

Still have to wait to see if the pre-season predictions of Wiig's departure come true, although I'm pretty sure of it at this point.

I also nailed Zooey's monologue tho that's not really a big deal & if you watch this show enough, it can become predictable on hosts, sketches & WU topics.

Speaking of Wiig, has an SNL cast member EVER left when they were supposed to or when they should have? It seems like they always stay at least a year or 3 too long. I think this board may be the only place that feels Wiig-overindulgence & fatigue. She could be on for another 2 years at least. I think the SNL 5-year rule is long antiquated & moot.

drudager

[84]Feb 20, 2012
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Ruckhappy wrote:

Are you suggesting Poehler > Wiigy > Ferrell?

Speaking of exits, is Seth Meyers ever going to leave, at least on-air? I've always found his WU style of talking REALLY loud extremely abrasive and unnerving. Almost teetering on Lewis Black.