Saturday Night Live

Jennifer Lopez (2)

Aired Saturday 11:30 PM Feb 27, 2010 on NBC

6.3
  • Jennifer Lopez hosts.

Jennifer Lopez is your host tonight. While she can still turn heads at 40 her music and films haven't really been relevant in some time. Could she bring the laughs tonight on SNL?

We Are The World: "Well, that was pretty bad too." Nice, clever take on the stupidity that was the We Are The World remake. A different way to open SNL is never a bad thing either.

Monologue: Lopez seems to be ready for hosting duties. But will she be funny? We'll see.

ESPN Classic: Another one of these. One of the writers must really love this sketch concept. Flags of the World: Sometimes these digital shorts are a bit too creative. This was one of those cases.

Hollywood Dish: Another segment that has been redone too much this season, but Hader and Wiig together is difficult to top. Telemundo Olympic Coverage: As expected, there would be a lot of spanish-themed segments today and this was one of them. Undercover celebrity Boss: "Because I'm Martha ****** Stewart!" Dumb parody of Undercover Boss. Weekend Update: "Gatorade officially dropped Tiger Woods as its spokesperson this week after realizing that his thirst would never be quenched." Bobby Moynihan combatting the SNL Studio's awful Wi-fi was kind of funny, but after three years I'm still not a fan of his yet. And what would it be without some NEW JUHSEE!! hate?

Besos y Lagrimas: If you like Conan O'Brien telenovelas, you probably liked this. I don't, and I didn't.

Romance: Another recurring sketch, marking the second appearance of Kenan as a 70's-esque love guru first done during Taylor Lautner's episode. "They both like kids and we all know there's only one way to make them."

Tina Sells Carhorns: Jenny Slate now has a recurring character? That shows you how desperate this show is. I hated her doorbell skit and this carhorn one was even worse. Closet Organizer: Surprised to see this make a return but then again Edible Pampers aired three times so nothing should shock me now. ---

Final thoughts: Jennifer Lopez really tried here, but this episode just felt thrown together. Not enough material for her to work with, but her energy was appreciated.