Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Season 38 predictions.

Ruckhappy

[117]Aug 23, 2012
    • level: 8

I just don't see why Jason would come back without some kind of bennie like hosting Update or being named head writer, neither of which can happen with Seth incumbent. Maybe Lorne will give him the charter and budget to produce some Digital Short-format videos.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mrjimmyjames

[118]Aug 23, 2012
    • level: 7

Ruckhappy wrote:

I just don't see why Jason would come back without some kind of bennie like hosting Update or being named head writer, neither of which can happen with Seth incumbent. Maybe Lorne will give him the charter and budget to produce some Digital Short-format videos.

I would like to see Jason come back at least until the election but I just don't know if Lorne is willing to go far enough to keep him for only a little longer.

Digital Shorts: Is it possible that we could see these continue without Andy? I remember a while ago Andy saying that they would (I may have even put a link on a thread in this forum somewhere), but I just don't think that sounds like a good idea.

Ruckhappy

[119]Nov 20, 2012

Ruckhappy wrote:

Oops, I worded the prediction incorrectly. It will not be announced that Jason has been promoted to head writer and will be co-hosting Update until after it's announced that Seth will be taking the hosting job with Live. My thinking being:

--Jason wants some kind of bump to stick around.

--If Seth takes the Live job, he will have to give up the head writer job, and Jason has the writing experience to lay claim to it.

--Seth may think that he can handle both Update and doing Live, but Lorne may not agree and if Seth is half-leaving then Lorne may care more about getting Jason to commit for another season. Plus Seth will need a co-host for the two Thursday specials.

--If The Tonight Show is any sign, NBC may be cutting budgets for late night shows. Promoting writers to cast is a cheap way to add bodies, plus you get new cast who already know how the show works and can write.

--Mulaney gets promoted to cast as a consolation for being passed over as head writer.

--Schneider replaces Abby kinda one-for-one, as another cute, energetic woman performer, only more net-humor savvy and obviously better writing skills.

--Mulaney and Schneider will seem like new cast to SNL viewers, so with Kate it'll feel like three new people, but they actually each come with their own fan base from their outside performing work.

Needless to say, this whole scenario collapses if Seth doesn't get the Live job after all.

rishabhpb wrote:

I don't think either of them has any range (Sarah definitely doesn't) but I'd love to see it anyway.

I didn't say that I liked the idea. It's just a prediction.

How wrong could I have been with those predictions? In my defense, I was guessing that the budget for new cast would be tight. Instead Lorne went out and hired three new bodies. I was sure that they'd cherry-pick from The Groundlings to restock if they did hire new cast, but instead they scooped more bodies from Chicago. Aidy had an inside line, of course, but I would have expected somebody like Cecily to be recruited out of The Groundlings. Seems like the Groundlings-to-SNL pipeline ain't what it used to be. Wiig and Nasim, of course, but notably Casey and Michaela didn't last (although they should have). Oh, Taran too, of course.

Kate exploding like everyone thought she would, but who would have predicted that Abby would be replaced one-for-one by another woman who would be taller, prettier and seems to be substantially more talented? It's almost eery the way Cecily just appeared out of nowhere is becoming the hot new woman in the cast that everyone predicted Abby would be.

Nobody predicted that they'd dump all their old material from the past few seasons. I have no idea why they're doing that. I'm kinda hankering for a J-Pop sketch myself.

HelloStuart

[120]Nov 21, 2012
    • level: 63
    ruckhappy wrote:
    How wrong could I have been with those predictions? In my defense, I was guessing that the budget for new cast would be tight. Instead Lorne went out and hired three new bodies. I was sure that they'd cherry-pick from The Groundlings to restock if they did hire new cast, but instead they scooped more bodies from Chicago. Aidy had an inside line, of course, but I would have expected somebody like Cecily to be recruited out of The Groundlings. Seems like the Groundlings-to-SNL pipeline ain't what it used to be. Wiig and Nasim, of course, but notably Casey and Michaela didn't last (although they should have). Oh, Taran too, of course.

In recent years, the quality and quantity of talent on the LA improv scene has lagged behind Chicago and New York; you have too many actors out there who would rather look for TV and movie work and stay local. Since Wiigy and Hader came aboard seven-plus years ago, only two cast hires have been Angelenos.

I agree with Cecily; she came almost out of nowhere, but she's head-to-head with Kate for rookie of the year. She was one level ahead of me at iO, and I only knew her in passing as an intern/ticket booth clerk.

