TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

The Off-Topic Lounge

  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [141]May 10, 2012
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,194

    My 2012 Emmy predictions:


    http://www.tv.com/users/HelloStuart/profile.php?action=show_blog&entry=m-100-25983172

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [143]May 10, 2012
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,194
    rishabhpb wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:

    My 2012 Emmy predictions:


    http://www.tv.com/users/HelloStuart/profile.php?action=show_blog&entry=m-100-25983172



    Typo: Emily Thorne instead of Emilia Clarke. If that's whom you meant!


    Yes, thank you for catching that. That will be corrected.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [145]May 24, 2012
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,194
    rishabhpb wrote:
    I just got SNL seasons 13, 19 and 20. I've started on 13, and some of these episodes are kinda hard to watch. Maybe 1-2 decent sketches per episode! Even in supposedly good episodes like the Danny Devito one.

    Year 13 starts off slow; alas, the strongest episodes air immediately before the writers' strike. Also keep in mind that there was no final dress rehearsal for the Steve Martin show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [147]May 25, 2012
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,194
    rishabhpb wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    rishabhpb wrote:
    I just got SNL seasons 13, 19 and 20. I've started on 13, and some of these episodes are kinda hard to watch. Maybe 1-2 decent sketches per episode! Even in supposedly good episodes like the Danny Devito one.

    Year 13 starts off slow; alas, the strongest episodes air immediately before the writers' strike. Also keep in mind that there was no final dress rehearsal for the Steve Martin show.


    It's a good thing I can skip stuff - there are plenty of political sketches (Republican debates and such) that, while well done, I don't get. Can't watch WU either, too topical. And I didn't even know LL Cool J had a career 25 years ago!


    Yeah, his first album dropped in '85. Hard to believe Cool James is in his mid-40s.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [148]Jul 9, 2012
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,194
    Sometime in the next few weeks, CNet is dropping the blog option from our profiles.

    As you might imagine, I'm peeved by this.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheDiamondDog

    TheDiamondDog

    [149]Jul 11, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 19,860

    HelloStuart wrote:
    Sometime in the next few weeks, CNet is dropping the blog option from our profiles. As you might imagine, I'm peeved by this.


    Really? Bummer. This is my only blog. So now it is just going to be a forum, I presume.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [150]Jul 12, 2012
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,194
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

    HelloStuart wrote:
    Sometime in the next few weeks, CNet is dropping the blog option from our profiles.

    As you might imagine, I'm peeved by this.


    Really? Bummer. This is my only blog. So now it is just going to be a forum, I presume.


    Just about, yes. In a few minutes I'll edit my signature to include my blog link (and remove a promo for a TV series I wrote for five years ago).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of drudager

    drudager

    [151]Jul 13, 2012
    • member since: 07/07/11
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,282
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Yeah, his first album dropped in '85. Hard to believe Cool James is in his mid-40s.


    Hey you're no Spring Chicken yourself, Stu

    Tell those kids to pull up their pants to stop showing their underwear & to stay off your lawn yet?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [152]Dec 27, 2012
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,194


    At long last, I look back at the year in music, 2012. Weekly Update #390. Let's get an argument started!


    http://heystu.blogspot.com/2012/12/that-wonderful-year-in-music-2012.html


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [153]Jun 25, 2013
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,194

    BLACKHAWKS!!!


    That is all.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [154]Aug 30, 2013
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,194
    If anyone wants to join the TV.com NFL Pick'Um League at Yahoo, please let me know ASAP.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of benjaminlebar

    benjaminlebar

    [155]Jan 7, 2014
    • member since: 12/18/12
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 15

    Seeing this is the off-topic section:


    How do I make my avatar appear when I am posting in the forum?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [156]Jan 10, 2014
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,194
    benjaminlebar wrote:

    Seeing this is the off-topic section:


    How do I make my avatar appear when I am posting in the forum?


    Good question. I use my Facebook profile pic as my avatar.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of avmon

    avmon

    [157]Dec 10, 2014
    • member since: 09/07/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,788
    David Letterman's final show is on May 20, 2015. Discuss.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [158]Dec 15, 2014
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,194
    avmon wrote:
    David Letterman's final show is on May 20, 2015. Discuss.

    The date makes sense; it'll be 23 years to the day of Carson's last show. If anything, it just reminds me of how much I've lost control of the Late Show episode guide.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of avmon

    avmon

    [159]Dec 15, 2014
    • member since: 09/07/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,788

    HelloStuart wrote:
    avmon wrote:
    David Letterman's final show is on May 20, 2015. Discuss.
    The date makes sense; it'll be 23 years to the day of Carson's last show. If anything, it just reminds me of how much I've lost control of the Late Show episode guide.
    One of my earliest memories of watching Dave was when he did his morning show back in 1980 and he got a big laugh at the beginning of his monologue quoting President Carter's brother Billy: "I'm not a boob, buffoon, or whacko!" Loved him ever since...I just remembered he had guested on "Mork & Mindy" beforehand playing a motivational speaker who once tells Mork, "Sit down and shut up!"

    Edited on 12/15/2014 10:16am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.