Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Season 40 Guest Hosts

  • Avatar of lgvetto9909

    lgvetto9909

    [1]May 30, 2014
    • member since: 01/14/14
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4

    Unlike the "Season 40 Predictions" forum, this one is exclusively so you can post your guest host predictions. Sure, guest hosts are often selected arround upcomming hit comedy movies or blockbusters, successful TV Shows, and just trendy celebrities (example: last year's Miley Cyrus, or Jennifer Lawrence during Oscar Season) but just have fun creating a wishlist realistic enough with the 21 or 22 hosts to appear next season. Last season, 4 of my personal choices actually hosted. Let's see if this year I get better


    1. Jason Sudekis


    2. Mindy Kailing


    3. Steve Carrell


    4. Emma Watson


    5. Channing Tatum


    6. Olivia Munn


    7. Jennifer Lawrence


    8. Rebel Wilson


    9. Zach Efron


    10. John Hamm


    11. Keira Knightley


    12. Emma Stone


    13. John Krasinski


    14. Natalie Portman


    15. Terry Crews


    16. Julia Louis Dreyfus


    17. Chriss Pratt


    18. Mark Whalberg


    19. Peter Dinklage


    20. Emily Blunt


    21. Michael Fassbender


    22. Robin Williams



    For bonus points include musical guests

    Edited on 05/30/2014 12:19pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [2]May 30, 2014
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,118

    It amuses me that after all these years, no one knows how spell "Sudeikis."

    Edited on 05/30/2014 8:15pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ruckhappy

    Ruckhappy

    [3]May 31, 2014
    • member since: 08/03/11
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 736

    It could be worse. His last name could be "Galifianakis." Hey, remember when Suds first started on SNL and everyone assumed he was Greek because of his last name?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hennes81

    Hennes81

    [4]Jun 1, 2014
    • member since: 05/07/09
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 283

    It's a nice idea to write such a list (instead of trying to predict exact dates). The only thing bad about it is that I now know your list and I didn't got some of your names out of my brain. So I copied those names and pasted them at the top of my list:


    1. Jason Sudeikis


    2. Steve Carrell


    3. Emma Watson


    4. Olivia Munn


    5. John Hamm


    6. Emma Stone


    7. Michael Fassbender


    8. Ricky Gervais


    9. Stephen Colbert


    10. Amy Poehler


    11. Zach Galifinakis


    12. Anne Hathaway


    13. Kevin Spacey


    14. Michael Buble


    15. Bradley Cooper


    16. Chris O'Dowd


    17. Matthey McConaughey


    18. Julianne Moore


    19. Ben Affleck


    20. Hugh Jackman


    21. Bruno Mars


    22. Martin Freeman (or another Hobbit actor or Peter Jackson)

    Edited on 06/01/2014 3:20am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JustinRAn

    JustinRAn

    [5]Jun 2, 2014
    • member since: 12/30/09
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,262
    September 27- Mark Wahlberg (Transformers 4)
    October 4- Nicolas Cage (Left Behind)
    October 11- Robert Downey Jr. (The Judge)
    October 25- Emma Stone (Birdmen)
    November 1- Anne Hathaway (Interstellar)
    November 8- Casey Wilson (Marry Me)
    November 15- Ty Burrell (Modern Family)
    December 6- Reese Witherspoon (Wild)
    December 13- Cameron Diaz (Annie)
    December 20- Ben Stiller (Night at the Museum 3)
    January 10- Liam Neeson (Taken 3)
    January 17- Kevin Hart (Wedding Ringer)
    February 7- Gwyneth Paltrow (Mortdecal)
    February 14- Kerry Washington
    March 7- Dave Franco (Business Or Pleasure)
    March 14- Martin Short (Mulaney)
    April 11- Will Ferrell (Get Hard)
    April 18- Dwayne Johnson (Fast & Furious 7)
    May 2- Aubrey Plaza (Parks & Rec)
    May 9- Sofia Vergara (Don't Mess With Texas)
    May 16- Melissa McCarthy (Spy)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lgvetto9909

    lgvetto9909

    [6]Jun 16, 2014
    • member since: 01/14/14
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4

    very clever on posting the reason they could be invited.