Ruckhappy

[121]Dec 17, 2012

Any second-half predictions? I should probably not, since I was so off in my preseason predictions, but I'm wondering if they'll add a guy to the cast to groom as the heir-apparent to Seth as Update anchor. I was expecting that Jason would leave after the last show, but apparently he's not, so there's no open slot for a new male cast member. If you accept the premise that Seth will leave after this season--and I do--then they'll need to plan ahead to replace him, because they don't have a natural candidate in the current cast to replace him.

Well, in Jason they do, of course, but he's probably leaving as well. Bill also, but if he stays one more season after this I don't think he'll want to take on doing Update, even just as a co-anchor. The rest of the guys don't seem like good prospects for Update, except for maybe Jay. The thing about Jay is, the Update anchor(s) traditionally write some of the Update material, and I don't see Jay having the knack to write Update-style news satire jokes.

What about the women? That's kind of my point. They don't have a Dennis Miller or Norm-type among the likely guys, so they need to consider which one or two of the women would be a strong enough candidate(s) to take over Update so that they don't need to consider casting someone new now (who could also be a woman, but that's not likely). And that would be a unique situation, with them looking to the women as the stronger, or at least co-equal, candidates to take over Update. Nasim could do it solo, playing the material mostly straight. Cecily has the looks and presence to play a solo news anchor. Nasim and Jay could make for an interesting combination.

Psy4potato

[122]Dec 17, 2012
    • level: 10

I'm not a fan of Jay, so I would not like to see him as the Anchor of update. i do however think they need to go back to the co-anchor style that worked so well with Fallon/Fey, Fey/Poehlar, & Poehlar/Meyers. I think Nasim would be perfect to lay off of Seth. I think Cecily & Kate are too great at doing characters on the update, that I'd hate to loose them to Anchor, although I think Cecily would be great.

I also think as far as women go they have a solid line up of women on the show right now. Vanessa, Nasim, Kate, Cecily, & Aidy are all hilarious. I think they really need to focus on finding another guy, since they don't seem to be using Tim, and Fred, Seth, Bill, Jason, & Kenan are all well seasoned and will prob. be leaving within the next season or so (I'm guessing). That leaves Bobby, Taran, & Jay. Although I'd love to see a female heavy cast for once, I think they should try to get at least one more new male talent.

Also I miss Paul Brittain....I'm sad he left or got fired (did they ever announce which happen?) I thought he was great. His characters and his impressions were hilarious....I felt like it was a mistake letting him go if that did happen. I personally liked him better then Jay, but all four featured players from their first year were strong.

Ruckhappy

[123]Dec 17, 2012

Psy4potato wrote:
    I think they really need to focus on finding another guy, since they don't seem to be using Tim, and Fred, Seth, Bill, Jason, & Kenan are all well seasoned and will prob. be leaving within the next season or so (I'm guessing). That leaves Bobby, Taran, & Jay.

Theoretically, Lorne will move heaven and earth not to lose his four most senior guys, and Seth, in one off-season. In practice, I don't see how he can keep more than Bill and one of either Kenan or Fred. Bill's wife had another baby, so he's a good bet to stay, but Jason is gone. Fred and Kenan, so far, do not seem to be integrating well with the rookies and newer cast, which only makes it more obvious that it's time for them to move on. And it's obviously now the time for Seth to move on as well.

You could look at the current cast and figure that their options to replace Seth are Bill (who probably wouldn't want to do Update) or Taran, who is too valuable to devote to doing Update, in which case you'd better cast a Norm-type over the break even though the current cast is full up. Or you take the tack of just looking for the best anchor or anchor team among your current cast, in which case, hey, you're in pretty good shape because you've got all these talented women who would make great co-anchors, either with each other or with one of the guys.

Psy4potato wrote:
    Also I miss Paul Brittain....I'm sad he left or got fired (did they ever announce which happen?)

I'm sure that Stu would rather we not speculate again about why or how Paul departed the show, but events turned out much differently than he probably expected. A year ago he (and/or his agents) could have looked ahead to Season 38 and predicted that Paul would be stuck in a maul, competing with 2-3 new male cast hires for screen time. Instead, SNL only hired one guy and three of the 4 new hires are from the Chicago improv community, like him. Things could have gone very differently for Paul.

