Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

SNL's 2009 Emmy Nominations

Water78

[1]Jul 16, 2009
    • level: 47

Where to start: Yes i know i included them all a bit of overkill. Thoughts?

Supporting Comedy Actress
    Amy Poehler
    Kristen Wiig

Outstanding Variety, Music Or Comedy Series

Outstanding Writing For A Variety, Music Or Comedy Series

Outstanding Directing For A Variety, Music Or Comedy Series
    Host: Justin Timberlake, SNL Studios in as.sociation with NBC Studios and Broadway Video Don Roy King

Outstanding Guest Actor In A Comedy Series
    Host: Justin Timberlake, SNL Studios in as.sociation with NBC Studios and Broadway Video Justin Timberlake, as Various Characters

Outstanding Guest Actress In A Comedy Series
    Presidential Bash 2008, SNL Studios in as.sociation with NBC Studios and Broadway Video Tina Fey, as Governor Sarah Palin

Outstanding Hairstyling For A Multi-Camera Series Or Special
    SNL Studios in as.sociation with NBC Studios and Broadway Video Bettie O. Rogers, Department Head Hairstylist Jodi Mancuso, Key Hairstylist Inga Thrasher, Additional Hairstylist

Outstanding Creative Achievement in Interactive Media - Nonfiction
    NBC.com NBC.com, The Saturday Night Live Digital Experience

Outstanding Lighting Direction (Electronic, Multi-Camera) For Variety, Music Or Comedy Programming
    Host: Hugh Laurie, SNL Studios in as.sociation with NBC Studios and Broadway Video Geoff Amoral, Lighting Director Rick McGuinness, Lighting Director

Outstanding Makeup For A Multi-Camera Series Or Special (Non-Prosthetic)
    SNL Studios in as.sociation with NBC Studios and Broadway Video Louie Zakarian, Department Head Makeup Artist Josh Turi, Makeup Artist Amy Tagliamonti, Makeup Artist

Outstanding Original Music And Lyrics
    Host: Justin Timberlake / Song Title: Motherlover, SNL Studios in as.sociation with NBC Studios and Broadway Video Akiva Schaffer, Lyrics By Jorma Taccone, Lyrics By Andy Samberg, Lyrics By Justin Timberlake, Lyrics By Asa Taccone, Music By Drew Campbell

Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control For A Series
    Host: Josh Brolin, SNL Studios in as.sociation with NBC Studios and Broadway Video Steven Cimino, Technical Director John Pinto, Camera Paul Cangialosi, Camera Len Wechsler, Camera Barry Frischer, Camera Eric A. Eisenstein, Camera Susan Noll, Video Frank Grisanti, Video

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TheDiamondDog

[2]Jul 16, 2009
    • level: 61
    Timberlake is nominated? Safe to say this will pry add to his ego even more.

HelloStuart

[3]Jul 16, 2009
    • level: 63
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

It's not his first. He has previous nominations for SNL and his 2007 HBO concert "Futuresex Loveshow."

HelloStuart

[4]Jul 16, 2009
    Also, if it's worth noting, Bettie O. Rogers and Jodi Mancuso were the inspirations for the hosts of "Bronx Beat."
    Edited on 07/16/2009 1:27pm

whoaitsconner

[5]Jul 16, 2009
    • level: 21
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Also, if it's worth noting, Bettie O. Rogers and Jodi Mancuso were the inspirations for the hosts of "Bronx Beat."

Yes, that was what Maya said in that interview about her favorite sketches.

BaronOne

[6]Jul 16, 2009
    • level: 15
    Congrats to Kristin and SNL respectively for their big nominations!

Water78

[7]Jul 16, 2009
    HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

It's not his first. He has previous nominations for SNL and his 2007 HBO concert "Futuresex Loveshow."

Didnt he win the emmy for d!ck in a box?

HelloStuart

[8]Jul 16, 2009

Water78 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

Didn't he win the Emmy for d!ck in a box?

