Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

The Off-Topic Lounge

algetrig91

[101]May 29, 2010
    • level: 34
    HelloStuart wrote:

On behalf of the Chicagoan contingent of this forum (Solzy, the late lamented Mark, maybe Justin), let me say this for posterity:

GO BLACKHAWKS!

If they're gonna win anytime soon, it'll be this year.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

avmon

[102]Jun 3, 2010
    • level: 16
    Has anyone followed up on the events after Gary Coleman's death like I have?

HelloStuart

[103]Jun 4, 2010
    • level: 63
    avmon wrote:

Yeah, it's pretty messed-up stuff. It's like his widow just let him die.

avmon

[104]Jun 4, 2010
    HelloStuart wrote:
    avmon wrote:

And what about his adopted parents, who cheated him out of his trust fund, now wanting to bring him back to his hometown in Illinois to be buried there? The same people he has been estranged from the last 20 or so years? I have no sympathy for them at all...

TheDiamondDog

[105]Jun 4, 2010
    • level: 61

avmon wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    avmon wrote:
    And what about his adopted parents, who cheated him out of his trust fund, now wanting to bring him back to his hometown in Illinois to be buried there? The same people he has been estranged from the last 20 or so years? I have no sympathy for them at all...

I thought he had nothing to do with his parents, that he seperated from them in the 1980s. How do they get a say?

HelloStuart

[106]Jun 10, 2010

You'll have to excuse my belligerence of late, but I have to say this one more time:

GO BLACKHAWKS!

Pulch23

[107]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 7

I am leaving for Uruguay tomorrow. I will be spending the next three months there. Today is my last day with you wonderful people here.

HelloStuart: Your god-wise wisdom brought much intellect to me.
    Double D: I apologize for never given credit to your wisdom on the death of the golden girls.
    Justin: Stay sexy

To everybody else, Thank you for being a friend
    Traveled down the road and back again
    Your heart is true your a pal and a confidant.
    And if you through a party
    Invited everyone you ever knew
    You would see the biggest gift would be from me
    And the card attached would say thank you for being a friend.

bry456

[108]Jul 15, 2010
    • level: 19

I would love to go to South America, especially Uruguay, Chile and Argentina. I hear it's like a southern hemisphere Europe down there, without the high cost.

Edited on 07/15/2010 1:41pm
    Edited 2 total times.

bry456

[109]Jul 15, 2010

Last week, I saw "Extract" for the first time (good movie btw). Kristin Wiig was pretty good as Jason Bateman's wife. Mike Judge's small role as a potbellied factory worker in one scene was funny too.

Edited on 07/15/2010 1:42pm
    Edited 2 total times.

avmon

[110]Aug 15, 2010
    R.I.P "At the Movies"

thecomedianky

[111]Aug 22, 2010
    avmon wrote:
    R.I.P "At the Movies"
    Amen to that.

In other news, my thesis paper is over. I'll be spending more time here after I finish catching up on Mad Men.

avmon

[112]Sep 27, 2010
    Since this doesn't really have to do with "SNL", I thought I'd mention it here: Max Weinberg will not return as musical director when "Conan" premieres in November. His assistant Jimmy Vivino will replace him. Since Vivino had subbed for Max before, he should do fine taking his place. Unfortunately, I don't have cable so I won't be able to watch...

HelloStuart

[113]Sep 28, 2010
    avmon wrote:
    Since this doesn't really have to do with "SNL", I thought I'd mention it here: Max Weinberg will not return as musical director when "Conan" premieres in November. His assistant Jimmy Vivino will replace him. Since Vivino had subbed for Max before, he should do fine taking his place. Unfortunately, I don't have cable so I won't be able to watch...

Though Max will allegedly keep touring with Bruce as well as the recently formed Max Weinberg Big Band, I thought I heard something about recurring wrist injuries that would've limited his playing on a daily basis.

Would it be safe to assume James Wormworth (Max's designated sub) will now be the permenant drummer?

avmon

[114]Sep 29, 2010
    HelloStuart wrote:
    avmon wrote:

Though Max will allegedly keep touring with Bruce as well as the recently formed Max Weinberg Big Band, I thought I heard something about recurring wrist injuries that would've limited his playing on a daily basis.

Would it be safe to assume James Wormworth (Max's designated sub) will now be the permenant drummer?
    That would be sooo cool if Wormworth was indeed the replacement drummer...

HelloStuart

[115]Sep 29, 2010
    avmon wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    avmon wrote:

That would be soooo cool if Wormworth was indeed the replacement drummer...

Conan would make barefoot jokes every night...

TheDiamondDog

[116]Sep 29, 2010
    • level: 61

HelloStuart wrote:
    avmon wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    avmon wrote:
    Though Max will allegedly keep touring with Bruce as well as the recently formed Max Weinberg Big Band, I thought I heard something about recurring wrist injuries that would've limited his playing on a daily basis. Would it be safe to assume James Wormworth (Max's designated sub) will now be the permenant drummer?
    That would be soooo cool if Wormworth was indeed the replacement drummer...
    Conan would make barefoot jokes every night...

It will be strange without Conan calling someone a perv though, as he would Max every show.

So, did Max move back to Jersey, or is he staying out West?

TheRoseArt

[117]Oct 3, 2010
    • level: 1

Hey, I just wanted to introduce myself here. My name is Rose and I learned of this site over at another SNL fan site. I've read some view points from a person. I think his name is Mark Polishuk. Was he amember here?

HelloStuart

[118]Oct 3, 2010
    TheRoseArt wrote:

Hey, I just wanted to introduce myself here. My name is Rose and I learned of this site over at another SNL fan site. I've read some view points from a person. I think his name is Mark Polishuk. Was he a member here?

No, but we used to have a Mark Peterson. Either way, welcome.

bry456

[119]Oct 5, 2010

TheRoseArt wrote:

Hey, I just wanted to introduce myself here. My name is Rose and I learned of this site over at another SNL fan site. I've read some view points from a person. I think his name is Mark Polishuk. Was he amember here?

Hi, I noticed on the other site you were reviewing 75-76 episodes and abruptly stopped at the 1/10 Elliot Gould episode, any plans to continue? It was interesting hearing that perspective on season 1.

Edited on 10/05/2010 10:08am

TheRoseArt

[120]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 1
    bry456 wrote:

TheRoseArt wrote:

Hi, I noticed on the other site you were reviewing 75-76 episodes and abruptly stopped at the 1/10 Elliot Gould episode, any plans to continue? It was interesting hearing that perspective on season 1.

Bry! It's so nice to hear from you. I did not know people from the other site were here. Thank you so much for taking interests in my reviews. Stooge had a major influence on mine. Stooge's are just so well put together.

The problem I ran into was that school returned back into my life. I have not had the time to sit down and watch a show and then review it. Once I come back into some free time I will return. I actually stopped watching with the first Buck Henry episode. I have a review saved somewhere on my laptop. Once I find it I will post it, so keep an eye out Thanks again for taking interesting.