HelloStuart

[124]Dec 20, 2012
    Ruckhappy wrote:

Psy4potato wrote:
    Also I miss Paul Brittain....I'm sad he left or got fired (did they ever announce which happen?)

I'm sure that Stu would rather we not speculate again about why or how Paul departed the show, but events turned out much differently than he probably expected. A year ago he (and/or his agents) could have looked ahead to Season 38 and predicted that Paul would be stuck in a maul, competing with 2-3 new male cast hires for screen time. Instead, SNL only hired one guy and three of the 4 new hires are from the Chicago improv community, like him. Things could have gone very differently for Paul.

Paul quit. I'm almost certain of that.

jcav422

[125]Jan 2, 2013
    • level: 2

Hey, all. You probably don't remember me, but I'm the new account of "SNLFAN422", an account i had on here when i was like 12. Anywho, I really need to comment on this season. Season 38 has been the worst season i've seen since first watching the show regularly in 2003. Reasons why:

-Kristen, Abby, and Andy are gone. Kristen saved the show for all those years in my opinion, andy could've quit and not made a significant difference, and Abby had such potential being so young and only on the show for 4 short years. I know everyone was annoyed when Wiig's characters were getting to be too much (how many times can we rerun Dooneese and Secret Word), but I miss her now more than ever.

-Underusing cast members: Was Tim Robinson in more than one sketch this year? Aidy was in what, 3? Taran Killam has become the new Wiig, overload.

-Host selection: Host wise, this season is really reminding me of Season 30, using more serious actors and random hosts. Jeremy Renner totally sucked. Bruno Mars as host was great, but was just awkward, Louis C.K. was terrible since they gave him a filter, Daniel Craig was embarrassing. The only real good new host was Seth McFarlane. As for returning hosts, Joseph Gordon-Levitt was weak the second time around, Anne Hathaway tried her best yet her material was weak, Christina Applegate was ok, but the only real reason she hosted was to push Up All Night's ratings, Jamie Foxx was funny, but his sketches almost all focused on him being black. Although it was completely out of left field for him to be hosting, Martin Short was great. Only problem was that it was more of a star-studded special than a real episode. Season 35 had too many "gimmick-y", young hosts (and the January Jones disaster). Seasons 36 & 37 had a great balance and proved to be great seasons. With the inclusion of Jennifer Lawrence this month, i look forward to a better second half with better hosts.

-Bad sketches: Most of the sketches this year remind me of typical dress cuts. Just for examples: Mars Mission, Mountain Pass, McDonald's, everything from Renner/Maroon 5, and Maine Justice.

-Films: the new film are so obscure and lack the charm of the digital shorts. Mokiki freaked me out, while Tree Pimp and Sad Mouse depressed me.

Overall, this season is a mess.

Hopes for hosts:

Kat Dennings

Mila Kunis

Jon Hamm

Emma Stone

Chris Pine

John Goodman (for Argo and good times sakes)

Tom Hanks

Ty Burrell

Christopher Walken

Jim Parsons

Robert Downey Jr.

Katy Perry (host & MG)

Kristen Wiig

Hopes for musical guests:

P!nk

Paloma Faith

Ra Ra Riot

Vampire Weekend

The Gaslight Anthem

Two Door Cinema Club

Pearl Jam

MGMT

Imagine Dragons

Bon Jovi

Edited on 01/02/2013 9:52pm

JM5000

[126]Jan 4, 2013
    • level: 7

jcav422 wrote:

Hopes for hosts:

Kat Dennings: Don't know who that is, but okay...

Mila Kunis: Heavily requested, and with Oz coming out, I'd agree it's time to bring her in...

Jon Hamm: They'll probably have to wait until he has something to promote...Unfortunately, it doesn't look like he's in any movies for the first half...

Emma Stone: She's good, but I'm not sure if she's memorable enough to be a must-return...

Chris Pine: I guess a promotion of the new Star Trek movie would make sense...

John Goodman (for Argo and good times sakes): Stu and Ruck summed it up pretty well...

Tom Hanks: YES! He's long overdue for a comeback, and since he's got a new movie coming out...It pisses me off, because I'm convinced that he was going to host much earlier to promote Cloud Atlas...Instead, he made a simple cameo (two actually). I'm convinced that Mars was a last-moment phone-in over him the same way Lohan was a last moment phone-in over Hamm.

Ty Burrell: Again, no knowledge...