Yes, though his latest nod is just as deserving. He took a memorable novelty song that didn't necessary merit a sequel and somehow upped the ante. "Mother Lovers" will almost certainly win Best Original Song come September.

Edited on 07/16/2009 7:57pm

whoaitsconner

[9]Jul 17, 2009
    I think Kristen really does deserve best supporting actress, because she really is a huge huge talent, but honestly, it'll probably go to someone else like Jane for 30 Rock, or Amy, just because of seniority.

HelloStuart

[10]Jul 17, 2009
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    I think Kristen really does deserve best supporting actress, because she really is a huge huge talent, but honestly, it'll probably go to someone else like Jane for 30 Rock, or Amy, just because of seniority.

Amy's probably the least deserving. She was barely on half the season.

TheDiamondDog

[11]Jul 17, 2009
    • level: 61

HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

That's what I was thinking. She wasn't on much, but still got a nom.

I thought if she did get anything, it'd be for that new show of hers, not SNL.

HelloStuart

[12]Jul 17, 2009
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

That's what I was thinking. She wasn't on much, but still got a nom.

I thought if she did get anything, it'd be for that new show of hers, not SNL.

I think P&R scored one nomination, but it was a technical Emmy. Best Gaffer or something like that.

whoaitsconner

[13]Jul 17, 2009
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:

I know, and during that almost-half year, she couldn't do much because of her pregnancy, but, still, the chance of Kristen winning, even though I really really think she deserves it and I would love to see it, are just low, because there are bigger names against her. I'd love to see her acceptance speech, though.

Water78

[14]Jul 17, 2009
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    I know, and during that almost-half year, she couldn't do much because of her pregnancy, but, still, the chance of Kristen winning, even though I really really think she deserves it and I would love to see it, are just low, because there are bigger names against her. I'd love to see her acceptance speech, though.
    According to this site, Wiig has been casted in a new show called Bored to Death. I wonder if this will go any where.

HelloStuart

[15]Jul 17, 2009
    Water78 wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    whoaitsconner wrote:
    According to this site, Wiig has been casted in a new show called Bored to Death. I wonder if this will go any where.

I saw the trailer about a month ago. I think that was just a guest spot.

Water78

[16]Sep 19, 2009

So how do you think SNL is going to do on sunday?

Tina and Justin won, thought i add that.

HelloStuart

[17]Sep 19, 2009
    Water78 wrote:

So how do you think SNL is going to do on sunday?

Tina and Justin won, thought i add that.

There's something about the Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy category that feels empty, mostly because of the lack of familiar faces like Jaime Pressly and Jenna Fischer. I wouldn't mind seeing Amy or Wiigy win, and Jane Krakowski is perhaps the most deserving, but I think Wilhelmina has this wrapped up.

bry456

[18]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 19
    I usually enjoy the Emmy's Outstanding Writing for V, M, C nomination category because the writers from all those shows do something creative each year.

This year for SNL, Brian Williams announced all the writers names with a picture of each, then said something along the lines "or how they are commonly referred....nerds"

No SNL didn't win (Daily Show won), but I learned something, Alex Baze (head writer of Weekend Update) is a man and Marika Sawyer is a woman.

Water78

[19]Sep 22, 2009
    bry456 wrote:
    I usually enjoy the Emmy's Outstanding Writing for V, M, C nomination category because the writers from all those shows do something creative each year.

This year for SNL, Brian Williams announced all the writers names with a picture of each, then said something along the lines "or how they are commonly referred....nerds"

No SNL didn't win (Daily Show won), but I learned something, Alex Baze (head writer of Weekend Update) is a man and Marika Sawyer is a woman.

According to imdb The Daily show has won the award for Outstanding Variety, Music Or Comedy Series for 7 years in a row.

thecomedianky

[20]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 19
    Water78 wrote:
    bry456 wrote:

According to imdb The Daily show has won the award for Outstanding Variety, Music Or Comedy Series for 7 years in a row.
    conan won a few years ago.