    Although in the case of interstellar I would think Matthew McConaughey or Jessica Chastain are more likely to be invited. McConaughey for this year's Oscar buzz and True Detective, and Jessica Chastain just for being a fresh SNL face.


    For Parks and Rec, Chris Pratt is more likely to show up for his participation in Guardians of the Galaxy and next year's Jurassic World. Although I agree Aubrey Plaza should host.


    For Mullany I would asume they would first invite Jason Mullany for being part of the SNL family and having his big break on TV acting. Martin Short has already had his shot as an SNL host.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ruckhappy

    Ruckhappy

    [7]Jun 17, 2014
    • member since: 08/03/11
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 736

    Although Chris Pratt's career is a lot hotter at the moment, the reason they'd probably have Aubrey Plaza host instead of him is because she used to work at SNL as an intern. Lorne likes those kind of "family" connections.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [8]Jun 18, 2014
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,118

    lgvetto9909 wrote:


    very clever on posting the reason they could be invited.


    Although in the case of interstellar I would think Matthew McConaughey or Jessica Chastain are more likely to be invited. McConaughey for this year's Oscar buzz and True Detective, and Jessica Chastain just for being a fresh SNL face.


    For Parks and Rec, Chris Pratt is more likely to show up for his participation in Guardians of the Galaxy and next year's Jurassic World. Although I agree Aubrey Plaza should host.


    For Mullany I would asume they would first invite Jason Mullany for being part of the SNL family and having his big break on TV acting. Martin Short has already had his shot as an SNL host.


    Who is Jason Mullany?

    Edited on 06/18/2014 8:02pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JustinRAn

    JustinRAn

    [9]Jun 19, 2014
    • member since: 12/30/09
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,262

    Ruckhappy wrote:


    Although Chris Pratt's career is a lot hotter at the moment, the reason they'd probably have Aubrey Plaza host instead of him is because she used to work at SNL as an intern. Lorne likes those kind of "family" connections.


    If that was the case, then Mindy Kaling would've hosted instead of Rainn Wilson for Season 32. Just saying that the "family" connections don't guarantee hosting.

    Edited on 06/19/2014 5:35pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ruckhappy

    Ruckhappy

    [10]Jun 20, 2014
    • member since: 08/03/11
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 736

    Good point. Frankly, it's inexplicable to me why they haven't had Kaling host yet. She's such a natural, and just because she's starring on a show on another network...I don't get it. You have to think that, y'know, they've offered and it hasn't worked out in terms of scheduling or whatever. But still, that doesn't explain it. Maybe Lorne thinks that his writers don't know how to write for a very dark Indian woman?


    She's very smart (c'mon now, Dartmouth? Dratch is a Dartmouth grad), a good writer, quick on her feet, witty, wrote a funny volume of initial memoirs...I don't get it either.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JustinRAn

    JustinRAn

    [11]Jun 21, 2014
    • member since: 12/30/09
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,262
    Ruckhappy wrote:

    Good point. Frankly, it's inexplicable to me why they haven't had Kaling host yet. She's such a natural, and just because she's starring on a show on another network...I don't get it. You have to think that, y'know, they've offered and it hasn't worked out in terms of scheduling or whatever. But still, that doesn't explain it. Maybe Lorne thinks that his writers don't know how to write for a very dark Indian woman?


    She's very smart (c'mon now, Dartmouth? Dratch is a Dartmouth grad), a good writer, quick on her feet, witty, wrote a funny volume of initial memoirs...I don't get it either.



    You just write her as a funny woman. Like they do with any woman host. Also do a sketch where she looks at herself in the mirror with Kenan as her reflection.

    Also while she is on a competing network, It's also owned by NBC, in the same way Brooklyn 99 is owned by NBC.

    Also odd how Rashida Jones also hasn't hosted SNL. Just saying.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [12]Jul 5, 2014
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,118
    JustinRAn wrote:

    Ruckhappy wrote:


    Although Chris Pratt's career is a lot hotter at the moment, the reason they'd probably have Aubrey Plaza host instead of him is because she used to work at SNL as an intern. Lorne likes those kind of "family" connections.