Christopher Walken: Not certain about this one...I mean, do they even care about him anymore?

Jim Parsons: It shames me not being more knowledgeable of these popular requests...

Robert Downey Jr.: I think I gave up on him after they didn't bring him back for Sherlock Holmes 2 or Avengers...

Katy Perry (host & MG): She already hosted...She was very "meh"...

Kristen Wiig: We will definitely see her host sometime this year...

Hopes for musical guests:

P!nk: I think if they even gave a crap about her anymore, they would have brought her back for her last few albums (which, of course, were HUGE...)

Paloma Faith: Don't know.

Ra Ra Riot: Don't know.

Vampire Weekend: Didn't know they had a new album coming out...But I guess they're a strong possibility if so...

The Gaslight Anthem: Don't know.

Two Door Cinema Club: Don't know.

Pearl Jam: Very likely.

MGMT: Also likely.

Imagine Dragons: In case you haven't figured out by now, I'm not a complete expert on all these suggestions.

Bon Jovi: Also likely.

My thoughts on the season so far:

So far, I think of this season as a mixed bag. I really don't think that there were that many horrible sketches, but the ones that were are clear as day. At times, it looks very much like they lost their way after losing their overly relied-on star actress. The hosts for the most part are not given much to work with, and hardly any musical guests have put much effort into a memorable performance (with some exceptions).

Here's what I think of all the hosts so far:

Seth MacFarlane: He was decent, but a lot of the time, it just seemed like he was relying on his voice-acting skills, which made him less engaging.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt: I actually think Levitt stepped up his game since last time, because this time, he played it with less hyperactivity and more actual charisma, while still keeping enough energy intact...But I won't argue that the material given to him did not accommodate his talent, and if only it was better, people would have thought this show differently...

Daniel Craig: He had his moments. It was definitely strange seeing him play some silly characters...Though at times, he seemed a little frantic in his performance. Plus, those terrible sketches certainly didn't help, with the construction workers, the cat in space (what seemed like a potentially funny setup wasted on a lame Bobby Moynihan character) and Fred Armisen in drag for the millionth time (yes, we get it, he makes an ugly woman! Stop milking it!)

Christina Applegate: One of my least favorite episodes of the season...Applegate is not to blame, I actually think she turned in a solid effort...But she barely even did anything aside from that stupid dance instructor!

Bruno Mars: Surprisingly good. Not quite Timberlake-level, but still good, especially in the Pandora sketch. But even better than his hosting was his musical performances, which I'll get to soon...

Louis C.K.: (Shielding myself) I actually kinda liked this one. Maybe it's because I don't know C.K. too well, so I can't compare it with his show or anything, but still, I enjoyed him. The only sketch I can remember that I didn't think he was good in was that lame medieval-knight sketch, which to be fair, he clearly wasn't thrilled by it to begin with (not that it makes it any more forgiveable, but still...)

Anne Hathaway: You can't claim a host to be bad just because the show didn't let them perform any good sketches. I can't remember any specific sketches from this one, but whatever they were, Hathaway was a great enough host to save even the worst (if only a little bit). I think that's enough to credit her near the top of my list.

Jeremy Renner: He...wasn't a good host. He seemed reliant on the cue cards, most of his sketches weren't funny (although I liked the monologue) and he was overall very dull...That being said, I've seen WAY worse! I certainly hope this is as bad as the season's hosts get...

Jamie Foxx: Again, clearly ready for action! He brought his best...However, just because your host is black doesn't mean the entire show has to be a wannabe "Chappelle's Show"...That definitely got annoying after a while...

Martin Short: He probably only hosted because Bill Murray/Billy Crystal refused...Still, this was by far the best show so far, and Short delivered his best, even if, as said, there was a lot of reliance on special guests as well...

Musical Guests:

Frank Ocean: He was good...The Tekken arcade machines were a nice touch, and John Mayer did his job alright...Still, nothing fantastic.

Mumford & Sons: I saddens me that a great band like this did not deliever much...Plus, sorry, but Mumford's voice isn't nearly as good live.

Muse: Didn't pack the same punch that their last appearance did, but it was still good enough. Good singing, enough energy...Just not what I was hoping for after last time...

Passion Pit: Definitely my choice for weakest MG so far...It wasn't so much the band so much as it was the lead singer...He just seemed completely out of it! I mean, I wasn't expecting him to be a great singer, but he was REALLY flat and danced like he was intoxicated. He's like a male Lana Del Rey!

