Saturday Night Live

Jennifer Lopez (2)

Aired Saturday 11:30 PM Feb 27, 2010 on NBC

6.3
  • Remember? I used to hold the orange juice...

It's quite generous of NBC to air Saturday Night Live, even though the winer olmpics of aught-10 are still going on. Instead of the usual 4-week break, we only had a 3-week break until we viewed another new episode.

Our host tonight is Jeniffer Lopez, who is also our musical guest. She seems like a decent enough host from her last stint a decade ago, but, I'm not too much of a fan of her music.

We Are The World 3: This made a very good point of the "We Are The World 2" 'disaster'. I, personally, could not stand "We Are The World 2". They should have just never done that. But, anyways, the impressions in this sketch were great. Kristen Wiig's Gwen Stafani was right on, as was J-Lo's Rihanna.

Monologue: Yes, people do grow up. It was a pretty funny monologue. Kenan, Bill, and Jason walking off was funny.

Curling World Cup: These sketches still make me laugh. But, maybe we should put a stop to this sketch, until May sweeps or something. I am loving the trend of doing feminine hygeine products too.

Flags of the World: A silly premise of some sorts. Nothing to special. The "Oh No You Just Didn't" "Oh Yes I Did" flags were funny.

Hollywood Dish: This was a funny return. It was okay. I laughed a few parts. The ironic way they turn it around is pretty funny.

Vancouver 2010: This sketch wasn't anything too special.

Undercover Boss: This was a funny take on that show I've been seeing all these previews to. Kristen as Martha Stewart was the best part.

Musical Performance: J-Lo plays out "Pieces", which didn't do much for me!

Weekend Update: Update was pretty decent tonight. Bobby's commentary was a good idea, and Fred as David Paterson was pretty funny.

Besos Y Lagrimas: They've done this sketch 2 times before this. One of them being funny (originally with Christina Aguilera), just because of the irony, and the true spirit of Spanish soaps. This was pretty bad, and unfunny. It's just unoriginal, and screamed 'recurring'.

Eternal Spark of Love: This is another example of an undriven, recurring sketch. I don't know why so many nearly carbon-rewrites of recurring sketches have aired tonight. But, as the night goes on, they get more and more lazy.

Musical Performance: J-Lo performs "Starting Over". ...Yeah I didn't really enjoy this.

Smash Mouth: Yes. This sketch was, by far, the best sketch of the night. It was original, and Nasim made this sketch awesome. I really liked the originality in this sketch.

Car Horns: I don't mind seeing Jenny bring this character back. It's pretty funny, and maybe this will help Jenny get more acquainted with SNL (finally). It was a little bit more original, I guess.

Closet Organizer: The magic's gone with this commercial, since it had a follow-up. I also noticed they cut the Jon Hamm part out, which was probably the best part, since it was so unrelated to the actual commercial.

Tonight's show was right around average. There were some real good sketches that showed creativity. But, for all those creative sketches, there was some recurring sketch that was just a re-write with some minor changes. Jennifer Lopez proved to be a good host. I wasn't a fan of her being the musical guest, as I dont like her music, I guess. But, nothing against her. She performed it well. Anyways, I'm going to give this show the benefit of the doubt, and give it a slightly above average grade.

Next week: Zach Galifianakis and Vampire Weekend. Yes. This will be good.
VH1CL