    If that was the case, then Mindy Kaling would've hosted instead of Rainn Wilson for Season 32. Just saying that the "family" connections don't guarantee hosting.


    Kaling wasn't that established yet in Season 32. Wilson was unquestionably the second banana on "The Office" by that point. At that time, Creed or Phyllis would have had a better shot of hosting than Kelly.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hennes81

    Hennes81

    [14]Aug 1, 2014
    • member since: 05/07/09
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 283

    Her chances won't improve by asking for it every few months.


    Still she is "just" a TV actress on a CBS sitcom. And if Lorne would book some CBS comedy actors, I think Jon Cryer's or Kaley Cuoco's chances would be better (not counting Melissa McCarthy who should be back this or next season).

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of khidaka1

    khidaka1

    [16]Aug 1, 2014
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 25

    I still think Kat Dennings deserves an opportunity to host Saturday Night Live. and I wouldn't be surprised if they DO invite her as one of the guest hosts this season.


    How can you disregardor overlook Kat Dennings as a possible guest host on Saturday Night Live? It's the one thing that has eluded her as an actress.


    Sure, she may be underrated and doesn't get as much publicity orexposure as some of the high-profile celebrities like Cameron Diaz or Jennifer Lawrence, but she is purely funny and sexy, and she'd fit right with the cast of SNL as one of their hosts.


    At least consider her as a candidate to host SNL this season.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JM5000

    JM5000

    [17]Aug 1, 2014
    • member since: 11/14/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 506

    khidaka1 wrote:


    I still think Kat Dennings deserves an opportunity to host Saturday Night Live. and I wouldn't be surprised if they DO invite her as one of the guest hosts this season.


    How can you disregardor overlook Kat Dennings as a possible guest host on Saturday Night Live? It's the one thing that has eluded her as an actress.


    Sure, she may be underrated and doesn't get as much publicity orexposure as some of the high-profile celebrities like Cameron Diaz or Jennifer Lawrence, but she is purely funny and sexy, and she'd fit right with the cast of SNL as one of their hosts.


    At least consider her as a candidate to host SNL this season.





    If you want her to host, wait until Facebook starts taking guest suggestions (either late August or early September). That will be the perfect time to request her, and then MAYBE they'll have her on...


    I'm meanwhile going to request Jon Hamm, Matthew McConaughey and Stephen Colbert, the first because it's been a few years since he last hosted, the second because he's broken out as a respected actor recently, and the third because I've been waiting and waiting for him, and if there's any time for him to finally host, it's the end of this year...


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ruckhappy

    Ruckhappy

    [18]Aug 2, 2014
    • member since: 08/03/11
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 736

    Cuoco has a rep of being an airheaded bimbo. Mind you, so did Christina Applegate when she first hosted and she turned out to be a good host. I suspect they scouted her heavily beforehand though. If you've ever heard Cuoco talk out of character, she really does come off as a barely sentient Barbie.


    Cryer is a career character nebbish who lucked into a lucrative gig, that's all. What energy would he bring to hosting SNL? Not much


    Dennings is very much underrated as an actor, mostly thanks to her sex bomb physique. She would make a great host, but 2BG isn't that highly rated and it's looked down upon by folks in the biz because it's so stupidly vulgar, mainly due to the awful scripts. Still, having her host would be a great excuse for a Garrett Morris cameo.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hennes81

    Hennes81

    [19]Aug 3, 2014
    • member since: 05/07/09
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 283

    Just to be clear: I think Dennings could be a good host - I just don't see that happening since it's rare to see actresses to promote a broadcast sitcom.


    Cuoco and Cryer were just examples of actors who might have small (but still better) chances to host. But I wouldn't bet on them either.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [20]Aug 6, 2014
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,118
    Hennes81 wrote:

    Just to be clear: I think Dennings could be a good host - I just don't see that happening since it's rare to see actresses to promote a broadcast sitcom.


    Beside MelMac and Julia Louis-Dreyfus, of course.

    I would think Kat Dennings would have a better shot if had a movie career in addition to a moderately successful but critically reviled sitcom. It would be like Nikki Cox hosting in the late '90s.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.