Bruno Mars: Exceeded my expectations (and they were already pretty high!) Plenty of energy, good moves, a strong voice...His last appearance was good, but not nearly as good as this! I think his next album will indeed warrant a return double-duty spot next time!

Fun.: They were enjoyable. At times, it seemed a bit like Passion Pit all over again, but much more polished. Not up to standards with the best, but still, they were...Fun...

Rihanna: I think I've learned by now that Rihanna is a favorite because of her creative sets. Still, I do think she's a LITTLE overrated...Hopefully, she'll take a break from her music for a few years so we can have some time to breathe from her...

Maroon 5: Definite improvement from last time. These guys are a guilty pleasure of mine, but at the end of the day, I would prefer something a little more rock-ish...

Ne-Yo: Ironically, my least favorite musician of this season so far was also its best musical guest...Made up for his modest singing voice with some very energetic/heartfelt performances. While not nearly as good a singer as Bruno Mars, he took what made Mars' performances great, and stepped them up even higher! And yes, his singing wasn't too bad either...

Paul McCartney: Paul is right under Bruno and Ne-Yo as the best so far. He put his all into it with some very interesting, VERY different musical performances. I'm sure he's done much better performances in the past, but still, I enjoyed him.

Ruckhappy

[127]Jan 5, 2013

I really doubt we'll see Wiig host this season. She's got a lot of projects filming but nothing scheduled for release until the fall. They have also never had, in the post-Ebersol era, a former member of the cast come back the following year to host. If they didn't do it for Ferrell, they won't do it for Wiig. It would be like Barry Bonds getting more HOF votes than Willie Mays.

As to Jim Parsons, I honestly believe that Johnny Galecki or even Kaley Cuoco would be a better host than Jim Parsons. For all his theatre baackground, he feels too limited in range. Mind you, he did get excellent reviews for playing the lead in Harvey on Broadway.

JustinRAn

[128]Jan 5, 2013
    • level: 12
    Ruckhappy wrote:

I really doubt we'll see Wiig host this season. She's got a lot of projects filming but nothing scheduled for release until the fall. They have also never had, in the post-Ebersol era, a former member of the cast come back the following year to host. If they didn't do it for Ferrell, they won't do it for Wiig. It would be like Barry Bonds getting more HOF votes than Willie Mays.

As to Jim Parsons, I honestly believe that Johnny Galecki or even Kaley Cuoco would be a better host than Jim Parsons. For all his theatre baackground, he feels too limited in range. Mind you, he did get excellent reviews for playing the lead in Harvey on Broadway.

Anne Hathaway has alot of theater background. Neil Patrick Harris had alot of theater background. I rest my case.

Ruckhappy

[129]Jan 6, 2013

JustinRAn wrote:
    Anne Hathaway has a lot of theater background. Neil Patrick Harris had a lot of theater background. I rest my case.

Actually, no, I'm not sure where you're going with this at all. You seem to be implying that they're studio-trained stage actors who have sucked as hosts. I think they've both been great SNL hosts, Hathaway in particular. Neither is a classically trained actor, though. Hathaway loves her "stage airs" but she's actually done almost no stage work beyond the high school level, and has no professional-grade studio training. Harris was a child actor from early days so missed the chance for formal studio training, but did tons of stage work during his child-to-adult actor transition.

But... formal studio training doesn't guarantee that you'll be stellar--or even competent--at doing live sketch comedy. Robert De Niro, 'nuff said. There was this one guy in my grad. theatre program. A regular Brando, if you know what I mean. Could bring this awesome intensity to straight dramatic roles, but couldn't play comedy to save his life.

Edited on 01/06/2013 8:13pm

HelloStuart

[130]Jan 6, 2013
    I'm not going to copy J-Cav's list in its entirety, but I would say Imagine Dragons probably has the best shot of being a musical guest of anyone on that list. I like Ra Ra Riot but I know nothing about any upcoming releases. Ditto PJ and MGMT.

khidaka1

[131]Jan 9, 2013

I understand that some of the guest hosts on Saturday Night Live so far this year have been hit or miss, but I would love to see what Anna Torv can do as a potential guest host on Saturday Night Live. I'm not sure what she'll be doing after FRINGE, or what she would bring to the table as an upcoming guest host, but I would think that she would be a good fit as an upcoming guest host on Saturday Night Live, and she would perform just as well with the cast of Saturday Night Live, as she always does as the star of FRINGE. I do have other choices like Kat Dennings from Two Broke Girls and her co-star Beth Behrs, but I still have my heart set on Anna Torv, as the guest host my dreams on SNL, whom I have been recommending on SNL's Facebook page at least 20 times.

