Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

Special Discussion Thread: SNL Presents: A Very Gilly Christmas (12/17/09)

  • Avatar of Pulch23

    Pulch23

    [1]Dec 21, 2009
    • member since: 12/01/09
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 158
    SNL Christmas 2009 Has Holiday Themed Sketches with Gilly hosting. Special guests include: Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheDiamondDog

    TheDiamondDog

    [2]Dec 21, 2009
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 19,860
    I didn't turn it on till about 35 minutes in. But I was sad to see my fav skit, Dysfunctional Family Christmas, not shown in full.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [3]Dec 21, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,248
    I haven't watched it yet, though I'm assuming about 80% of the content was rehashed from that 2002 Fallon-Fey holiday special.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of avmon

    avmon

    [4]Dec 21, 2009
    • member since: 09/07/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,850
    I was soooo disappointed to not see "Merry Christmas, Dammit!" again. I would have loved to see Donny (Gary Kroeger) and Marie (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) kissing again. Not to mention Joe "Frank Sinatra" Piscopo singing his swingin' version of "Silent Night" and warbling "The Woody Woodpecker Song" and "Meet the Flintstones". And there's the (Don) King family...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [5]Dec 22, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,248
    avmon wrote:
    I was soooo disappointed to not see "Merry Christmas, Dammit!" again. I would have loved to see Donny (Gary Kroeger) and Marie (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) kissing again. Not to mention Joe "Frank Sinatra" Piscopo singing his swingin' version of "Silent Night" and warbling "The Woody Woodpecker Song" and "Meet the Flintstones". And there's the (Don) King family...

    Don't forget the eyeball ornament, courtesy of Sammy Davis, Jr.

    Really? The token Ebersol sketch got the shaft?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of avmon

    avmon

    [6]Dec 22, 2009
    • member since: 09/07/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,850
    HelloStuart wrote:
    avmon wrote:
    I was soooo disappointed to not see "Merry Christmas, Dammit!" again. I would have loved to see Donny (Gary Kroeger) and Marie (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) kissing again. Not to mention Joe "Frank Sinatra" Piscopo singing his swingin' version of "Silent Night" and warbling "The Woody Woodpecker Song" and "Meet the Flintstones". And there's the (Don) King family...

    Don't forget the eyeball ornament, courtesy of Sammy Davis, Jr.

    Really? The token Ebersol sketch got the shaft?
    Well, they did show "Mister Robinson's Neighborhood" from when Eddie returned in Dec. '84 though only the first two minutes sans the final gag of him selling a "Cabbage" Patch doll...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheDiamondDog

    TheDiamondDog

    [7]Dec 22, 2009
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 19,860
    I was wondering, that Two A-Holes in the nativity scene, was that from another show or was that new? I don't remember it at all, but I enjoyed it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of avmon

    avmon

    [8]Dec 22, 2009
    • member since: 09/07/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,850
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    I was wondering, that Two A-Holes in the nativity scene, was that from another show or was that new? I don't remember it at all, but I enjoyed it.
    I believe that was from the one hosted by Annette Benning as she was in it...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [9]Dec 23, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,248
    avmon wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    I was wondering, that Two A-Holes in the nativity scene, was that from another show or was that new? I don't remember it at all, but I enjoyed it.
    I believe that was from the one hosted by Annette Bening as she was in it...

    Correct; that was from Bening/Stefani/Akon, Year 32.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.