Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Sigh...

pretty_sure

[1]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 38

I love this show, I always have. Given I'm only 15 butI own all the released seasons, but lately it's been seemingly a little dry. I reaally wanna love this show and I am in love with Kristin Wiig, but I don't know... what do you guys think?

Edited on 03/09/2010 8:02pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HelloStuart

[2]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 63
    SNL is SNL. You're gonna have a few clunker sketches every night.

TheDiamondDog

[3]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 61

HelloStuart wrote:
    SNL is SNL. You're gonna have a few clunker sketches every night.

Yep. It's touch and go sometimes.

bry456

[4]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 19

I have seasons 1-4 on DVD. Even THEN it was uneven (i.e. http://snltranscripts.jt.org/75/75ajamitol.phtml)

HelloStuart

[5]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 63
    bry456 wrote:

I have seasons 1-4 on DVD. Even THEN it was uneven (i.e. http://snltranscripts.jt.org/75/75ajamitol.phtml)

I thought maybe you were going to share a link to the "Triple-Trac" transcript. I mean, a razor with three blades? What's next, four?

whoaitsconner

[6]Mar 30, 2010
    • level: 21
    I think that this season is pretty decent. I hate when people say how they miss so-and-so, but I really do still miss Michaela and Casey... Yes, Casey.... I kind of was on the fence about her leaving, but now that she has i kinda miss that presence of hers. But I won't complain

thefanof

[7]Apr 6, 2010
    • level: 102
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    I think that this season is pretty decent. I hate when people say how they miss so-and-so, but I really do still miss Michaela and Casey... Yes, Casey.... I kind of was on the fence about her leaving, but now that she has i kinda miss that presence of hers. But I won't complain

Casey Wilson is actually doing fairly well for someone fired after such a brief tenure. She's had a few pilots, one which is still in contention, and she's written a few movies.

JustinRAn

[8]Apr 6, 2010
    • level: 12
    I Really Miss Casey and Michaela on the Show. Nasim is trying to keep my spirits up and is doing well, but Jenny Slate still has yet to be in a sketch that I love.

I Really Hope Abby and Nasim get Upgraded to Repertory next Year. Jenny Slate Can Leave IMO. Sorry Jenny Fans.

braskyZ

[10]Apr 6, 2010
    • level: 3

It sounds like that upcoming James Franco SNL documentry might shed some light on Casey's troubles on the show, all the reviews makeit sound like you'll feel pretty bad for her when you watch it, it sounded like she was constantly having a hard time fitting in. Here's a snippet from one review with her being interviewed about her insecurities as a new cast member after her sketch at the table read flops:

:
    Stephen Saito, of IFC.com, reveals the inclusion of a particularly raw moment: In one scene, Casey Wilson describes "how she had 'zero confidence' amongst the cast of pros with seven-plus years of experience and after giving her all to a rendition of 'All That Jazz' that falls flat at the table read, she says in no uncertain terms that 'I wanted to kill myself' when she realized it went off the tracks."

It's too bad SNL didn't work out for her, she's always really funny in other non-SNL stuff. For example, she was hilarious on the "Comedy death Ray" podcast (great podcast btw!) about two weeks ago, playing Julie the obsessed stalker/ex-gf of Scott Aukerman (the CDR podcast host)

Edited on 04/06/2010 10:36pm

JustinRAn

[11]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 12
    I Want to See "All That Jazz" Sketch cause it Was Probably Better than ESPN/ What Up with That.

pretty_sure

[12]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 38

I think the thing for me is some of my favs are gone. Tina fey and Amy P.(dont know how to spell her last name write now). It seems so empty without them... I wish Amy would Host the show. But on topic now. I like the other nights episode of SNL hosted by Tina was the funniest all season.