I heard she did a short funny video for Collegehumor.com called "Can I Give You a Ticket?", where she plays a police officer trying to issue a ticket to a confused driver. I have been seeing that funny video on Youtube at least 20 times, and it reminds just how much more funnier she'd be as a guest host on SNL.

I don't know about the chances of Anna Torv hosting Saturday Night Live, possibly during the second half of season 38, but if I had to guess, I'd say at least 50-50 or so, but I wouldn't be surprised if, by chance, she hosts Saturday Night Live and delivers the breakthrough performance of the season.

And, as for my picks for musical guests, how about Bat For Lashes, Two Door Cinema Club, Garbage, or Kesha, any of whom would be a perfect musical guest for Anna Torv, should SNL pick her as their next guest host.

Thoughts?

Edited on 01/11/2013 9:00pm

Hennes81

[132]Jan 10, 2013
    • level: 5

Since she hasn't done anything to promote after ending Fringe (imdb just shows a voice over in an animation movie) it ain't hard to tell this won't happen.

Actors are just asked for a first hosting gig if they have something to promote in the weeks after. I would love to see it going differently (just ask people who have the talent) but that's the way it is.

Also, please don't mention Ke$ha could be coming back to SNL. Especially since most people aren't over the Bieber anouncement.

khidaka1

[133]Jan 10, 2013

I know you're probably thinking that Anna Torv is at best a long shot to host Saturday Night Live, until she stars in her first movie in 2013. But I do have other choicesTwo Brokeco-stars Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs and Laura Prepon, who used to be the star of "Hello, Vodka, it's my Chelsea!"who would love an opportunity to host Saturday Night Live.

Two Broke Girls is my favorite show, and I'd love to see either Kat Dennings or Beth Behrs host Saturday Night Live in the second half of Season 38, because I think they would work just as well with the cast of Satruday Night Live, as they do as co-stars on Two Broke Girls.

My other choice is Laura Prepon, the former star of "Hello, Vodka, It's me Chelsea!", and former co-star of October Road. She's appeared as a guest host in a ton of tv shows, and movies, and I bet she would love an opportunity to host Saturday Night Live.

I would love to see either Kat Dennings, Beth Behrs, or Laura Prepon host SNL in the second half of 2013, because I can't wait to see what they can do as a guest host on SNL.

Hennes81

[134]Jan 10, 2013
    • level: 5

For me it's the same thing with Laura Prepon as it is with Anna Torv. She was a TV star a few years ago but her latest accomplishment was to star a series which was dropped after half of a season. Don't see any chances.

Would like to see Beth Behrs or Kat Dennings (especially Kat has been mentioned often in this forum in the last days) but if you look at the last years I wouldn't bet on it.

Most of the TV comedy actors which have hosted the last seasons were SNL alumni (Fey, Poehler, Maya, Fallon), worked for Lorne (Applegate, Maya, Fallon, Baldwin), on a cable show (Louis C.K., Day) or were mostly hosting for promoting movies (MacFarlane, Ed Helms, McCarthy).

Of course there were some network sitcom actresses hosting the last seasons (Deschanel, Vergara, Lynch) but since the number ain't really high there might be others who will host before.

In my mind some other sitcom actors will have bigger chances to host (Kutcher, someone else from Modern Family, Neil Patrick Harris).

But maybe Lorne would like to have a Garrett Morris cameo and chosses Dennings instead. Who knows?

Edited on 01/10/2013 5:04pm

HelloStuart

[135]Jan 11, 2013
    "Fringe" is a beloved cult favorite that has accomplished many things in its 4 1/2 years on the air. To turn Anna Torv into a household name is not one of them. Besides, someone from the show hosted in 1999.

Ruckhappy

[136]Jan 17, 2013

I'd like to see them return to being a little more experimental in their hosting choices. For example, Kat Dennings and Beth Behr would be natural picks to co-host SNL together, if they were willing to do a two-host show again.

And...this must be said, vulgar though it is: they have to have Dennings host someday just to do the Return to the Planet of the Enormous Hooters sketch.