Saturday Night Live

Louis CK / fun

Aired Saturday 11:30 PM Nov 03, 2012 on NBC

7.6
  • Lincoln CK kills

I wasnt sure how Louis CK's humor would translate on SNL and aside from a few low spots, there was some gold. The absolute best was the Abraham Lincoln bit. Excellent job. The cold opening was the best in a few years.
  • Louis CK Hosts

Louis CK surprised me by being able to actually play a few characters tonight, but I am tired of sitting through his boring stand-up. I also didn't really laugh at most of the sketches. The line as the hotel cashier about the argon, "It's a colorless, odorless gas, how can you be sure?" did get a chuckle out of me.

I liked the return of Cecily Strong's "the girl you wish you hadn't started a conversation with" character, which is pretty funny, even though it's essentially the female Nicolas Fehn. Glad she gets a recurring character because I think the show is underusing her a bit.

I also didn't like how it was an advertisement for cable though. Homeland references in the first two sketches, and then plugging his own Louie show with the Lincoln sketch.
  • Final Sketch Was 'Saturday Night' Gold

The majority of the episode was pretty much average, as for Louis C.K., he's a funny guy, like his show, didn't laugh once during his stand-up at the beginning (although that's most probably because I'm British and his type of humor doesn't really translate over here).

That said, F.U.N were great, Seth Myers was great (best guest was easily the social media specialist) and the final skit in the bar was a stand out as one of the funniest sketches this season, sketches as good as that only happen once in a blue moon for SNL (for me I haven't laughed that hard since the 'All My Children' sketch).

So the episode on a whole was mediocre, but the final sketch is definitely worth a watch as it is pure 'Saturday Night' gold.
  • Low IQ liberal bias diminishes this show.

1.5
    Same old tired bits and themes make the performers and audience look like simpletons and tools. I expect smarter humor from this show but am frequently disappointed.