Saturday Night Live

Jennifer Lopez (2)

Aired Saturday 11:30 PM Feb 27, 2010 on NBC

6.3
  • I can see their soul patches

"Jenny from the block" Lopez takes her second turn as host and musical guest a little over nine years after her previous one.

Cold Open- We Are the World 3- After his previous disasterous assembly at remaking the 1985 charity song, Quincy Jones (Kenan) finds his third attempt not much better -- featuring everyone from Rihanna(Jenny), Gwen Stefani (Kristin), Adam Lambert (Jason), David Crosby (Bobby), Eddie Vedder (Bill), Willie Nelson (Will) to Carlos Santana (Fred). This was a great edition to those parodies of the like minded song the show during the early '90s.

Monologue- Jennifer talks to her former orange juice holder (Kenan) and lookalike drag queens (Bill, Jason). Eh.

Gyne-Lotrimin Women's Championship of Curling 1987- Greg Stink (Will) and Pete Twinkle (Jason) provide more off-the-wall color commentary and bizarre pun-laden sponsor shout outs during a curling match. I am beginning to enjoy these more and more as time passes. Its not the premise, its Jason and Will performance in these that make these things work.

Flags of the World (Digital Short)- Various flags of different countries are showcased as well as non-nation flags -- Black Flag, We love Betty White flag, etc. I like bizarre, so this worked me.

Hollywood Dish- Hosts (Kristin, Bill) ask Jennifer bizarre questions on the celebrity chat show, then edit the footage to make her look crazy. Pretty much carbon copy of the one from the Taylor Swift episode, even down to the disgusting spit-take. Telemundo on the Winter Olympics- Telemundo anchors (Jennifer, Fred, Jenny, Bill) are intrigued by the winter games and their winter atmosphere. I got the joke, but it wasn't that funny.

Undercover Celebrity Boss- a take off of the cable reality show finds well known CEOs, Steve Jobs (Fred), Richard Branson (Bill), Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen (Nasim, Jenny) and Martha Stewart (Kristin) spending some time working in the various trenches of their respective corporations. The impression were funny and spoof of the premise worked.

Jennifer transforms from back side wiggling into soccer mom on the bland AOR of "Pieces".

Weekend Update- great jokes from Seth, including the Waffle House and Tiger Woods jokes, and to discuss the decision to not seek election to a full term as governor next November, is the New Jersey-joking New York governor David Paterson. Solid edition

Besos y Lagrimas- The overdramatic Univision telenovela finds nun Josefina (Jennifer) having an affair with Carlos (Fred) only for him to be killed by his wife (Kristin). I love the previous editions of these and this was no exception. Puppet loving co-worker= At the office, a man (Jason) has a conversation with his co-worker (Jennifer) about her puppets while being punctuated by a smooth sensual voiceover of a man on a conveyor belt (Kenan). A second go around for this sketch was unnecessary like the aforementioned Hollywood Dish.

Jennifer continues her soccer mom balladeering with "Starting Over"

Smash Mouth in the Closet- a young girl (Nasim) is continuously frighten by pop band Smash Mouth (Fred, Bobby, Bill) whom come out from hiding in her closet and jumping through walls to perform their big late '90s hit. Sketch of the night, delirious and bizarre.

Car Horns and More- Tina Tina (Jenny) goes from hawking doorbells to car horns, and with her cousin (Jennifer) in tow, all feature their deadpan voices. For a second time around, I enjoyed this. Closet Organizer- a repeat from last month's Jon Hamm episode. Still holds up.

Decent show overall. 6.5/10