Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

The Off-Topic Lounge

Pulch23

[1]Dec 21, 2009
    • level: 7

Here is the off topic lounge. Here we can discuss something other than SNL and not get introuble for it.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

avmon

[2]Dec 21, 2009
    • level: 16
    Okay, I'll start. Soooo glad Natalie won "Survivor". I admired Russell but couldn't stand that he lied about surviving Hurricane Katrina especially since he was nowhere near New Orleans during that time. Speaking of the Crescent City, what a bummer the Saints had their perfect game record broken by the Cowboys beating them in the last game! Oh, and I highly recommend Disney's The Princess and the Frog. So glad to see 2-D animation back at the studio. And Randy Newman wrote songs that did justice to the period and setting. BTW, R.I.P. Roy E. Disney. I'm sure his uncle Walt and father Roy O. welcomed him with open arms up there...
    Edited on 12/21/2009 9:08am

HelloStuart

[3]Dec 21, 2009
    • level: 63
    One can only hope this thread doesn't get locked and deleted like the first one.

thecomedianky

[4]Dec 21, 2009
    • level: 19
    i'm writing a dark comedy.

HelloStuart

[5]Dec 21, 2009
    Yesterday, I had my first stage performance at Second City. If something gets posted on YouTube, I'll let you all know.

TheDiamondDog

[6]Dec 22, 2009
    • level: 61
    I'm working on a play about vampires.

HelloStuart

[7]Dec 23, 2009

HelloStuart wrote:
    Yesterday, I had my first stage performance at Second City. If something gets posted on YouTube, I'll let you all know.

The first half of our show has been posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAAc07o_8z0

The second half should be uploaded eventually.

HelloStuart

[8]Dec 23, 2009
    HelloStuart wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:

The first half of our show has been posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAAc07o_8z0

The second half should be uploaded eventually.

...and here's part two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1khV2BPckEw Enjoy!

avmon

[9]Dec 29, 2009
    This just in! Charlie Sheen got arrested for allegedly beating his wife with a knife. Bristol and ex-boyfriend Levi are fighting custody of their baby. 2009 can't be over soon enough...

avmon

[10]Jan 1, 2010
    Watched "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest" again last night and I have to say: Dick should retire! He can still form full sentences but it's getting harder to understand what he is saying. And he seems senile next to the energetic Secrest. Either announce his retirement before the next one or say on it "This is my last public appearance" before saying his final thoughts on his legendary career. 77-year old Casey Kasem left the airwaves last July with more grace and his voice, while a little aged, still sounded good. Clark, with his stroke, just sounds old and not very professional.

HelloStuart

[11]Jan 1, 2010
    avmon wrote:
    Watched "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest" again last night and I have to say: Dick should retire! He can still form full sentences but it's getting harder to understand what he is saying. And he seems senile next to the energetic Secrest. Either announce his retirement before the next one or say on it "This is my last public appearance" before saying his final thoughts on his legendary career. 77-year old Casey Kasem left the airwaves last July with more grace and his voice, while a little aged, still sounded good. Clark, with his stroke, just sounds old and not very professional.

It was painful when Clark came back four years ago, and things haven't improved. Did you see when he botched the countdown?

avmon

[12]Jan 1, 2010
    HelloStuart wrote:
    avmon wrote:

It was painful when Clark came back four years ago, and things haven't improved. Did you see when he botched the countdown?
    It's possible that I did but beyond his mostly unintelligible talking, I don't think I really noticed.

BaronOne

[13]Jan 1, 2010
    • level: 15
    Can you imagine if for some reason Clark hosted? Yikes.

HelloStuart

[14]Jan 2, 2010
    avmon wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    avmon wrote:

It's possible that I did but beyond his mostly unintelligible talking, I don't think I really noticed.

He went "12, 13, 10, 9..."

TheDiamondDog

[15]Jan 2, 2010
    • level: 61

HelloStuart wrote:
    avmon wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    avmon wrote:
    He went "12, 13, 10, 9..."

Oh my God? Really? Wow.

thecomedianky

[16]Jan 2, 2010
    • level: 19
    i saw the botched countown. it's not new years without dick clark. i guess people will get used to saying that it's not new years without ryan seacrest.

HelloStuart

[17]Jan 3, 2010
    thecomedianky wrote:
    i saw the botched countown. it's not new years without dick clark. i guess people will get used to saying that it's not new years without ryan seacrest.

There used to be a time when people said it's not New Year's without Guy Lombardo. Guy died 33 years ago.

Pulch23

[18]Jan 6, 2010
    • level: 7
    How where the holidays guys?

HelloStuart

[19]Jan 6, 2010
    Pulch23 wrote:
    How where the holidays guys?

To be honest, kinda quiet. I spent Christmas with family, though I stayed home for New Year's (my plans never materialized).

avmon

[20]Jan 7, 2010
    Just read on tvguide.com that NBC may make some changes after they air the Olympics and retun Jay Leno to 10:35 cst for a half hour, have Conan retain his hour at 11:05, with Jimmy Fallon an hour after that but no mention of whether Carson Daily stays on after that. I wrote there (as SNLfan) that it's good Allen, Paar, (Johnny) Carson, and Snyder aren't alive to see this disaster waiting to happen. I mean, the network makes these changes, sees both shows fail, and then hopes to get back some dignity (and former audiences) by almost changing them back. And Letterman's back to being number one because of all this! (It probably helped some ratings-certainly didn't hurt-with his troubles concerning his jokes on Sarah Palin's daughter(s) that got some confused or his confession of his affairs with some female staffers after a "48 Hrs." producer tried to extort him.) I smell a bloodbath at the Peacock network...
    Edited on 01/07/2010 11:13pm