Saturday Night Live Forums

Saturday 11:30 PM on NBCIn Season

VH1 Repeats from 1975 to 2005

JustinRAn

[1]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 12

This will store all the info for SNL episodes on VH1 that were made before tv.com started.

Kate Hudson

Second Presidential Debate

Kate Hudson's Monologue

Inside the Actors Studio

Sully's Home

Home From College

Meet the Press (I Wish Jimmy did Rick Lazio more, It was funny)

Musical Performance- Radiohead: The National Anthem (Looking drunk/dazed though)

Woodrow

Rabun to Shuri

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JustinRAn

[2]Dec 13, 2011
    Cuba Gooding Jr.

Dream
    Cuba Gooding Jr. Monologue
    The Ladies Man
    Musical Performance- Ricky Martin: Livin' La Vida Loca (One of the Best Musical Performances I've seen on SNL)
    Weekend Update (Monologue? Cut, No other obvious edits) PS, Remember the hype for Episode 1 of Star Wars?
    Bible Miniseries
    Martha Stewart Living

PS, Is it just me or are the Credits longer in older episodes than newer ones?

JustinRAn

[3]Dec 13, 2011
    Gwyneth Paltrow 1

No Gloating
    Gwyneth Paltrow's British Monologue (Can Ben have a breakup that Isn't in the News?)
    Black Angels (Poor Molly)
    E! Impeachment Coverage
    Weekend Update (Colin's Monologue Cut)
    Mindy & Sky
    Doing Voices

drudager

[4]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 13
    JustinRAn wrote:

PS, Is it just me or are the Credits longer in older episodes than newer ones?

It depends. One thing to notice is that in syndication, they tend to speed up the episodes slightly so they can cram more sketch into a smaller time allot, and I'm sure within they cut short / edit scenes, too. It always bugged me when I wanted to see a sketch and it was cut from syndication. It's like, "who are they to judge what's worthy & what's not?" It's also bizarre seeing WU in extremely short fragments.

drudager

[5]Dec 13, 2011
    JustinRAn wrote:

This will store all the info for SNL episodes on

Good, now you only got about 582 episodes to go! I wonder if this info would be much more handy & essential if they went directly to the Episode Guide & notes section specifically, tho there seems to be a precedence there. I think just randomly listing VH1 versions is just going to get too long, tedious and unorganized in the long run. There's no way to differentiate from seasons or anything in a thread. Also you would need to put data like specific airdate, season and links because "Paltrow 1" does nothing reference-wise.

JustinRAn

[6]Dec 13, 2011
    See, I Would put these in that area but on tv.com you have to prove your facts and I can't really do that with the VH1 repeats.

Plus Season 24 is about the earliest VH1 has showed... So far

drudager

[7]Dec 13, 2011

JustinRAn wrote:
    See, I Would put these in that area but on tv.com you have to prove your facts and I can't really do that with the VH1 repeats. Plus Season 24 is about the earliest VH1 has showed... So far

Let's keep in mind, VH1 won't always have the repeats, and syndication archives will vary in the future. I randomly searched and it happened to have the VH1 repeats in the Notes:

http://www.tv.com/shows/saturday-night-live/will-ferrell-queens-of-the-stone-age-415133/

I don't see why it would hard to "prove" because it's either there or it isn't. I guess it's up to the mods, but it's impossible to actually provide a source unless it's an actual syndication video, and who puts that online?

HelloStuart

[8]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 63
    drudager wrote:

JustinRAn wrote:
    See, I Would put these in that area but on tv.com you have to prove your facts and I can't really do that with the VH1 repeats. Plus Season 24 is about the earliest VH1 has showed... So far

Let's keep in mind, VH1 won't always have the repeats, and syndication archives will vary in the future. I randomly searched and it happened to have the VH1 repeats in the Notes:

http://www.tv.com/shows/saturday-night-live/will-ferrell-queens-of-the-stone-age-415133/

I don't see why it would hard to "prove" because it's either there or it isn't. I guess it's up to the mods, but it's impossible to actually provide a source unless it's an actual syndication video, and who puts that online?

I'm with Dolph on this. Please don't waste all this time and energy. I'll be glad to look over your submissions and/or edits.