Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

The Off-Topic Lounge

HelloStuart

[61]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 63
    avmon wrote:
    Pulch23 wrote:
    What did you think of the game. It was great. What about the commercials?

The one with Leno, Oprah, and Letterman was a hoot...

...and it shook me to my core.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BaronOne

[62]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 15

Hey since someone advertised their site here before, here's mine.

http://macas539.wordpress.com/

It's SNL-related as I have a bunch of reviews up for recent and past episodes plus some other movie reviews. Recently, I even put a poll up on the best current male/female castmembers..

Check it out!

Pulch23

[63]Feb 12, 2010
    • level: 7
    Anybody get hit by some snow?

avmon

[64]Feb 12, 2010
    • level: 16
    Pulch23 wrote:
    Here in Baton Rouge this morning, we got some snowfall for several hours resulting in school closings but it's gone now with the rain having doused them out. Guess I'll find out later this evening on the news if anyone got to make a snowman...

HelloStuart

[65]Feb 12, 2010
    Pulch23 wrote:

Tell me about it. At least Chicago only got 10 inches.

TheDiamondDog

[66]Feb 12, 2010
    • level: 61

HelloStuart wrote:
    Pulch23 wrote:

We got 9.

Stu, did you feel the earthquake? We didn't over here.

avmon

[67]Feb 12, 2010
    avmon wrote:
    Pulch23 wrote:
    Here in Baton Rouge this morning, we got some snowfall for several hours resulting in school closings but it's gone now with the rain having doused them out. Guess I'll find out later this evening on the news if anyone got to make a snowman...
    They showed one picture of a family with a small snowman. At least some kids had fun while I stayed inside...

HelloStuart

[68]Feb 13, 2010
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    Pulch23 wrote:

We got 9.

Stu, did you feel the earthquake? We didn't over here.

Barely. The fault line was somewhere in central Kane County, about 45 minutes from my house. On the other hand, on the night of the quake I remember having a dream abruptly end, being awake for about five seconds, then starting a new dream almost immediately.

HelloStuart

[69]Feb 14, 2010
    Just so you guys know: for the third year in a row, Flying Hellfish from the "Simpsons" forum has set up a Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball league just for TV.com members past and present. Mark/mp34mp is in the league, as are a couple of guys from the Sports Forum. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll give you the registration info.

Pulch23

[70]Mar 5, 2010

Steve andAlec host the oscars this weekend. Going to watch and see what they do? I plan to watch the opening and their monologue and then tune out.

Edited on 03/05/2010 4:57am

HelloStuart

[71]Mar 5, 2010
    Pulch23 wrote:

Steve and Alec host the oscars this weekend. Going to watch and see what they do? I plan to watch the opening and their monologue and then tune out.

I intend to DVR the first part of the show; I have class until 6 and I don't get back home until after 7:30.

avmon

[72]Mar 5, 2010
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Pulch23 wrote:

Steve and Alec host the oscars this weekend. Going to watch and see what they do? I plan to watch the opening and their monologue and then tune out.

I intend to DVR the first part of the show; I have class until 6 and I don't get back home until after 7:30.
    I'll DVR until 10:30 cst when I'm home from work and will be able to watch the rest. Then I'll watch the rest of it and the last Barbara Walters Oscar special ever before that. I'm so glad to have Steve Martin back as a host! Oh, and of the major nominees, I've only seen Avatar and Sandra Bullock in The Blind Side so if they win...

avmon

[73]Mar 7, 2010

avmon wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Pulch23 wrote:

I'll DVR until 10:30 cst when I'm home from work and will be able to watch the rest. Then I'll watch the rest of it and the last Barbara Walters Oscar special ever before that. I'm so glad to have Steve Martin back as a host! Oh, and of the major nominees, I've only seen Avatar and Sandra Bullock in The Blind Side so if they win...
    Just watched the Oscars on DVR. Most noticeable change: After 20 or so years of presenters saying "And the Oscar goes to", it went back to "And the winner is". In fact, I think only once did a presenter say the former. Also, what an awesome tribute to the late John Hughes from his castmembers of his various movies. And with his family in the audience, too. That's all I feel like writing for now...

Edited on 03/07/2010 11:47pm

HelloStuart

[74]Mar 8, 2010
    avmon wrote:

avmon wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Pulch23 wrote:

Just watched the Oscars on DVR. Most noticeable change: After 20 or so years of presenters saying "And the Oscar goes to", it went back to "And the winner is". In fact, I think only once did a presenter say the former. Also, what an awesome tribute to the late John Hughes from his castmembers of his various movies. And with his family in the audience, too. That's all I feel like writing for now...

My favorite moment was after the "Blind Side" clip, and you can see the real-life Touhys just rolling their eyes...

avmon

[75]Mar 8, 2010
    HelloStuart wrote:
    avmon wrote:

avmon wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Pulch23 wrote:

My favorite moment was after the "Blind Side" clip, and you can see the real-life Touhys just rolling their eyes...
    Oh, and Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin were great as hosts...

TheDiamondDog

[76]Mar 8, 2010

avmon wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    avmon wrote:

avmon wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Pulch23 wrote:

The monologue was quite entertaining.

But there is a bit of a scandal (best word I thought of) since during In Memoriam they failed to show Farraw Fawcett or Bea Aurthur. Yet they showed Michael Jackson, who only appeared in one movie, and did a song for one other. That's enough?

HelloStuart

[77]Mar 9, 2010

TheDiamondDog wrote:
    avmon wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    avmon wrote:

But there is a bit of a scandal (best word I thought of) since during In Memoriam they failed to show Farrah Fawcett or Bea Arthur. Yet they showed Michael Jackson, who only appeared in one movie, and did a song for one other. That's enough?

If you count "This Is It," that's two movies. Nevertheless, MJ was an all-encompassing cultural icon.

As for Baldwin and Martin, they got off to a good start (I loved all those Streep jokes) though they were very uneven from that point on.

algetrig91

[78]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 34
    HelloStuart wrote:

TheDiamondDog wrote:
    avmon wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    avmon wrote:

But there is a bit of a scandal (best word I thought of) since during In Memoriam they failed to show Farrah Fawcett or Bea Arthur. Yet they showed Michael Jackson, who only appeared in one movie, and did a song for one other. That's enough?

If you count "This Is It," that's two movies. Nevertheless, MJ was an all-encompassing cultural icon.

As for Baldwin and Martin, they got off to a good start (I loved all those Streep jokes) though they were very uneven from that point on.

Yeah. I don't think an argument of why MJ was there can go very far. Also, Baldwin and Martin had a nice joke pace, though it seemed like Alec was second fiddle to me.

Pulch23

[79]Mar 16, 2010

Any plans for St. Patty's Day tomorrow?

TheDiamondDog

[80]Mar 17, 2010

Sadly, I don't really. I have to do work for a paper and a midterm, both by tomorrow.