Saturday Night Live

Jude Law/Pearl Jam

Aired Saturday 11:30 PM Mar 13, 2010 on NBC

7.6
  • If random ex-boyfriends are trying to murder you... get Broadview...

5.5
    Tonight's host is is Jude Law, who hosted SNL back in 2004 with Ashlee Simpson. Remember what happened with that? She lipsynched.... and she got caught. haha. Anyways, tonight, we are fortunate enough not to have Ashlee Simpson on stage, but rather, Pearl Jam.

I'm hoping tonight's reliance of recurring characters doesn't go too badly. I want some originality. I've been pretty lenient lately on what grades I give episodes, and hopefully my great personality (haha) will pay off to make a good episode tonight in return.
    Massa Interview: This was a pretty funny cold opening. Great way to drive away from the Obama opening. Bobby was funny as Massa.

Monologue: This wasn't anything too special. But props to SNL for having a second ACTUAL monologue consecutively.

Ford: I thought this was a good take on the Ford situation lately. Pretty funny with Abby and Kenan's facial expressions.

Secret Word: Ehhh. This was good with Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Again? No..... not really liking it. It seemed a lot like a rehash, down to Kristen Wiig's same oblivious character.

Broadview Security: This was a great parody. I find the real Broadview commercials so stupidly hilarious, so this was a great spoof on an already hilarious commercial. I'm enjoying SNL's "real" take on all these stupid scenarios that commercials actually do.

Spain: This sketch was pretty bland. It just felt like it's been done before, with the whole "one girl agrees, the other doesn't" thing.

Boombox: I've disliked SNL digital shorts before that eventually became big, and I changed my opinion on, but this wasn't too enjoyable to me. It was just there.

Musical Performance: Pearl Jam performs "Just Breath". I dont really care for Pearl Jam's music. It's nothing bad but nothing good in my book.

Weekend Update: Update was pretty funny tonight. The Jerry Seinfeld cameo was a huge surprise (even though it was obviously for "The Marriage Ref"). "Really?!?" is kind of like a Seinfeld thing, anyways.

The Twilight Zone: This sketch was okay. It wasn't too funny, but I guess I enjoyed Bobby and such.

Hamlet Audition: The impressions in this were really good. This was a pretty original, well written sketch. I enjoyed Bill Hader's Al Pacino being back.

Underground Rock Festival: I don't really like these characters, so this wasn't anything good for me. Plus, it was a repeat.

Musical Performance: Pearl Jam performs "Unthought Unknown".

Court Stenographer: This sketch was just funnier with the Jon Hamm show. The writing was sharper, and it was just better. Plus, this was nearly a carbon copy, once again.

Talk Show With Ravish: Something new. But, not too funny, even if it did star Nasim.

The show tonight did not really improve on the whole "originality" thing I was looking for. Jude Law was definitely a suitable host. Pearl Jam was also a good musical guest, but, I just didn't enjoy the sketches. Most of them were recurring. There were some sparks of creativity here and there, from the audition sketch to Jerry's cameo, but I don't know.

In 4 weeks, April 10, Tina Fey(!!!) hosts with musical guest, Justin Bieber(...) Hopefully the show is recooperated by then. They have a month.
VH1